Billy Wasosky wins the 8th annual BILLYWAZ DC

BillyWaz

Billy Wasosky wins the 8th annual BILLYWAZ DC

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:27 pm

I feel a little awkward posting this but since it is a private league, and it is mine, I suppose I would be the one to do it. ;)

Congratulations to all the players in what I feel is the toughest DC every year. Here are the final standings.....

Behind The Woodshed BWAZ 2743.5
Team Zwickel 2677.8
Out of the Shadows 2613.35
King of Queens 2546.3
The Voice of ReasonBWAZ 2539.25
THE BLACKHAND 2485.35
Golden Tomatoes 2433.6
BigBlueNation 2421.95
Follow Me 2386.8
Getpaddled 2382.35
Coltsfan 2374.8
Big MO 2353.7
Sandman 2299.5
Glenneration X 2285.95

A unique little nugget is that many of the players from this league are in the Trendsetters draft (which starts immediately after the Super Bowl). In that league, Glenn Lowy finished FIRST, and I finished LAST. :lol:

This league pays out the top 3 places.....

1st- Billy Wasosky- $1,700
2nd- David and Gregg Zwickel- $800
3rd- Scott Stauffer- $400

Here are the winners since the inception of this league.....

2005- Matt Bayley
2006- Billy Wasosky
2007- Shawn Childs
2008- Patrick Welsh
2009- Mike Ferre/Darryl Lechniak
2010- Frank Mammola
2011- Billy Wasosky
2012- Billy Wasosky

Thanks all to a great league once again, and look for a PM in early July to confirm your spot for next season!

Hope everyone had a great fantasy season, and 2013 is the best yet! :D
BillyWaz

Shrink Attack

Re: Billy Wasosky wins the 8th annual BILLYWAZ DC

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Good job, Billy!! Two years in a row...impressive.

If the name of the league has that big of an effect, then next year it needs to be called The Frank Mammola DC to help out our Italian friend...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:49 pm

You remind me of Ricky Henderson Billy:) In all seriousness, nice work man.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:26 pm

yes , great job. back to back and 3x champ in a field that is the best of any league around. first round is on you in vegas next year. :D
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:You remind me of Ricky Henderson Billy:) In all seriousness, nice work man.
Ricky Henderson?

He was my favorite player growing up (because he was a lefty and batted righty, he led off, had a bit of pop in his bat.... like myself). :lol:

Sadly, I must not know that much about him because I don't get your reference? :?

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:51 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:You remind me of Ricky Henderson Billy:) In all seriousness, nice work man.
Ricky Henderson?

He was my favorite player growing up (because he was a lefty and batted righty, he led off, had a bit of pop in his bat.... like myself). :lol:

Sadly, I must not know that much about him because I don't get your reference? :?
Maybe because you "steal" the title?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:11 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
Ricky Henderson?

A bad attempt at humor on my part that was referring to Rickey talking about Rickey. Billy winning the Billy league somehow reminded me of him the for a second. And don't take that the wrong way at all. I always loved Rickey talking in 3rd person. He was entertaining. I really love the John Olerud story.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:
Ricky Henderson?

A bad attempt at humor on my part that was referring to Rickey talking about Rickey. Billy winning the Billy league somehow reminded me of him the for a second. And don't take that the wrong way at all. I always loved Rickey talking in 3rd person. He was entertaining. I really love the John Olerud story.
Gotcha Chad....really never watched much of his interviews. May have to YouTube a few.

Next year when I win, I will make sure to talk in even MORE 3rd person! :lol: :lol:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Sometimes I think Billy just created this contest so he could kick all our a$$es every year. Eight seasons and Billy wins nearly half of them. Quite the accomplishment Bud, especially against the level of competition this league attracts each year. Great job and congrats (and next season, how about giving one of the rest of us a shot at the top spot ;)).

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 am

Great job again Billy. Hope you and yours had a Merry Christmas. Maybe we get a chance to hook up again this year somewhere.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"