SOLD OUT: New York Super League

Tom Kessenich

SOLD OUT: New York Super League

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm looking for some input from my New York folks with the schedule for the Auction and Super league. Right now we have the following schedule:

Friday, August 30, 2013
6 p.m. ET: Auction (14 Teams)
Sunday, September 1, 2013
1 p.m. ET: New York Super League (12 teams)

Since we had a few teams that played in both of these leagues last year I wanted to split up the times so people could do both. If this current schedule looks good to everyone we'll stick with it. But if people would like something different we can certainly adjust. Some possible options:

1. Moving the auction earlier on Friday to Noon or 1 pm ET and then moving the Super to Friday night. Moving the Super isn't an issue but would people come to NY earlier in the day on Friday for the auction? We have plenty of folks who do that in baseball but will you do it in football?

2. Moving the Super to Friday night and moving the Auction to Sunday.

Those were the only alternatives I was thinking of right now. What do all of you want to do? Post your comments here or email me at [email protected] and help me figure all this out. Thanks. :)

Here's the current signup thread for the New York Auction, which has ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT:

NFFC 14-TEAM AUCTION LEAGUE
NEW YORK
Friday, Aug. 30, Noon pm ET

1. Mike Weber, Freehold, New Jersey
2. Eddy Betancourt/Marc Quitsch, Woodhaven, New York
3. Dave Martino, Melville, New York
4. Andy Saxton, Bear, Delaware
5. Michael Edelman/Sal Cataldo, Elmwood Park, New Jersey
6. Jeffrey Potok, Lake Worth, Florida
7. Alan Greenberg, New Haven, Connecticut
8. Winston Sapigao, Flushing, New York
9. Nelson Sousa, Saugerties, New York
10. Dan Mitlof, Congers, New York
11. Roger LeBoeuf, Swansea, Massachusetts
12. Frank Mammola, North White Plains, New York
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Re: Thoughts On NY Auction/Super Schedule

Post by 76erfan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Personally would love to have the Super Friday night. And I know others want it Friday too.

We had trouble filling auction last year on Friday night all in one city anyway........hope the auction can be all in one city this year

what about like 3 pm auction and 8 super? Super would be over by 1030 I would think.... Will people want to stick around for Sunday in the city for one draft at 1 PM. Not sure about that...plus probably keeps NFFC cost down if one less day to have to reserve for.

We had about 8 guys from the super go out for beers after draft last year(on a Friday night)..which was cool.....that wont happen on a Sunday afternoon......just my thoughts..you know I am a team player.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 pm

I agree the Super probably works best on Friday night. We could definitely push the start time back to 8 pm or so if that works for everyone. My concern is the Auction. If people are willing to do it earlier in the day than we don't have a problem. Since you were in both Andy I'm assuming you're good with that plan, right? :) We can definitely toss that out there as the proposed new option.

So if we went with the following

Friday Aug 30
Noon ET Auction
6 pm ET Super

Would that work for everyone? Again, though, the folks who need to agree to this are the auction people. We did have less than a full league on Friday night last year so that's something to take into consideration. However, we don't want to start earlier in the day and not have a league at all. So for the folks playing the auction - would earlier in the day on Friday work and if so what time would you prefer?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 pm

yeah i think 5 hours is about the max the auction would go and thats assuming no fire drills in chicago:) I think we did 4:45 last year even with that.........

IF you are asking me to commit to both(which you probably are)....I guess so. :)

I know guys that have to take the train in or are coming from work will want the later start for super....I probably drive up Friday morning and take day off so doesnt matter to me when auction starts........

Would also love 12 combatants for super all in person....thats means you too Lowy!

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:51 pm

I originally wanted to keep the Super on that Friday night but that was before I realized that an extra primetime league was setup for that Friday night so the Super moving to Sunday was a better option for me since i would have to drop out of the friday night primetime league so i can do the super. I'm assuming that the live primetime league and super would interfere with each other on that night correct ?? I don't know how many other people that are in the Ny super are also doing the prime that night but thats an issue for sure.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 pm

greenwichsttavern wrote:I originally wanted to keep the Super on that Friday night but that was before I realized that an extra primetime league was setup for that Friday night so the Super moving to Sunday was a better option for me since i would have to drop out of the friday night primetime league so i can do the super. I'm assuming that the live primetime league and super would interfere with each other on that night correct ?? I don't know how many other people that are in the Ny super are also doing the prime that night but thats an issue for sure.
That's good to know. We did have a Friday Primetime league in NY last year so that's something else to factor into the discussion. Another option would be moving the Super to the afternoon and keeping the Auction on Friday night. What about that?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:06 pm

the more I think about it I'd rather have the Super as the last draft of the season on that Sunday afternoon after the classic and primes are finished up but thats just my opinion.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:13 pm

greenwichsttavern wrote:the more I think about it I'd rather have the Super as the last draft of the season on that Sunday afternoon after the classic and primes are finished up but thats just my opinion.
No problem. That is the current setup so unless we get some strong ideas for alternatives I think that's the way we may need to go. We only have one NY weekend again this year and that will be the case going forward as well. So we need to figure out a way to get everything on the schedule. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:02 pm

leave it to vaccaro to screw things up. This championship has gone to his head:)

let me email last years league and tell them to come respond on the board here with their preference

I talked to a few today that travel into the city and they really dont want to have to travel in a third day that weekend......auction and super on same day(if we can figure out times) would be great

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm

haha Andy, very funny. Like I said if im the only one holding up the super from being on Friday night then i'll just cancel the live primetime draft and do it another day if its a timing conflict