ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

JETS SB

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Post by JETS SB » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:50 pm

This is nuts. A complete joke.
Last edited by JETS SB on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdferenc

Re: ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Post by jdferenc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Worst call I have seen in my entire life. Wow!!
Josh Ferenc
2005 NFFC Classic Champion
Free-Rolling In The NFFC For Life Baby!

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 pm

I get a win because my opponent had GB defense and went for 8 to 3 with that TD, I guess I'll take it.

I officiated High School Football for a few years (which probably makes me more qualified than half of tonight's crew), but the problem with this play is, if you can ignore the blatant Offensive PI that can't be called during a review, then the play as ruled and reviewed actually is correct by the rulebook.

What happens in the air during a catch is meaningless in today's NFL, it's what happens as you go to the ground and complete the catch. Jennings (GB safety) had the ball first, however when Golden Tate wraps both of his arms around the ball on the way to the ground, when they land, both players have their arms wrapped around the ball simultaneously -- it's irrelevant that Jennings had it first. A simultaneous catch always goes to the Offense, and during review there's no where near enough evidence to overturn a "simultaneous" catch that was called on the field.

You may be a Packer fan and say "Bull Shit", you might be a Seattle fan and say, "Tate had the ball anyways", but from a neutral perspective who has minor officiating experience, the ruling field isn't nearly as big of a joke as the world thinks it is right now -- and I would expect a statement from the NFL pointing out something to the like tomorrow backing up this officiating crew.

I think the real lesson is "KNOCK IT DOWN"
Last edited by CALI CARTEL on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:I get a win because my opponent had GB defense and went for 8 to 3 with that TD, I guess I'll take it.

I officiated High School Football for a few years (which probably makes me more qualified than half of tonight's crew), but the problem with this play is, if you can ignore the blatant Offensive PI that can't be called during a review, then the play as ruled and reviewed actually is correct by the rulebook.

What happens in the air during a catch is meaningless in today's NFL, it's what happens as you go to the ground and complete the catch. Jennings (GB safety) had the ball first, however when Golden Tate wraps both of his arms around the ball on the way to the ground, when they land, both players have their arms wrapped around the ball simultaneously -- it's irrelevant that Jennings had it first. A simultaneous catch always goes to the Offense, and during review there's no where near enough evidence to overturn a "simultaneous" catch that was called on the field.

You may be a Packer fan and say "Bull Shit", you might be a Seattle fan and say, "Tate had the ball anyways", but from a neutral perspective who has minor officiating experience, the ruling field isn't nearly as big of a joke as the world thinks it is right now -- and I would expect a statement from the NFL pointing out something to the like tomorrow backing up this officiating crew.
WRONG! Jennings had the ball and had both hands around the ball against his chest.. Its been replayed 100 times. Not sure what you are watching..
Last edited by JETS SB on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:I get a win because my opponent had GB defense and went for 8 to 3 with that TD, I guess I'll take it.

Tate had one hand on it. That is not simultaneous possession.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Watching the same game as you guys, Tate has two arms around the ball, just the same as Jennings. Just because Jennings had it first, doesn't give him possession or the interception until he completes the catch to the ground. Before the catch is completed, Tate has the ball just as much as Jennings -- and this is what was shown during the review. The officials are bad, but they aren't just going to award the TD if the reviews showed a clear interception by rule.

jdferenc

Post by jdferenc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 pm

I wonder how many NFFC teams had their result changed with that last call.

Won with Wilson or Tate or lost after GB Def lost 5 points. This could cost someone $100k. Just saying...
Josh Ferenc
2005 NFFC Classic Champion
Free-Rolling In The NFFC For Life Baby!

particra

Post by particra » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:12 pm

The pass interference call on GB on the previous drive was even worse. So was the roughing the passer call. Disaster.

silas dain

Post by silas dain » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 pm

or how many guys had GB-3!

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:15 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:Watching the same game as you guys, Tate has two arms around the ball, just the same as Jennings. Just because Jennings had it first, doesn't give him possession or the interception until he completes the catch to the ground. Before the catch is completed, Tate has the ball just as much as Jennings -- and this is what was shown during the review. The officials are bad, but they aren't just going to award the TD if the reviews showed a clear interception by rule.
WRONG