Broke Arm for Gronk?

HOF

Broke Arm for Gronk?

Post by HOF » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:29 pm

chriseibl

Re: Broke Arm for Gronk?

Post by chriseibl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 pm

confirmed by tom curran, comcast sports net. would potentially keep him out for remainder of regular season.

Ouch indeed. Happened on the last PAT?

HOF

Post by HOF » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Not sure what play but you hate to find out it was on a PAT attempt...

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Hate to see anyone suffer an injury, but this is New England's rediculous "run 'em up" mentality that this resulted from. They were leading 52-24 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th Quarter, and he was still in the game. They have only themselves to blame.

particra

Post by particra » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:52 pm

You think they would have learned something when Welker tore his ACL in a meaningless game. Eff the Patriots

HOF

Post by HOF » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:53 pm

I am a bears fan and just wish my guys could run the score up on someone...lol

I am of the mindset that its professional athletes making millions of dollars...so the "if you cant stop me I am going to score" mentality does not bug me.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:01 pm

HOF wrote:I am a bears fan and just wish my guys could run the score up on someone...lol

I am of the mindset that its professional athletes making millions of dollars...so the "if you cant stop me I am going to score" mentality does not bug me.
Hey, it doesnt bother me either.. Its the Patriots

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 am

JETS SB wrote:Hate to see anyone suffer an injury, but this is New England's rediculous "run 'em up" mentality that this resulted from. They were leading 52-24 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th Quarter, and he was still in the game. They have only themselves to blame.
I agree with this. He actually was hurt on the PAT. In other words, the Patriots had their star TE---a vital cog to their offensive machine---in there for the 59th point of a blow out. It's the Patriot way.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:49 am

Shrink Attack wrote:
JETS SB wrote:Hate to see anyone suffer an injury, but this is New England's rediculous "run 'em up" mentality that this resulted from. They were leading 52-24 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th Quarter, and he was still in the game. They have only themselves to blame.
I agree with this. He actually was hurt on the PAT. In other words, the Patriots had their star TE---a vital cog to their offensive machine---in there for the 59th point of a blow out. It's the Patriot way.
to be fair, he wasn't on the field for the final drive. guess they just couldn't find someone else for the PAT? heck, you'd think they could!

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 am

chriseibl wrote:
Shrink Attack wrote:
to be fair, he wasn't on the field for the final drive. guess they just couldn't find someone else for the PAT? heck, you'd think they could!
Tom Brady was throwing to Wes Welker on that drive, for their 59th point. and Gronk was in for the extra point, which in my mind, makes it worse.. did that point really matter? And would they even be kicking for an extra point, if they weren't trying to run up the score? Thing is, I have no problem if a team wants to play to the end, throw the ball, whatever... But. if you are ahead by 4 TDs with 4-5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and you have your franchise QB and top WR in the game, and your star TE in for the extra point, then you cannot use the injury excuse when you lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. Just like Wes Welker's injury a few years ago, this is nobody's fault but their own. I get the fact that injuries can happen anytime, but this was avoidable.