SOLD OUT: Aug. 30 New York 12-Team Auction League

Tom Kessenich

SOLD OUT: Aug. 30 New York 12-Team Auction League

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:28 am

We have sold out one Auction league in New York on Friday Aug. 30. We still have plenty of time before the event so I wanted to see if there was interest in a second auction league in New York that day. We have one owner who would dive in immediately so I wanted to see if there was anyone else who also wanted to get into an auction league. It could be a 12- or 14-team league so we have some options. Post your interest here, sign up on the site or email me ([email protected]) and I'll get a list going and we'll see where this takes us. The Friday Noon ET league will remain on registration so use that option if you sign up on the site and we can figure out all the final details later.

Who else wants to get into a New York Auction league this year? Can we play two? :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Spaige52

Re: Is There Interest In A 2nd New York Auction?

Post by Spaige52 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:20 am

Tom- I am interested in a second auction. 12 or 14 does not matter. Thanks Scott Paige

Route C

Post by Route C » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:39 am

I'm in if no one drops from the 14 teamer and opens a spot for me.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:27 pm

I was wondering why there was only a 14-team offering for auctions in NYC, the auction capital of the universe. I'd be into doing a 2nd auction if one was made available in a time slot not already taken up by something else I am registered for. Can we fit a 12-teamer in somewhere that weekend?

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Tom may have been trying to do a second auction at same time as other. Be tough to fit a second one in friday with owners already doing the first

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:48 pm

76erfan wrote:Tom may have been trying to do a second auction at same time as other. Be tough to fit a second one in friday with owners already doing the first
Yeah, I know. Still, would be cool to fit in another. :)

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Hey I am game making super a primetime nAtionally televised event or at least push it back a little :-)But lets see what the boss says

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:15 am

Glenneration X wrote:I was wondering why there was only a 14-team offering for auctions in NYC, the auction capital of the universe.
We typically have only had one auction in NY. Last year we didn't fill up the league there and had to combine with Chicago on the phone. So we didn't want to offer more than we believed we could realistically sell out. The good news is we sold out the 14-team league much earlier this year than in recent years so now we have some time to see if we can get a second league going.

Ideally, I'd like to run the second league at Noon ET since we have two events (the Primetime and Super) scheduled for Friday night. But I'm not locked into that. If there were enough people who wanted to do an auction at 5 ET or in that range we could do it then. Or we could start earlier as well. We have options but what I need to find out is the following:

1. What format do you want (12 or 14 team) or are you fine with either one?
2. What time would you prefer?

If we get enough interest and enough common ground we can start figuring all this out. Again, the good news here is we have plenty of time to get a second league going but the earlier we start planning the easier it will be to set it all up later. ;)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:48 am

i think you have people that wouldnt mind doing two auctions and the super all in the same day......or at least people that want to do both auctions...

12 or 14 teams doesnt matter to me....but my guess is maybe some peeps will want to do the 12 teamer...since they are already doing a 14..i think you def would have several owners in both auctions

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 am

I would do a pair of Auctions and the Super all in the one day if the timing could be worked out. I would like at least a short break though between each (I know, I know, I'm getting older). However, an earlier start for the first auction or later start for the Super would all be OK by me if it would allow another auction to fit in (again with a reasonable time allowance to complete one and get to the other with maybe a bathroom, smoke, and short food break in between....I know, I know....old).

Also, definitely would want the 2nd auction to be a 12-teamer for some variety.

One man's thoughts.