Flacco or Luck

GaryPowell

Flacco or Luck

Post by GaryPowell » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:30 am

Should I start Flacco or Luck Week 1?? Thoughts anybody. :?: :?:

Money

Re: Flacco or Luck

Post by Money » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:41 am

GaryPowell wrote:Should I start Flacco or Luck Week 1?? Thoughts anybody. :?: :?:
If this is "All Play" week in that league I'd opt for the sure thing. I think Flacco was worth 26 or so. I guess it depends on where you think the ceiling is vs his (Lucks) floor. Interesting call.
Joe

GaryPowell

Post by GaryPowell » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:57 am

Its Online Championship so starting lineups don't have to be in until Sunday before kickoff. It's tough call was just curious other's thoughts.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:18 am

I always use my gut and shoot for the moon. Luck is going to eat up the Raiders. I could easily see 350 and 4 tds. Luck all the way!!

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:11 am

I guess many of us that took Flacco as a backup have this same decision. I have Romo or Flacco to flip a coin on. My brain is trying to tell me that 26.1 points is "good" enough. My gut is telling me Romo can and probably will finally go off against a depleated Giants secondary. I just flipped Flacco back to my bench and started Romo. No telling how many times I will switch that up until 1:00 Sunday.

Pete

GaryPowell

Post by GaryPowell » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Yea its a tough choice. I think Luck will destroy the Raiders but if it's a blowout then the Colts run a lot? T :? hat's what makes it so tough. I think I will be back and forth on this until Sunday also. :?

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Take the points.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:00 am

Similar to this Flacco/Luck "money in the bank" vs. "shoot for the stars" decision, we had Marlon Brown's 16.5 on our Classic and Primetime benches Thurs. In Primetime, with Josh Gordon suspended, it's easy to slide Brown in for a lesser WR3 (Gibson/Broyles).

But in our Classic, our decision is tougher. Torrey already scored 13.2, and our other 2 WR considerations are Kenbrell and Michael Floyd. Do we take the guaranteed 13.2 from Torrey (along with Brown's 16.5) and sit Floyd til we see what he does? Or do we figure that Floyd's floor is probably 8-10 points, so go ahead and risk losing Torrey's 3-5 point potential advantage for the chance that Floyd handily beats Torrey's 13.2? Another factor in this is that we already have Peyton's 64.9 points in the bank, so do we need to aim for upside this early in the season or minimize the risk of Floyd laying an egg and just take Torrey's 13.2? :?

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:42 am

Sandman62 wrote:Similar to this Flacco/Luck "money in the bank" vs. "shoot for the stars" decision, we had Marlon Brown's 16.5 on our Classic and Primetime benches Thurs. In Primetime, with Josh Gordon suspended, it's easy to slide Brown in for a lesser WR3 (Gibson/Broyles).

But in our Classic, our decision is tougher. Torrey already scored 13.2, and our other 2 WR considerations are Kenbrell and Michael Floyd. Do we take the guaranteed 13.2 from Torrey (along with Brown's 16.5) and sit Floyd til we see what he does? Or do we figure that Floyd's floor is probably 8-10 points, so go ahead and risk losing Torrey's 3-5 point potential advantage for the chance that Floyd handily beats Torrey's 13.2? Another factor in this is that we already have Peyton's 64.9 points in the bank, so do we need to aim for upside this early in the season or minimize the risk of Floyd laying an egg and just take Torrey's 13.2? :?
I'm surprised you would even consider starting Michael Floyd.

afv

Post by afv » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:58 am

Sandman62 wrote:Similar to this Flacco/Luck "money in the bank" vs. "shoot for the stars" decision, we had Marlon Brown's 16.5 on our Classic and Primetime benches Thurs. In Primetime, with Josh Gordon suspended, it's easy to slide Brown in for a lesser WR3 (Gibson/Broyles).

Same decision. Torrey vs Floyd or G Tate. I'm leaning toward the 13.2.