League Standings Live Scoring

HossJWW

League Standings Live Scoring

Post by HossJWW » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:03 am

Last night I thought I lost 2nd place in my satellite when AZ scored that last minute touchdown. Turns out I lost 2nd place by 15 points so it didn't matter.

I know this question was asked last year - why can't the league standings be updated live as the games progress?

Also, how bout a smartphone app for next year?

Thanks.

Money

Re: League Standings Live Scoring

Post by Money » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:12 am

HossJWW wrote:Last night I thought I lost 2nd place in my satellite when AZ scored that last minute touchdown. Turns out I lost 2nd place by 15 points so it didn't matter.

I know this question was asked last year - why can't the league standings be updated live as the games progress?

Thanks.
The reason this happened is because the league standings updated after the Saturday night game. So if you hadn't written down where everyone was at prior to that game it was very difficult to keep track of because the points from Saturday night were already included and were also a part of the weekly live scoring points. Adding them (the live scoring points) to the leagues standing would have caused them to be added in twice.

This is certainly an area to look for improvement in the future.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Re: League Standings Live Scoring

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:38 am

HossJWW wrote:Last night I thought I lost 2nd place in my satellite when AZ scored that last minute touchdown. Turns out I lost 2nd place by 15 points so it didn't matter.

Thanks.
Yes, that is on our list of items to improve for next year. I think having league standings that update the points totals similar to how we have them in the NFBC would be a great addition and it has already been added to our To Do List.

The smartphone app is already being developed, but unfortunately we weren't able to finish it in time for the 2012 season. We hope to unveil it for baseball 2013, so football is definitely on the horizon for a smartphone app. Thanks for the suggestions.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius