NFFC Rules Survey Going Out This Week

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Rules Survey Going Out This Week

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 am

I know that many of you are still fighting for NFFC money finishes and playoff spots, but if you have time this week please respond to our Rules Survey that is going out this week. We will have 3 questions on the survey and it will take you a matter of minutes to fill out. We'll tally up the results over the next couple of weeks and then plan accordingly for our 2013 rules. Thanks all.

I know there have been a handful of other rules suggestions posted on the boards, but these are the three critical ones that we want to focus on for 2013. The other tough decisions are going to have to be made by Tom and me and we'll go forward with those decisions when we announce everything in January. Thanks for understanding.

Here are the 3 questions you'll find on the survey:

1. The NFFC currently has two FAAB periods per week: A full FAAB on Wednesday night and a partial FAAB on Friday night. We are presenting two options for 2013, so please pick one:

a) The current setup where we have two FAAB periods: full FAAB late Wednesday night and a second FAAB on Friday night for all remaining free agents
b) A change to Wednesday night FAAB for just the players involved in the Thursday Night Game and then FAAB for all remaining players on Friday night. No players who were cut on Wednesday could go into the Friday free agent pool.

2. Would you like to see individual NFL players receive special teams points for punt and kickoff TD returns, along with rewarding the team Defense/Special Teams that produced the TD 6 points? In essence, a Special Teams would get 6 points AND the individual player would get 6 points for those NFFC owners.

Yes
No

3. The NFFC currently awards 6 points to QBs for each passing TD and -1 point for each Interception. Would you be in favor of increasing points for interceptions from -1 to -2?

Yes
No
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Cocktails and Dreams

Re: NFFC Rules Survey Going Out This Week

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 am

I think a review of the pros and cons should be included or you are going to have a lot of people incorrectly thinking that the Thursday only guys is a good way to go. That will probably win. However, when it royally messes up the ability to bid on who you want with conditional bidding, it is a horrific idea. I didn't even think it was too bad an idea with first casual thinking. I even told you that earlier this year on the phone. But then after thinking about why it wouldn't work more closely it became obvious to me. So it certainly takes some thought to understand why that option is bad, and if people are not informed of the pros and cons during the survey it will be flawed.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:I think a review of the pros and cons should be included or you are going to have a lot of people incorrectly thinking that the Thursday only guys is a good way to go.
Good stuff as always, Chad! :mrgreen:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 pm

King of Queens wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:I think a review of the pros and cons should be included or you are going to have a lot of people incorrectly thinking that the Thursday only guys is a good way to go.
Put the list together then. I do think as we saw on the boards that people were able to think through this question, but if you feel a list would make the survey more accurate then put the list together. We haven't sent it out yet.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
King of Queens wrote:
Put the list together then. I do think as we saw on the boards that people were able to think through this question, but if you feel a list would make the survey more accurate then put the list together. We haven't sent it out yet.
I think it's a good idea. Heck, even on political ballots they try to give you a gauge as to the impact in certain area's.
Joe

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
King of Queens wrote:

People discussed the pros and cons on the forum, so those on the forum got to see what they are. So they had the information necessary to form an opinion. But sure, I will post a list of the pros and cons of each option and post them here a little later today.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:44 pm

King of Queens wrote:

I think you took the meaning of "incorrect thinking" the wrong way. By incorrect thinking, I am not talking about people like you that do not seem to care about conditional bidding. You know some of the pros and cons. I am talking about the people that do not know them all, like myself, when thinking about it quickly and not taking the time to understand the pros and cons. The Thursday only thing seemed just fine. No big deal. But I was certainly thinking incorrectly and needed to take the time to see why it is bad. I think others would make the mistake I did initially in "thinking incorrectly" if they don't know the pros and cons.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:47 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
King of Queens wrote:

I think you took the meaning of "incorrect thinking" the wrong way. By incorrect thinking, I am not talking about people like you that do not seem to care about conditional bidding. You know some of the pros and cons. I am talking about the people that do not know them all, like myself, when thinking about it quickly and not taking the time to understand the pros and cons. The Thursday only thing seemed just fine. No big deal. But I was certainly thinking incorrectly and needed to take the time to see why it is bad. I think others would make the mistake I did initially in "thinking incorrectly" if they don't know the pros and cons.

I have talked to Glenn many times and believe he does think incorrectly........... :lol:
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
King of Queens wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Current setup with Full Faab on Wednesday and then second period Friday

Pros
1. You have access to all players at the same time.
2. You only have to do thorough waiver wire work one time per week.
3. You have everything done for the most part and are able to enjoy life more during the Thursday game and especially Fridays aside from some emergency situations and minor clean ups on Friday.

Cons
1. Everyone has the same, albeit a little less clear information on some injury news. It can lead to some bad drops from time to time, or bad bids. Same for everyone though, which is why some may think this is a pro, myself included.

Possible new system with Thursday players only on Wednesday and the rest of them on Friday.
Pros
1. Everyone would have slightly more current injury information. Some might look at this as a con though, myself included.

Cons.
1. Conditional bidding as we know it would be rendered useless for every Thursday game. Can be very very bad during bye weeks especially. Example. You need a wide out and have one drop. You want player A or B more than player C who plays on Thursday. You have no way at all to know if you will get the 2 guys you want more than player C. So you don't know if you should bid on C and then have to make an unwarranted decision on bidding on him and starting him or not. If you are able to bid on A and B at the same time, like every free agent system there has ever been in anything, you can put a conditional bid on player C if you are not able to acquire player A or B.

2. Extremely comprehensive free agent process needs to be done twice a week, rather than just once. Many might think that the Wednesday one will be free and easy as you only need to worry about the Thursday players. That is not the case. You have to evaluate the entire player pool to understand the value of the Thursday players that are available. Will create TONS more work for those with multiple teams. Very draining for those people.

3. Ability to relax and enjoy the game and your Fridays is gone, if you are one of the owners with many teams.

So basically you need to ask yourself if not being able to do conditional bids involving Thursday players, the extensive faab work twice a week, rather than once a week, and being not being able to enjoy Fridays far more, is more important, or having slightly more current injury information is. Those are the pros and cons to each as I see it.
Last edited by Cocktails and Dreams on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.