poor sports

got heeem

poor sports

Post by got heeem » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:43 am

what do you do when ( can't even call this guy a man ) ACTS LIKE A BABY and cuts all his players . he cut p manning /v cruz /a bradshaw /a johnson /julio jones /bge / h miller . should they be in the pool or removed . this is the worst case of bad sportsmanship of all time . would like feed back on this . :evil:

Tom Kessenich

Re: poor sports

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 am

Mark, we're aware of this situation. Those players will not be allowed to be put into the free-agent pool.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:22 am

thanks Tom to bad everyone can't play right .

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:50 am

Was this owner named Jeffery Loria by any chance??

What I can't figure out is how a team with Peyton Manning, Juilio Jones, and Victor Cruz can be OUT OF IT already???

No matter what you do with the FA pool it still will be unfair to the folks that already faced that team compared to the teams going up against the "Fantasy Football Miami Marlins" the rest of the way -

Wiljiro
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 am

wiljiro wrote:Was this owner named Jeffery Loria by any chance??

What I can't figure out is how a team with Peyton Manning, Juilio Jones, and Victor Cruz can be OUT OF IT already???

No matter what you do with the FA pool it still will be unfair to the folks that already faced that team compared to the teams going up against the "Fantasy Football Miami Marlins" the rest of the way -

Wiljiro
I agree Wiljiro, that is is completely unfair that teams who get to play this guy now get an automatic win, while others do not.

A couple years ago, an owner didn't show up for the Main Event and his team was drafted off a cheat sheet that was outdated by about 2 months, where his opening day roster had at least 2 guys on IR, Vincent Jackson (the year he held out till the end), and other players injured, etc. The people that played this guy FIRST got an advantage.

If I were Greg and Tom, I would ban this guy from the NFFC......period. You can NEVER control people quitting on their teams, but eliminating this guy from the contest in the future seems logical.

Was this a Main Event team, or online (just trying to get an idea of how much $$$ this idiot tossed out the window).

When people don't submit lineups, leave in bye week players, etc. that is one thing (sometimes there are extenuating circumstances, emergencies, etc), but when someone purposely cuts their best players.......they have no business playing fantasy sports.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:34 am

wiljiro wrote:Was this owner named Jeffery Loria by any chance??

Wiljiro
This is in a $150 Satellite League guys and we're handling this as the rules allow us, while also reaching out to this owner to see what happened. But we're not allowing this to go unattended and we've already dealt with the free agents. We've never seen anything like this and the stars have been pulled already. Yes, it sucks for h2h competition in this league, but it sure looks like the intention had more to do with the free agents going into the pool than the next h2h matchups. We're on it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:43 am

This cry babys name is nick deruiter . i looked at his team now and he has almost all jax jaguar players in his starting lineup .it is VERY VERY UNFAIR to anyone playing this baby the last 3 weeks .i hope he does'nt have any kids because this is a poor example to them .he shouldn't be able to enter any more contest again. but this will be up to greg & tom to deside .with this lineup he has now he will be LUCKY to score 50 pts . sad i know .

particra

Post by particra » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:52 am

I'd recommend putting something in the rules that states you lose the right to control your team if you engage in this type of behavior (at the discretion of the NFFC).

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:21 pm

I heard back from the owner in question and while I will say I disagree with what he did I understand at least some of the reasoning behind his decision. He said he knew the rules that several of the players he dropped could be removed from the free-agent pool and it was not his intent to corrupt the league in any fashion. His team is 1-9 and he's frustrated and wants to try something different to try and get some enjoyment out of the remainder of the season. If it were me, I would've handled the situation much differently but I think all of us can relate to having a team with good/great players who aren't providing the anticipated results.

I told him I consider the matter closed.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Money

Post by Money » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:I heard back from the owner in question and while I will say I disagree with what he did I understand at least some of the reasoning behind his decision. He said he knew the rules that several of the players he dropped could be removed from the free-agent pool and it was not his intent to corrupt the league in any fashion. His team is 1-9 and he's frustrated and wants to try something different to try and get some enjoyment out of the remainder of the season. If it were me, I would've handled the situation much differently but I think all of us can relate to having a team with good/great players who aren't providing the anticipated results.

I told him I consider the matter closed.
Sounds like a BS smoke screen to me. If you're still trying the competitive nature in all us dictates putting out what you believe gives you the best chance at winning. This player has rationalized his ridiculous behavior and on some level you understand it? That is certainly your right as it is mine to call it as I see it, a bunch of crap.
Joe