Wednesday/Friday Waivers

Coltsfan

Wednesday/Friday Waivers

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:39 pm

We are a couple of weeks in now - what does everyone think about the new waiver system?

Wayne

SS

Re: Wednesday/Friday Waivers

Post by SS » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:51 pm

I think its overkill to be honest. But don't see how they can really do it any other way because of the onslaught of Thursday games...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Not a fan - just run it on Friday

If people wanted to play people in the Thursday games they should have picked them up last week

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Captain Hook wrote:Not a fan - just run it on Friday

If people wanted to play people in the Thursday games they should have picked them up last week
ANDRE BROWN.

So everyone should have known about him last Friday Perry? REALLY? Before Ahmad Bradshaw's injury and Brown's performance last Sunday afternoon? Realy? Wow. I understand the desire for just one waiver wire period, but if we did it every Friday wouldn't we miss out on all of the potential free agents who play on Thursday? This week it would have been Andre Brown and Ramses Barden.

I think we all would have lost a lot by not having waivers this week on Wednesday. All 18 Classic Leagues had Brown being picked up and many teams starting him. That pickup could be the difference between some teams winning or losing their league titles this week. Yes, it's a pain to have an early FAAB period and then another "mulligan" FAAB on Friday, but wouldn't we lose something with just one FAAB on Friday as Perry so boldly suggests?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Coltsfan wrote:We are a couple of weeks in now - what does everyone think about the new waiver system?

Wayne

Works great! Get to pick up Barden and start him on my shitty teams.... :? :lol:
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

particra

Post by particra » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Someone in one of my non-NFFC leagues used Friday waivers to win A. Brown for $350. Unfortunately for him, it was Aaron Brown from the Bengals.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm only in 4 managed leagues. I see no problem with it as is. It could take a lot of time for someone that's in a lot more managed leagues. In two of my leagues tonight, there were no FA pickups outside of mine. Maybe my teams just need a lot more help.... :(
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Greg - if there hadn't been Wednesday waivers before the Thursday games Imagine how much Brown would have gone for on Friday?

Yes it's nice for the teams that have a need for a player that emerged and has the early game, I just prefer them to run once a week, preferrably on Saturday or Friday. It seems like the week gets really disjointed having to figure out all your rosters and planning bidding for Wednesday - it was nicer to have until Friday to get all that done (must really be a PAIN for those with 50+ teams).

Damned greedy NFL's fault for having so many Thursday night games

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:17 pm

I like it a lot. It makes Wednesday a bit crazy, but frees up my Friday evenings. Nice to get players on Friday that I might need or somewhat like for only a couple of bucks too. Seems all the frenzy is on Weds and Friday you can get sale prices.

Pete

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:27 pm

I like it.. .Weds is the big bonanza every week and Friday allows for emergency pickups to protect team owners from foreseen things. I think I rather see the second Faab run Sat instead of Friday but it isn't a huge deal.