Vegas

Money

Vegas

Post by Money » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:22 pm

I only got to attend for one day this year in Vegas and it was for the final events on Saturday. It was an interesting 8 hours or so that I thoroughly enjoyed. The conversations and draft flow were dominated by the 'Thursday night game. I got sucked in and took Manning in one league with the third pick. I didn't really care for having to handicap that game into the thought process.

As usual the accommodations and facilities were first rate. There was plenty of food and drinks all night long. I drafted a Primetime at 2 and the Ultimate at 6. The first draft was a great group of guys and was completed in 1:45. Everyone hung around after, eating and talking football, it really was fun. I then took a break and went and watched the start of the Michigan/ND game.

I moved on to the Ultimate. There was a crew there filming and someone came up with the bright idea to put a mike on me during the draft. For those that know me, by the time this draft rolled around I was about 10 beers into it, which should come as no surprise. The draft was a lot of fun as I had the one and only, Mr. Cocktails and Dreams, drafting next to me. I had a great time but left hating my team. I left wishing that I could have my Primetime team in the Ultimate. This also was a great group of guys who were for the most part very serious. I on the other hand am anything but. This draft was marred by a communication problem with Finland that I won't go into. The ruling that ensued was wrong but it was done for expedience and with the best of intentions.

In both of these drafts our facilitator was Brady who adds humor, wit and just overall fun to the live draft experience. Thank you Brady, you were just great. I got to hang out and talk with a few of the best fantasy minds around including Chad, Sack, KJ, Shawn Childs, Matt Shephard and a number of others. I also got to spend the day with a great friend of mine Scott Tomko. He is my voice of reason. I just wish I would've listened when he told me not to take Manning. Thanks for taking the time Everyone.

Greg & Tom you guys put on a first class event and continue to make this experience better and better. Thank you very much for your commitment to this game and this group of people. SIMPLY THE BEST!!
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Vegas

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:33 am

Thanks Joe and THANKS to everyone who participated in our live events at the Bellagio. The hotel treats us like their best clients every time we come here and it makes our jobs easier. They tried to keep up with you Joe on the Bud Lights, but they ran out and on a Saturday night couldn't get to the warehouse quick enough to keep up with you!! :lol: We'll be better prepared next time.

I think for the most part everything went smoothly these last two weeks. We really do try to make it a worthy experience to draft live because drafting live is where it's at. We love the growth of the online games, but c'mon, sitting next to Chad or King of Queens or Sack or anyone else and just talking football afterwards is a treat we all want. We love drafting against like-minded fantasy football fanatics and sitting there afterwards and discussing the game is even better. We'll continue to stay at the Bellagio and do our best to grow the live events going forward.

Again, THANK YOU EVERYONE. You made our jobs easier these last two weeks. And THANKS to the entire STATS staff here in Las Vegas, New York and Chicago, and back at the offices in Chicago. Everyone gave 120 percent and hopefully all you folks had to worry about was your first round picks and then every other pick after that.

See ya next year!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ChiTwn

Re: Vegas

Post by ChiTwn » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote: I think for the most part everything went smoothly these last two weeks. We really do try to make it a worthy experience to draft live because drafting live is where it's at.
Is there any way next year in the bigger ballrooms to have some kind of dividers between each league's draft tables? I am sure there is a pretty simple solution.

Sometimes other drafts would go on break, and I basically couldn't hear the drafters or the host. The background noise was made it difficult to concentrate.