Not a fan of bad weather football

Jack_Bauer

Not a fan of bad weather football

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:51 pm

I know it is fun to watch guys play in the rain or snow or elements and from a purely recreational viewing standpoint, I see how that can be fun for a fan. But in big games (ie playoffs) or for fantasy, I hate bad weather because it levels the playing field and often ends up being about the players and teams ability to deal with the elements more than it is the other team. We are 3 minutes into the Sunday night game and the ball has been on the field 3 times. This doesn't take into consideration how the weather completely changes game plans and the ability for players to produce.

BillyWaz

Re: Not a fan of bad weather football

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm actually enjoying watching this one, as it is gonna be a slugfest!

And yes....I could really use some points from some offensive players! ;)

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:00 pm

From a purely basic football viewing aspect it can be fun. But when the game matters and it becomes more about dealing with the weather albeit extreme snow, rain, wind, cold it kind of turns me off some.

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:00 pm

ball on turf now a 4th time in first quarter...lol

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Jack_Bauer wrote:I know it is fun to watch guys play in the rain or snow or elements and from a purely recreational viewing standpoint, I see how that can be fun for a fan. But in big games (ie playoffs) or for fantasy, I hate bad weather because it levels the playing field and often ends up being about the players and teams ability to deal with the elements more than it is the other team. We are 3 minutes into the Sunday night game and the ball has been on the field 3 times. This doesn't take into consideration how the weather completely changes game plans and the ability for players to produce.
15 months from now, the Super Bowl will be played at MetLife Stadium. Now THAT will be a lot of fun. :roll:

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Ever since I could remember I played this game from 4 years old in my small grass-filled front yard under the best and worst of conditions - high humidity, sideways sleet, blazing heat, snow storms, torrential rain, frigid cold, strong winds, etc...this game was meant to be played in ALL conditions, FF geekdom aside. ;)
Last edited by DonnyG. on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 pm

we have hit the FIVE turnover in the first quarter mark...lol This from two of the best teams in the NFL this year... As I said, when it becomes more about dealing with the elements than it is the other team, it loses some luster for me. I am very into the chess match of game planning and making adjustments. Playmakers making great plays... In game strategy and good execution.

watching guys slipping on wet turf and falling resulting in INTS or watching wet balls bumbling out of the hands of playmakers is blah to me.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Jack_Bauer wrote:we have hit the FIVE turnover in the first quarter mark...lol This from two of the best teams in the NFL this year... As I said, when it becomes more about dealing with the elements than it is the other team, it loses some luster for me. I am very into the chess match of game planning and making adjustments. Playmakers making great plays... In game strategy and good execution.

watching guys slipping on wet turf and falling resulting in INTS or watching wet balls bumbling out of the hands of playmakers is blah to me.
But they are two of the best DEFENSES in the NFL this year.....not surprised a bit, and the weather doesn't seem to be bothering the WR's catching, the kickers, and certainly not the Texans running game who is gashing the vaunted Bears D.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Have seen many games where weather has not stopped an offense from firing on all cylinders.

Pretty sure the Patriots have put up 40+ and 50+ in snow games in the last three years. More to do with two elite defenses being out there.

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Billy,

I would argue had that game been played in good weather it would have been a completely different game and we would not have seen the six or seven (not sure how many) turnovers we saw regardless of how good the defenses are. Guys falling all over the place. Ugly game. From a fantasy perspective, I only had Marshall so I was thrilled he got what he got. Just an ugly game.