$25,000 Guaranteed For NFFC Post-Season Contest

Greg Ambrosius

$25,000 Guaranteed For NFFC Post-Season Contest

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:07 pm

We wanted to get our NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest set up earlier this year than ever before and get you thinking about one more way to win big prize money. The web page is now active and you can even secure teams in the contest right now. For more information, go to:

http://www.fantasy911.com/

We are again running this contest with our Wisconsin partners at Fantasy911.com. We hope to do even more with them in 2013 as far as Survivor Pools for all sports and more. Stay tuned there.

The good news is that we have raised the top grand prize to $25,000, while increasing the top entry fee to $200. We've still kept two lower entry points -- $50 and $75 this year -- but we really think the top level has great potential this year. We are basing the prize pool on 210 entries for the two lower entries and 200 teams for the $200 entry, so your odds of winning are very reasonable.

Registration can be found here:

http://www.fantasy911.com/SignUpNFLPlayoffs.aspx?

Here are the Rules for this progressive contest, which has you working your lineup before every week's games. This is A TON OF FUN!!!

Official Rules and Regulations of the
NFFC/Fantasy911.com Fantasy Football Championship
Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament

1. Overview:
1. Overview: The NFFC/Fantasy911.com Fantasy Football Championship Hold ‘Em Post-Season Tournament will begin with the first wild card games on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013 and continue through the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013. Points will be accumulated throughout the playoffs and the team with the most total points wins the grand prize. Second through fifth place prizes will also be paid based on total points. Each week the number of points an NFL player earns for you will be multiplied by the number of weeks he has been on your roster, rewarding fantasy players who correctly can predict top players on this year’s Super Bowl teams. Players who have first-round byes automatically earn two times their total points during Week 2 of the playoffs.

2. Draft: Owners must manage a team of 12 players throughout the playoffs to accumulate the most league points. Owners will initially complete their roster by selecting one player from each team that qualified for the playoffs. In the second round as teams are eliminated from the NFL playoffs, owners can have as many as two players from the same team on their Hold ’Em roster. In week 3 of the NFL playoffs, owners can have three players per team from their roster and during the NFL’s Super Bowl teams can have a maximum of four players per team (for a total of 8 players).

3. Roster Requirements: Maximum of 12 players at all times except the Super Bowl (8). No more than one player per NFL team in the first round and no more than two players per NFL team in the second round. In the third round of the NFL playoffs, teams will be limited to 3 players per team (12 total players) and in the Super Bowl they will be limited to 4 players per team (8 total players).

4. Starting Lineup Requirements: Starting lineups will consist of:
• 2 Quarterbacks
• 4 Running Backs
• 4 Receivers (includes Tight Ends)
• 1 Kicker
• 1 Team Defense/Specials Team

5. Scoring: Players can accumulate points in a number of ways:
PASSING:
• .05 points for every yard passing (works out to 1 point every 20 yards).
• 6 points for every passing touchdown
• minus 1 point for every interception and lost fumble
RUSHING:
• .10 points for every yard rushing (works out to 1 point every 10 yards).
• 6 points for every rushing TD
• minus 1 point for every lost fumble
• 6 points for a recovered offensive fumble for a touchdown (RB, QB, WR, TE)
RECEIVING:
• .10 points for every yard receiving (works out to 1 point every 10 yards).
• 6 points for every receiving TD
• 1 point for every reception for RBs, WRs, Tight Ends and QBs
• minus 1 point for every lost fumble
KICKING:
• 1 point for every extra point
• 3 points for every field goal from 1-30 yards
• 3 points for every field goal plus .10 points for every yard after 30 yards (i.e. a 47-yard field goal would be worth 4.7 points)
DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS:
• 1 point for every sack
• 2 points for every interception or opponents' fumble recovery
• 6 points for every touchdown (interception return, defensive fumble return, punt or kickoff return, blocked field goal return, blocked punt return). All special teams and defensive points are awarded to the team responsible, not the individual player. Should a kicker, punter or field goal holder throw a pass off a fake attempt, however, the offensive output for that offensive play would go towards the individual player, not the specials team. Also, any lost fumble or “muff” on a specials team play does not result in negative points for that individual player.
• 2 points for every safety
• 12 points for a shutout by the entire team
• 8 points for allowing 2-7 points by the entire team
• 4 points for allowing 8-12 points by the entire team
• 2 points for allowing 13-17 points by the entire team

6. Free Agent Acquisitions: After week one of the playoffs, you can pick up new players to fill out your playoff roster. In the second round as teams are eliminated from the playoffs, owners can have as many as two players from the same team on their Hold ’Em roster, 3 in the Championship Round, and 4 in the Super Bowl. Transactions are unlimited each week.

