No Opinions On Aaron Hernandez?

Greg Ambrosius

No Opinions On Aaron Hernandez?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Okay, I know June is a slow month for fantasy football talk, but c'mon, this Patriots' tight ends situation is getting crazier by the minute. Nobody is even talking about Rob Gronkowski's fifth surgery since October -- back surgery that will likely land him on the PUP list for training camp -- now that Aaron Hernandez has stolen the headlines. Not only is Hernandez being questioned for a recent murder involving his girlfriend's sister's boyfriend, but apparently he was involved in a shooting in February as well:

http://gossipextra.com/2013/06/19/aaron ... rida-2700/

This is a wild, wild situation. Hopefully it all works out, but unfortunately one person is dead and another is without an eye and the same person is being questioned in both situations. Hernandez had an ADP of 50 before all of this mess and Gronkowski had an ADP of 38, but it's hard to believe that fantasy owners will keep them ranked that high in the immediate future. Or will they drop in value?

Let's hear your thoughts on this mess. Have you ever seen anything like this from one position on one team?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BONGIZMO

Re: No Opinions On Aaron Hernandez?

Post by BONGIZMO » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Everyone focuses on Gronks fun loving partying self and pictures with strippers these last couple years and Aaron simply took a backseat. What folks have forgotten is that it was Hernandez that came with 'character' issues at draft time as I recall. It seems time and time again, character questions at draft time tend to lead to real life issues for the team.

This first incident when tied to the latest would sure make things look very bleak, too much smoke in my opinion for their not to be fire. Oh and yes I did actually draft Aaron already, on the team with Crabtree...can you say donation to the group?! :shock: :oops: :(
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

morons

Opinions On Aaron Hernandez

Post by morons » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:24 pm

I think Hernandez had health/durability concerns to begin with, so now you ad something like this which could lead to legal problems/suspensions/jail vs a major distraction even if none of those things are the result of this, and I'd say "yes", it lowers his value.

I took him once as a 6th rounder, thought he was a good value pick then, but now he falls out of the top 100 until this is cleared.

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 am

Can anybody say Ray Lewis. First to talk first to walk.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:16 am

I hear Tebow's on a fast food diet to bulk up enough to play TE! :lol:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:41 am

This isn't looking good. From RotoWorld:

A law enforcement official tells FOX Boston that Aaron Hernandez "appears to be directly tied to the homicide" of "associate" Odin Lloyd in North Attleboro, Mass.
There are many important things to remember here, namely FOX 25 is not a typical Rotoworld source, and Hernandez has yet to be charged with a crime. That being said, the storm clouds appear to be gathering for the star tight end. FOX Boston reports Hernandez, Lloyd and two other men left a Boston-area bar in a car driven by Hernandez on the night of the homicide, but Odin was the only passenger not to make it back to Hernandez's house. Further, forensic evidence has reportedly placed a vehicle driven by Hernandez at "one of the crime scenes in (the) case." Police are still searching for a second vehicle. Thus far, Hernandez has declined comment.
Source: FOX Boston Jun 19 - 11:42 PM
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:19 am

Presently Id say he's a late round flier round 14 or later. But this doesn't look good at all. Come September he's probably off everybody's draft list. Maybe he can be OJ's cell mate :shock:

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:40 am

Without knowing much other than what I've read he looks like he was there when Lloyd was killed at the LEAST :? He looks guilty in my eyes from what I have read. Every time a new fact comes out it looks worse and worse. Pretty unreal. He's nothing more than a lottery ticket in drafts imo. This sums up my thoughts lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7tgX_Uaqs

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:49 am

If Roethlisberger could get a four-game suspension (originally six games) despite never being charged for sexual assault I don't see how Hernandez avoids a year if he's arrested and charged in connection to a murder.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:09 am

Cross him off your draft lists now. Not even worth a 23 round pick....you can't play football from jail which is where this thug is headed. At the very least the NFL is going to hit him with a major suspension.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne