What Do You Need In Week 16 To Win BIG Dollars!!

Greg Ambrosius

What Do You Need In Week 16 To Win BIG Dollars!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:14 am

Okay, I know that nobody wants to jinx themselves heading into the final week of the NFFC season, but c'mon, let's talk about this week's matchups. We have more than $1.2 million on the line in the NFFC, so let's talk about what each of you need heading into Week 16 to win your league titles and the overall titles!! It will be fun....and therapeutic!! :lol:

I see some GREAT potential for some of the NFL's top stars thanks to the matchups. Tell us what you need and we'll have some fun with this thread. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: What Do You Need In Week 16 To Win BIG Dollars!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 am

Okay, since many of you know me and my brother Mike, I'll let you know that Mike and I are meeting in our family's Super Bowl this week. This is a league we started in 1986 and Mike actually has more Super Bowl titles than me. It includes my 85-year-old mother who has won 2 of the last 4 league titles. We finally disposed of Grandma before the playoffs, so she's not too happy with her sons!! :lol: But such is life!!

We actually have a family reunion each July at mom's residence and this year my other brother got a big draft board, stickers and we did it up right. I wanted to get my 11-year-old involved in fantasy football this year so I made him manager of this team and he sat with me at the draft. We keep 5 players each year, which the guys like, and then redraft from there. My son has been TOTALLY into it this year and he knows the scoring like the back of his hand. It's also helped his math skills. He will see AP go for 13 yards and a TD and go "dad, did we just score 7.3 points on that touchdown?" YOU BETCHA SON!!! :mrgreen: It's not high-stakes, but it's as much fun as anything the two of us have done together. Sundays are a blast with him thanks to this league.

Anyway, my team is comprised of Luck (Vick was one of our keepers), AP, Doug Martin, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson, Tony Gonzalez, CJ Spiller, New England and Connor Barth (Zuerlein is being benched). Mike's roster includes: Brees, Lynch, Steven Jackson, Megatron, Miles Austin, Sproles, Greg Olson, Mason Crosby, Bears D. He's GOING DOWN!! :mrgreen: He should lose outright just for having that stupid Packers' kicker on his roster!!!

Good luck to all of you in your NFFC and home leagues.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:48 am

I need NE to be up like 37-0 at Halftime after two Woodhead rush TD's, a Bolden rush TD, a Branch TD and 3 Gostkowski FG's -- then for the final to be 37-0 with a line for Brady like 200 & 1. I'd even be willing to let Brady have 20 (if Cam puts up 35+)

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:12 pm

I need Romo to go crazy and for Brady and Brees to basically be sidelined with stomach flu's. In addition, I would love to see CJ2K run off 2 more 80+ yard TD's.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Jersey Dawg wrote:I would love to see CJ2K run off 2 more 80+ yard TD's.
Dammit Pete, that crap isn't happening on Sunday at Lambeau Field!! I'll make sure of that!! :lol:

ALL-IN JD - Football

Post by ALL-IN JD - Football » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Sitting in 12th Overall in the Prime (and needing a minor miracle), I looked to see if I have any unique players that are not on the top 11 teams. Based on that theory (besides needing a monster game from everyone else) I need AT LEAST a 50 spot from the combo of AJ Green and Matt Forte.

Money

Post by Money » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:59 pm

I need to guess right on my QB situation. I have Flacco, Kaepernick and Wilson to decide from, while the other 3 playoff teams have Rogers, Brady and Ryan all in very favorable match-ups. I was hoping Sherman's suspension would be upheld before the weekend, but that now looks doubtful, so that will be a double whammy as I have Crabtree as well.

I've been able to hang close, but the match-ups this week are certainly not in my favor. That's part of the game though, handicapping playoff match-ups in advance and I didn't do very good at it. You never know though when it comes down to one week. I'm just happy to be alive.
Joe

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm

This has been the longest week of my life. I compiled a list of players that exist among the top 25 teams in the Online Championship, and basically I need Tom Brady to be average while still hitting Aaron Hernandez plenty of times.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:33 pm

I need the Fantasy Gods to smile upon me in one of these Overall battles for once and to take out their holy wrath upon my competitors by smiting all their players to the depths of football oblivion. ;) :D :?

If that's asking a bit too much, just give me Sunday night football with Crabtree within reach of bringing me to the Promised Land and I'll settle for that.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:14 am

So far the answer is:
Matt Ryan with 4 TD passes
Roddy White with 2 TD catches
Megatron
LeShoure

Not a bad start for some owners. Some big numbers last night.

Good luck everyone today!! It should be fun.