biggest FA bust this year

thegambler

biggest FA bust this year

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 pm

yeah i know it is early but i have an early choice for biggest FA bust of the year:

andre brown rb nyg

i list him because of the money paid to get him. i had seen him go for over $700+ in some leagues. the only good thing about him getting hurt is now i don't have to bother starting him.

i would not be surprised to see him start to get dropped by some.....

Tom Kessenich

Re: biggest FA bust this year

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:24 pm

I think it depends on whether you started him against the Panthers or not. If you did, then he may have propelled your team to a victory that week and that's a huge impact. I agree overall his value could be minimal or even non-existent going forward but fantasy football is really a week-to-week game now so whatever you can do to help your team that week could end up being a positive move.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:32 pm

I saw Domenik Hixon go for a pretty penny, and he didn't do much this weekend. And going forward....

- Nicks may be back this weekend
- Ramses Barden has clearance to start practice
- Reuben Randle was more involved last week
- Only a matter of time before Hixon gets hurt ;)

But I agree that so far, Andre Brown looks like the biggest disappointment, as many probably also started him the week after the Panther game where he scored a whopping 2.8 points.

The lesson here is DON"T spend big $$$ on NYG players! :lol:

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:36 pm

alex green.......thought i would post this early. :lol:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:44 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:alex green.......thought i would post this early. :lol:
I hope not for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the Packers really could use something positive happening right now. Their season is in turmoil.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:15 pm

A bust would be someone you paid a lot of $$ for and did nothing. I was 0-2 in my Super league. I paid a lot for Andre Brown since Forte got hurt and he scored 28 points in week 3 and make it possible to get my first win in that league. If I didn't win and I went 0-3, I could pretty much kiss the season goodbye, so I don't consider that a bust at all. And who knows, Ahmad Bradshaw tends to get hurt a lot... we might not have seen the last of Andre Brown this season. Yes he has a concussion, but lets wait until the end of the season before we start declaring someone a bust.. especially a guy that has helped salvage a season for some of us.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:18 pm

JETS SB wrote:A bust would be someone you paid a lot of $$ for and did nothing. I was 0-2 in my Super league. I paid a lot for Andre Brown since Forte got hurt and he scored 28 points in week 3 and make it possible to get my first win in that league. If I didn't win and I went 0-3, I could pretty much kiss the season goodbye, so I don't consider that a bust at all.
That's my feeling too. With so few players you can trust on a weekly basis if you get someone who goes nuts for one week only and that's enough to key a big week for you then I think that will have been worth it.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

SS

Post by SS » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Jackie "I thought I was the starter" Battle...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Have to disagree. I only started Brown for the Panthers game in the one league I got him and he netted me 20 points more than the guy I would have started in his place. I'd rather have those 20 points than the money I spent though I suppose some might feel differently. When it all comes down to it I bet a lot of (not all) teams' big free agent pickup will have netted less than 20 net points for them over their replacement.

Happy with Andre Brown :).

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Jackson is hurt? Let me pick up Richardson. NOPE

Stafford hurt? Wednesday pickups? I need a QB...Shaun Hill baby! NOPE

Still need a FA QB...Maybe Hasselbeck will...NOPE

Well at least I drafted Donald Jones...No need to spend FA money on him. He's good for...NOPE
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."