Missed the Boat?

Don Draper

Missed the Boat?

Post by Don Draper » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Who is the thoroughbred you've hitched your wagon to, but he hasn't even got out of the gate yet? For me, that's easy, it's Kenny Britt. I took him on most of my teams and really thought he represented good value for where he was going.

Being a heavy stats guy (as opposed to scouting), this preseason I looked back at Britt's stats from the past two seasons. in his last 7 games (not counting his final game last year when he got hurt), he had 40 catches for 837 yards and 8 TDs. That translates to a 343 point season.

Yup, I'm aware he got hurt last year and has been working his way back, aware of the suspension and aware of the QB switch. but I really expected him to throw up at least a 250 point season this year (on a per game basis). That's only 15-16 points a game.

Not even close. Through 8 weeks, he's scored more than 7 points in only two weeks. Man, I missed the boat on him.

BillyWaz

Re: Missed the Boat?

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Easy for me......Peyton Hillis.

Being reunited with his old OC, Charles coming off an ACL, a much improved OL than he had in Cleveland, and the fact KC said they were going to get 500 touches for them, I bought into him as a good upside, possible 200 pt RB2.

On many of my OL teams, he WAS my #2 RB to start the season, and that leaves a huge hole.

I highly doubt he turns it around in the 2nd half of the season. :cry: If he does.....I'm ready! :lol:

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:09 pm

"Missed the Boat"? I don't think you quite understand what that phrase means -

You pass on Doug Martin, and he blows up ..... You "Missed the Boat" -

You take Kenny Britt and he under performs, ..... You "Made a bad pick" -

As for my misstep this year? Mr. Peyton Hillis - I'd like to put him on a "Boat"... A slow one - to China

Uuuuuuuugh

Though I must admit, I don't think I'd be too happy if I had take Jamaal Charles three rounds earlier either!

W
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Add us to the Hillis list. :cry: But at least he only cost a mid-round pick.

Steven Jackson though cost a 2nd-3rd round pick on half our teams. We thought he'd be a high-floor low-end RB1 and could average 13-15 PPG. Though many thought he was old, tired and about to break down, that's not at all what's happened. He appears to still be running quite hard when given the opportunity. Instead, the Rams just decided to begin taking a longer look at "Life after SJax" during this season. Let's hope he gets traded this week, so we can really see what the "old man" has left. ;)

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:36 pm

wiljiro wrote:"Missed the Boat"? I don't think you quite understand what that phrase means -

You pass on Doug Martin, and he blows up ..... You "Missed the Boat" -

You take Kenny Britt and he under performs, ..... You "Made a bad pick" -
i missed the beat repeatedly on Demarious Thomas, in favor of Kenny Britt every time :evil:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:55 pm

I have said for a while now, the key to being successful at fantasy football is not making the RIGHT pick, but avoiding the WRONG one. :D

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:04 pm

BillyWaz wrote:I have said for a while now, the key to being successful at fantasy football is not making the RIGHT pick, but avoiding the WRONG one. :D

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:06 pm

like clockwork...

Oct 29 - 4:00 PM Kenny Britt underwent a precautionary MRI Monday after experiencing renewed soreness in his surgically-repaired knee.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Don Draper wrote:like clockwork...

Oct 29 - 4:00 PM Kenny Britt underwent a precautionary MRI Monday after experiencing renewed soreness in his surgically-repaired knee.
I got him as a #4 on ONE team because in a moment of weakness I thought "what/if?" Otherwise avoided him like the plague.....and thankfully I have Mike Williams to step in his place. :D

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:15 pm

mine has to be 1 and 1a :

1- loved ryan williams based on my anti beanie feelings. had him everywhere.

1a- kendall hunter. gore was on my DO NOT DRAFT list. wrong again.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN