Seattle defense... wow

Jack_Bauer

Seattle defense... wow

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Something tells me many a championship team this year will have the Seattle defense... 42 today? That is a lot of points for non Seattle owners to make up..

larry schechter

Re: Seattle defense... wow

Post by larry schechter » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:17 pm

AZ offense is epic bad

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Yep.....it is this kind of stuff that wins championships.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:01 pm

BillyWaz wrote:Yep.....it is this kind of stuff that wins championships.
Odds of Seattle Defense leading a healthy Aaron Rodgers at the half by 40+ points ... see Powerball.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm

What a wild day, didn't realize how easy it was to catch up in this format.

Started at 1:10 pm when I had Adrian Peterson and Jamal Charles notch 130 yards on their first carry combined. Add their performances to Seattle D, and I'm at 184 points for the week with Aaron Hernandez left to go. Think I jumped up from 190th overall to top 6 in the online championship. :shock: Pending how well Brady/Foster/Rodgers/etc. do.

Just as easily can lose it all next week though.

boli34

Post by boli34 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Im sitting 4th overall in the online :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:19 am

Coach JP wrote:What a wild day, didn't realize how easy it was to catch up in this format.

Think I jumped up from 190th overall to top 6 in the online championship. :shock:
This statement is exactly why we should somehow give more weight to the regular season (2x or more of your weekly average)?

Meanwhile, I'm sure there were teams near the top that had a Bryce Brown, Torrey Smith, Brandon Pettigrew, etc. that are now pretty much completely done.

Honestly, the fantasy football season (for me) pretty much always ends at week 13. I never seem to be the guy who has the Seattle D, MarShawyn Lynch, etc. Instead, I am the guy who has Matt Bryant on virtually every team. :lol:

Sure, it might eventually go my way, and I may have a subpar championship round team that does well in Week 14 to give me that "hope and excitement", but in the 9+ years I have been playing here, I haven't found it yet. :(

Oh well.....best of luck to all teams, and may you have the kicker who scores 17, and the defense who scores 30+ THIS week! :lol:

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Hang in there Billy.

Primetime playoffs I went in like a lion, about 8th overall, but will most likely go out like a lamb having lost all my starting running backs a couple weeks ago with McCoy, Mcgahee etc. and not having suitable backups. I'm rolling with Ronnie Brown and Ben Vereen which nets me a cool 5 points each week. Such is fate of FF

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:30 pm

I look at the regular season as my chance to win my league or finish in the money. If that happens, I get a lottery ticket for the big bucks. I sort of like it for what it is. I might even like it a bit more than usual this year as I started the Seattle D/ST and netted 181 points yesterday. But that's only one week out of 3. Anything can and will happen...

Pete

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Honestly I couldnt agree more Billy. Someone could have been in first with a really good D like SF in a good match up and lost all their ground they were up on the last place team by that team having Seattle's D alone.

You idea (or whoever's it was) for 2x your average from the regular season is the best idea I have read on these (or any other) boards. If I ran this site I would change to that without even voting but hey, that's just me. I think its outrageous that not one (or maybe one?) person has lead through the regular season then won the playoff title as I bet if you added up the total scores from weeks 1 -16 that regular season leader would have a LOT more points overall than the playoff winner