CUTLINE question

BillyWaz

CUTLINE question

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:36 am

Just trying to get all my "ducks in a row" for FAAB this year. Here is what the official rules state.....

8. Free Agent Acquisitions
Any player who is not on a team roster within your league is considered a free agent for that league. The free agent system will be a "blind bidding" process for each individual league (Free Agent Acquisition Bidding or FAAB), but will be held ONLY 3 TIMES DURING THE SEASON. FAAB will run before Week 2, before Week 6 and before Week 9. Each team will start with a $1,000 FAAB budget, and will be permitted to bid for free agents three times per year. No team will be informed of any other team's free agent bids before they’re announced and only the winning bid and the runner-up bid will be announced afterwards to NFFC owners. The team with the highest bid on any given player will be awarded that player. The amount of the winning bid will be deducted from the winning team's free agent dollars. For each winning bid, the winning team must drop a player to make roster room for the free agent acquisition. If a team's free agent dollars goes to zero, that team will no longer be allowed to bid for the rest of the season. No bid will be accepted that is larger than a team's free agent dollars. All bids must be in increments of dollars (no cents).

So my 2 questions....

1) Is the bidding deadline before weeks 2, 6, and 9 ONLY on FRIDAYS? (I believe it was)

2) Is it at 10:00 PM EDT like all other events? (assuming it is, but just want to make sure)

Thanks!! :D

Jim Christie

Re: CUTLINE question

Post by Jim Christie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:58 am

I thought they changed it to before week 3, 6, and 10;

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:01 am

forgot, and with 10 teams, I am very happy it is this way; could you imagine faab for 10 teams, plus 3 OL and a Primetime and 14 team Auction? Andy Saxton has that many not including his Cutline teams :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Bump. I haven't seen this answered yet. I think they are both "Yes", but it would be good to get confirmation.

Also, is it correct that Cutline week 1 lineups can be changed after the Thursday game for players in that game? I'm assuming yes, especially since cutline league signups extend beyond Thursday. Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:08 pm

BillyWaz wrote:Just trying to get all my "ducks in a row" for FAAB this year. Here is what the official rules state.....

Any player who is not on a team roster within your league is considered a free agent for that league. The free agent system will be a "blind bidding" process for each individual league (Free Agent Acquisition Bidding or FAAB), but will be held ONLY 3 TIMES DURING THE SEASON. FAAB will run before Week 2, before Week 6 and before Week 9. Each team will start with a $1,000 FAAB budget, and will be permitted to bid for free agents three times per year. No team will be informed of any other team's free agent bids before they’re announced and only the winning bid and the runner-up bid will be announced afterwards to NFFC owners. The team with the highest bid on any given player will be awarded that player. The amount of the winning bid will be deducted from the winning team's free agent dollars. For each winning bid, the winning team must drop a player to make roster room for the free agent acquisition. If a team's free agent dollars goes to zero, that team will no longer be allowed to bid for the rest of the season. No bid will be accepted that is larger than a team's free agent dollars. All bids must be in increments of dollars (no cents).

So my 2 questions....

1) Is the bidding deadline before weeks 2, 6, and 9 ONLY on FRIDAYS? (I believe it was)

2) Is it at 10:00 PM EDT like all other events? (assuming it is, but just want to make sure)

Sorry for the delayed responses guys, but we're both out in Las Vegas finalizing plans with the Bellagio and online. Here we go:

1. Yes, before Weeks 2, 6 and 9 ONLY on Fridays.

2. Same as all other events.

Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks Greg, is the question in my post also a Yes? - players in Thursday game can be moved in or out of lineup after the game is played? Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Jim Wiseheart wrote:Thanks Greg, is the question in my post also a Yes? - players in Thursday game can be moved in or out of lineup after the game is played? Thanks.
Yes.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Another question to make this fool proof please...

Even though there are only 3 FA periods, we may accumulate as many players as we choose, as long as our FA dollars allow it, correct?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Diesel wrote:Another question to make this fool proof please...

Even though there are only 3 FA periods, we may accumulate as many players as we choose, as long as our FA dollars allow it, correct?
Correct.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:06 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:Just trying to get all my "ducks in a row" for FAAB this year. Here is what the official rules state.....

So my 2 questions....

Sorry for the delayed responses guys, but we're both out in Las Vegas finalizing plans with the Bellagio and online. Here we go:

1. Yes, before Weeks 2, 6 and 9 ONLY on Fridays.

2. Same as all other events.

Thanks.
Thanks Greg!