Tom & Greg LIVE CHAT Today At 3 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

Tom & Greg LIVE CHAT Today At 3 pm ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:41 am

We apologize for being so busy this off-season that we haven't even held a single Live Chat on the NFFC boards, but we're going to make time today between watching online drafts to answer your questions. Load up this thread with questions in advance and we'll do our best to answer as many questions as possible. They can be NFL questions, SiriusXM questions, NFFC questions, live event questions, love life questions, etc. Anything is open for discussion today.

We'll be here at 3 pm ET as the 1 pm ET Cutline Championship should be about done then. Let's have a discussion for an hour or so and get everything in the open. Things are looking good, but we still have a lot of work to do. Let's get it done.

As Bart Scott said: CAN'T WAIT!! See ya at 3:00, but load up the questions in advance. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mattjb

Re: Tom & Greg LIVE CHAT Today At 3 pm ET

Post by mattjb » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:27 am

Which rookie RB ends up with more fantasy points, Monte Ball or Le`Von Bell?

I've seen these two yoyo in terms of who gets drafted higher all summer. I'm in the Bell camp just because his competition looks less crowded and less talented but what do you think?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:40 am

I'll go with Bell. I think he's the least talented of the Top 3 rookie RBs but he's by far in the best situation. No meaningful competition for carries and a team which would like to establish a run-first mentality. I think he's set up to do very well this season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:55 am

Who are your surprise team candidates for this year? St. Louis looks poised for some uptick in wins and offensive production. I know Buffalo and Jax look horrible in most eyes but I believe they can be 8-8 type teams and produce some fantasy bargains. Lets start with Jaxville. MJD if healthy will be a very nice RB2. Blackmon and Shorts will make very nice WR threes. Joeckel at Left Tackle should make a difference here as well. My beloved Bills will make a run at the Pats this year. EJ Manuel looks a lot like Cam Newton. All the talent is there. He showed a nice pocket presence and good running ability as well. Doug Marrone looks like the best Head Coach they have had since Marv Levy. We know what CJ can do and Marrone will give him the Ball plenty. The Bills offense is up tempo and Im sure will have wrinkles not seen yet (maybe read option?). Buffalo has a nice front 4 and a much more aggressive approach this year on defense. Keep your eyes on the Bills.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:57 am

which ram rb will lead the way for them. stacy seems to be falling behind and pead couldn't beat drich out last year. which guy has the value here.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:05 am

As far as surprise teams, I'll change it to most improved and go with the Chiefs and Rams. Kansas City has talent. Their Pro Bowl numbers attest to that. Now that they have an actual head coach they should be much better. I also think the Rams are poised to continue improving. Their problem is they play in a really tough division. But I like what St. Louis is doing under Fisher.

With regard to the Rams' RB situation it looks like Richardson is running away with the job. The Rams clearly want Pead to have a role and that can't be discounted but he needs to play significantly better to earn it. Otherwise, Richardson could end up generating low-end RB2 value if he is the primary RB.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:13 am

everyone love spiller. how do you see him. i think the bills are a 4-5 win team ( sorry david.. :) )new coaching staff , small window of past work , plays on a team that will be behind in the second half of most games. do you see possible bust here.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:17 am

I think Spiller is a big-time talent so I don't see him busting unless he suffers a major injury. He's in the same tier of RBs as Rice, McCoy, TRich and Lynch for me after the Top 4 (Peterson, Martin, Charles and Foster) are off the board. A lot will depend on Manuel but Spiller looked great last season and Ryan Fitzpatrick had plenty of issues so he's proven he can excel without superlative QB play. On top of that, Fred Jackson looks like he's close to the end so Spiller should get all the touches he can handle.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:53 am

BLACKHAND wrote:everyone love spiller. how do you see him. i think the bills are a 4-5 win team ( sorry david.. :) )new coaching staff , small window of past work , plays on a team that will be behind in the second half of most games. do you see possible bust here.
Don't discount Marrone as a Coach. No huddle offense and the read option with Spiller and Manuel. The stable of Receivers in Buff is much better as well. Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods with the blazing speed of Graham and Goodwin. Goodwin just missed returning 2 kickoffs for TDs. DaRick Rogers has impressed as well. Kiko Alonzo will amp up that D!!!!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:59 am

under 6.5 wins david. 8-)