7. Hold ’Em Multipliers:
Each week during the contest, fantasy points are multiplied by the number of weeks each player has been on your roster. So if you pick Aaron Rodgers to be one of your starting QBs in the first week of the playoffs and the Packers are a Wild Card team, you would earn his points from week one. If the Packers won that wild card game, his points in the second round of playoffs would be multiplied by two. If the Packers advanced to the NFC Championship Game, his points would be multiplied by three and then by four if the Packers reached the Super Bowl (same scenario as 2010). Any NFL player that receives a first-round bye and remains on your roster, automatically has their points multiplied by two during their first game. Once one of your players are eliminated from the playoffs, you can pick up a new player for that upcoming round, but the multiplier would begin at one because you just added him to your roster.

8. Roster Time Frame: All starting rosters must be finalized five minutes before that weekend’s first playoff game. No lineup changes will be allowed after that first kickoff.

9. Number of Bid Limits: There is no limit to the number of new free agents you can add each week.

10. Tied Bids: In the event that there is a tie for the grand prize, the following tie-breakers will be used:
1. Predicted score of the Super Bowl game.
2. Highest weekly score of the teams during the playoffs (i.e. one team had a high of 220 points and the other team’s high score was 215, the 220 would win).
3. Highest score of the teams involved from the Super Bowl.
4. Highest score of the teams involved from the third round games.
5. Highest score of the teams involved from the second round games.
6. Highest score of the teams involved from the first round games.
7. Split the prize money in question.

11. League Structure: The league will consist of all participating teams without any limitation of the number. The basis prize breakdown is set forth in Paragraph 12 which follows.

12. Prize Breakdown:
NFFC/Fantasy911.com Fantasy Football Championship
Entry Fees 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
$200 $25,000 $5,000 $2,500 $1,500 $1,000
$75 $8,000 $2,000 $1,000 $600 $400
$50 $5,000 $1,500 $750 $500 $250

Note: Prizes are based on 210 entries

13. NFFC/Fantasy911.com Guarantee: Once a participant signs up online and submits valid payment, no money will be refunded to participants or co-managers unless the Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament is canceled. A team spot is considered filled when the entire entry fee is paid. The NFFC and Fantasy911.com are not responsible for any loss or liability incurred by any participant or co-managers due to cancellation of The Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament, including but not limited to time taken off from employment, etc.

14. Prize Winnings. If your prize winnings exceed $600.00, the winner must file a Form 1099 with the IRS at the end of this calendar year. If necessary, we will request your social security number. The Form contains the amount paid to you and you will receive a copy of the Form for tax purposes. You are responsible for paying any taxes that result from your cash prize. Please consult your income tax advisor for filing advice.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Re: $25,000 Guaranteed For NFFC Post-Season Contest

Post by Diesel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:13 pm

I'm in for 2 entries at the $50 level...I just have to try and remember the username on that site. I forget it every damn year. lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Diesel wrote:I'm in for 2 entries at the $50 level...I just have to try and remember the username on that site. I forget it every damn year. lol
Sounds good Marc. If you need help with your login, contact me or try Tom Hatfield at [email protected]. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:27 am

Greg - 2 questions

1. I noticed when I go to the site that the rules there state that RB get only 0.5 PPR. Is it definitely 1 PPR like it says below?

2. When I go to the standings link that it refers to for last year the standings do not look accurate. Basically I wanted to be able to access my teams to see my rosters from last year without digging through to find my "special notebook" that I had everything written on from last year..... :lol:

Any help would be appreciated
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:39 am

The Franchise wrote:Greg - 2 questions

1. I noticed when I go to the site that the rules there state that RB get only 0.5 PPR. Is it definitely 1 PPR like it says below?

2. When I go to the standings link that it refers to for last year the standings do not look accurate. Basically I wanted to be able to access my teams to see my rosters from last year without digging through to find my "special notebook" that I had everything written on from last year..... :lol:

Yes, scoring will be 1 point per reception for RBs. I'll make sure they update those rules on that page.

Those rosters should be accurate. I'll check again, but they should be what you had last year.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:01 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Greg - 2 questions

Yes, scoring will be 1 point per reception for RBs. I'll make sure they update those rules on that page.

Those rosters should be accurate. I'll check again, but they should be what you had last year.

I don't even see my teams?

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:00 pm

FYI - I see mine. Looks accurate to me.

southpaw24

Post by southpaw24 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:32 am

I had 3 teams in this last year as well and don't see any of them listed in the standings or roster links.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:12 am

Greg, standings on there are not from last year. Looks to be from a couple of years back. Can we have them update it, I would like to see my teams from last year as a reference

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:11 am

The Franchise wrote:Greg, standings on there are not from last year. Looks to be from a couple of years back. Can we have them update it, I would like to see my teams from last year as a reference
I will ask for that.