Checks Are Going Out Now For ALL NFFC WINNERS!

Greg Ambrosius

Checks Are Going Out Now For ALL NFFC WINNERS!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:09 pm

We couldn't send out winning checks for NFFC regular season winners until Elias finalized the scoring for Week 13 last night. Now that we have that done -- and those changes did result in some final standings changes -- we can get down to the fun part: PAYING YOU!!

As we did last year and as we did from years 2004-08, we will send out winning checks for all finalized league winners before Christmas. This isn't just for the Main Event, this is for ALL NFFC LEAGUES that are finalized now. If your league's winners have already been determined, we will send out those winnings in the next couple of weeks. Look for more details once we get down to the nitty gritty next week. But again, the goal is to get checks out before Christmas for those regular season winners that are already determined for all NFFC leagues and then get to the playoff winning checks separately in early January.

If anyone DOESN'T want their winnings in 2012 for tax purposes or anything else, please contact me at [email protected]. We can hold your check until January if needed.

And remember that there are no rollovers in the NFFC. Every penny of winnings goes out and is reported to the IRS (sorry about that, but it's law) and we start every new season with new payments. Cash in, cash out. Look for your cash shortly as we work hard in the next two weeks to get hundreds and hundreds of winners their rightful earnings. Enjoy and good luck in all of the NFFC playoffs.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: All NFFC League Winners To Get Paid Early

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Just a heads up that we are sending out regular season checks this afternoon to many of you fortunate winners. We are paying out close to $1 million in prizes to people who clinched first, second or third place in any of the NFFC leagues. These prizes aren't just for our Classic and Main Event winners, this is for the Online Championship, Satellite Leagues, Auction Leagues and private high-dollar leagues. In other words, ALL NFFC LEAGUES!! Some of the biggest checks still need one more step of approval, but for the most part the majority of our regular season winners will see their checks shortly.

Thanks to the STATS accounting department for the quick turnaround. Two weeks after Elias finalized the Week 13 stats we were able to pay all regular season winners. That's solid.

Obviously, this is the final week of the post-season. Elias will finalize all stats on Thursday and that's when final standings will be posted. We'll then get the payment process back in gear after that and get everyone fully paid with the remaining $1+ million in January. It's a beautiful payment process right now!!! :D Enjoy...YOU ALL DESERVED IT!!

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays!!! CHECKS ARE IN THE MAIL!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Tom Kessenich

Re: Checks Are Going Out Now For ALL NFFC WINNERS!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:30 pm

I'll echo Greg's comments in saying thanks to everyone in the Accounting department at STATS for helping us be the only high-stakes event in the industry paying ALL of our regular-season prize winners before Christmas.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:24 pm

The one good thing about our industry right now is that everyone is doing everything possible to please the PLAYERS. The Customer Is King!! One year removed from the WCOFF fiasco, all remaining game operators are doing everything they can to make sure the customer is not only fully paid but paid in the timeliest fashion possible. All game operators MUST run their businesses this way or they will be OUT!!

Even in the earliest years, the WCOFF didn't pay out winners after Week 13. We started doing that in 2004, but of course when Fanball bought us we stopped doing that in 2009 and 2010 and it hurt us badly. By then other game operators were doing that and we looked bad, especially when payments went out in late February!! LATE FEBRUARY to pay winners from December. Amazing and Tom and I still shake our heads over that.

But we're back on track with STATS and getting all regular season winners with checks going out before Christmas. Other game operators are doing the same and everyone doing it this quickly should be commended. I'm giving props to everyone taking care of their customers this way. And if you're not paying your customers this quickly, WHY NOT?

No matter how big you get, customers must be paid in a very timely basis. It has to be standard operating procedure in high-stakes fantasy sports these days. If not, then the customer will find someone else who is paying that way. The Customer Is King. Nobody in this space should ever forget that again because we all paid a heavy price for one company that didn't treat the Customer As King.

Now, save some of this money for 2013 NFFC and 2013 NFBC. It's our 10th anniversary for both sports and we're going to have some blowout parties for each!! :mrgreen:

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:03 am

Great job guys. As a former WCOFF member still holding the bag, I for one appreciate all your efforts. You are certainly correct when you say paying your customers on time should be a top priority. We all do this for fun, but there is nothing more fun than getting paid promptly.

Thanks again for a great season!

Pete

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Wow! Greg and Tom that was fast. I just got my regular season check in the mail today on Christmas eve. I wish there was a playoff check following it but I guess that's my fault:(

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Sabretooth wrote:Wow! Greg and Tom that was fast. I just got my regular season check in the mail today on Christmas eve. I wish there was a playoff check following it but I guess that's my fault:(
Great news Chris. I heard from a few other owners who were surprised to get their checks on Christmas Eve!! The timing couldn't have been better. Enjoy all. YOU EARNED IT!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Obviously this thread was for the regular season winners, but I wanted to update everyone on the timeline for our post-season checks. We are compiling all of the winners for our 300+ leagues now for accounting and double-checking every league. We hope to have all of that finalized in the next couple of weeks and get checks out in a timely fashion, just like we did after Week 13. We'll post an update as soon as we get closer to issuing the checks, but checks will definitely be going out this month and in your hands soon enough.

Please remember to have your W9 filled out online and updated with your current address. All checks go to the address on your W9, so please have that updated for us. You can find the W9 Online under Settings of your team page (blue navigational bar after you click on your team link, far right).

All winnings are paid out in full; there are no rollovers in the NFFC. If you want to split prizes with your co-manager, you must fill out that form and send to Tom by the end of today. Thanks all and congrats to all of the winners.

Soupdog1

Post by Soupdog1 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:18 am

I nver received payment for best record and most points in regular season for a $125 satellite league. I check and the address is correct for my contact info. Can you help figure out what happened?

Thanks

Scott Wieland

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:21 am

Soupdog1 wrote:I nver received payment for best record and most points in regular season for a $125 satellite league. I check and the address is correct for my contact info. Can you help figure out what happened?

Thanks

Scott Wieland
Scott, please email me at [email protected] with your address. Thanks. It's very possible some of the checks had a delay of some kind due to all of the holidays. But send me that info and we'll look into it.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich