Amendola lasted 28 minutes

Ry's Guys

Amendola lasted 28 minutes

Post by Ry's Guys » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Surprise surprise...China Doll pulled up lame already.

Also Reggie Bush looked to injure his knee cutting.
So begins another year in the NFL!
Pat Sorge

David U Kennedy

Re: Amendola lasted 28 minutes

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Glad I didn't draft Brady or any Pats this year. Buffalos secondary was pretty shorthanded and held Brady pretty nice. Handsome Tommy is going to take a big fall in stats this year. Thompkins way over-rated. Amendola wont stay healthy. When Gronk comes back how long will he last? Maybe Vereen is the lone guy worth his ADP.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Anyone who thought Amendola could replace Wes Welker was sadly mistaken.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:27 pm

KenGill wrote:Anyone who thought Amendola could replace Wes Welker was sadly mistaken.
This makes zero sense. Had 10 receptions for 104 yards in his first game ever with the team -- made two or three huge catches, one amazing third down catch that extended the drive on the game winning FG. The guy is more of a complete WR than Welker is as he can stretch the field better -- if he can manage to stay on the field for 14-15 games he'll easily have 100+ catches.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:53 am

It makes a lot of sense. We've played one game. If Amendola stays healthy for the season I will reconsider my opinion.
Welker is going to the hall of fame. Amendola -- don't think so.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

TR

Post by TR » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:15 am

KenGill wrote:It makes a lot of sense. We've played one game. If Amendola stays healthy for the season I will reconsider my opinion.
Neither is going to the hall of fame

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:26 pm

TR wrote:
KenGill wrote:It makes a lot of sense. We've played one game. If Amendola stays healthy for the season I will reconsider my opinion.
Neither is going to the hall of fame
I am not a Welker fan at all but even I admit, once all is said and done, he will be in the hall of fame. I saw a stat where he has more receptions than 18 of the 22 receivers in the hall of fame and a few more years of production, he will have more yards than most of them too. Granted he hasn't won a super bowl yet, WRs aren't judged for super bowl rings. I think he is a lock.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Part of being Great is staying on the field. Which is what Welker can do and Amendola can not. Welker's average season is much much better than Amendola's best season. It really isn't even a close comparison. Amendola will be a good replacement for however long he lasts. His Groin will be a problem this year.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:00 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:Part of being Great is staying on the field. Which is what Welker can do and Amendola can not. Welker's average season is much much better than Amendola's best season. It really isn't even a close comparison. Amendola will be a good replacement for however long he lasts. His Groin will be a problem this year.
I agree part of being great is staying healthy which is why Amendola will need to stay healthy... but it's incredibly unfair to say "Welker's average season is much much better than Amendola's best season" when Amendola hasn't had the chance to play with Brady yet. Assuming Amendola can stay healthy (admittedly a real big assumption), its seems like Amendola's average season won't be much different than Welker's average season.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Good Point but if Brady had his way he would take Welker any day over Amendola.