NFBC Wins FSTA's Best Fantasy Live Events Award

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Wins FSTA's Best Fantasy Live Events Award

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:36 pm

We posted this on the NFBC Message Boards last night because the official award was for our baseball events, which we hosted in six different cities over two weekends. But this award shows what the industry thinks of both of our live events. And as we enter the 10th anniversary season for baseball and football, we plan on providing EVEN MORE good fun at our live events. Baseball will have an NCAA Viewing Party, while our NFFC owners in Las Vegas will be greeted with an NFL Viewing Party. Look for more details on all of that soon.

Anyway, here's the info on our 2nd straight year of winning the FSTA's Best Fantasy Live Events Award:

Everyone here at STATS and the NFBC is honored to have received the FSTA's Best Fantasy Live Events Award last night at the industry's Trade Conference in Las Vegas. This marks the second straight year that the NFBC has won this award, which was presented at the FSTA's Awards Banquet at the Mirage Las Vegas.

Tom and I were present to receive the award and to have some celebratory drinks afterwards!! :lol: It was a great night following our debut SiriusXM show that afternoon.

The NFBC continues to be the only live events contest in the industry with regional drafts. In 2012, the NFBC held live drafts in six cities over two weekends, along with hundreds of online drafts. The NFBC finished with 270+ different leagues between its 12-team and 15-team formats. Almost $2 million was awarded last year as the NFBC completed its 9th season. Since 2004, the NFBC, NFFC and NFBKC has awarded more than $15 million in prizes. This upcoming season will be the NFBC's 10th anniversary season.

Thanks to all of our great customers for making the NFBC the best Live Events Contest in the industry. We couldn't win this award without all of you folks!! :mrgreen: Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Cocktails and Dreams

Re: NFBC Wins FSTA's Best Fantasy Live Events Award

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Easily the best live draft experience of any event. Not even remotely close. I have been critical at times on some software issues, live scoring etc. But live draft experience is an area you truly do dominate. Have wonderful people working the drafts, have excellent host hotel, the rooms are perfect, the food brought into the room is awesome, some beers on hand is awesome, and the competition are good people. I don't think there is one thing I don't like about the NFFC live draft situation.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Easily the best live draft experience of any event. Not even remotely close. I have been critical at times on some software issues, live scoring etc. But live draft experience is an area you truly do dominate. Have wonderful people working the drafts, have excellent host hotel, the rooms are perfect, the food brought into the room is awesome, some beers on hand is awesome, and the competition are good people. I don't think there is one thing I don't like about the NFFC live draft situation.
Thanks Chad. That means a lot coming from you. Going forward, we're going to do an even better job of creating an EVENT before our live events in Las Vegas for those who can join us. In baseball that will mean an NCAA Viewing Party before the big weekend of events in Las Vegas and in football it will be the NFL Viewing Party before the Second Weekend of events. I think we feel comfortable saying that going forward Las Vegas will be the only live events venue during one of the two draft weekends for both sports and then we'll do regional drafts on the other weekend as long as demand warrants it. This way we can get as many of our participants live in one spot as possible and really create that EVENT feeling.

This award is as much attributable to our great customers as it is to everyone at STATS. Thanks for helping us make it through the first 9 years and we look forward to many more years together.

Oh, and your criticism about any of our software issues is important feedback for us. We agree that all of those areas need to be upgraded and they will be. It's important for us to lead on the technology side and make the in-game experience as enjoyable as it possibly can be. In this competitive environment if we don't do that then it doesn't matter how nice our host venues are or how many beers we buy on Draft Day. We have to perfect everything involved online or we'll be left behind. We're going to improve on all of that, so again, THANKS for the feedback on all of that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mweber7777

Post by mweber7777 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:19 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Easily the best live draft experience of any event. Not even remotely close. I have been critical at times on some software issues, live scoring etc. But live draft experience is an area you truly do dominate. Have wonderful people working the drafts, have excellent host hotel, the rooms are perfect, the food brought into the room is awesome, some beers on hand is awesome, and the competition are good people. I don't think there is one thing I don't like about the NFFC live draft situation.
Hey guy, i don't do a lot of baseball. i know your the GURU, could you shoot me an email.. giving me a little idea of formula on how to deal with these baseball leagues? im not going to do the high stakes, some online championships.. just curious..

mike weber.

[email protected]

thanks.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:23 am

could not have said it better. well deserved award.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Certainly not any kind of a "guru" but if you send me a PM with some questions, I will try to answer them as best I can.
mweber7777 wrote:
Hey guy, i don't do a lot of baseball. i know your the GURU, could you shoot me an email.. giving me a little idea of formula on how to deal with these baseball leagues? im not going to do the high stakes, some online championships.. just curious..

mike weber.

[email protected]

thanks.