I Think the talk about L.T can stop now..

Mankind

Post by Mankind » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:11 pm

8 rushes inside the 5 yard line with 6 rushes inside the 2 yard line comes with NADA as usual. Please let's not hear about him having the flu, bad offensive line, thre is no tread left on those tires... RIP

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:16 pm

Originally posted by Mankind:
8 rushes inside the 5 yard line with 6 rushes inside the 2 yard line comes with NADA as usual. Please let's not hear about him having the flu, bad offensive line, thre is no tread left on those tires... RIP O-Lineman not reporting, you forgot about that one.

renman

Post by renman » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:46 pm

8 rushes inside the 5 yard line with 6 rushes inside the 2 yard line comes with NADA as usual. Please let's not hear about him having the flu, bad offensive line, thre is no tread left on those tires... RIP Mankind,

Can you list for me 10 RB's you would rather have on your fantasy team for the remainder of THIS season more than LT?

You will struggle to name ten... and if you can, several can easily be debated.

I know it is chic to bash LT because he was an immortal RB and of late has produced average numbers. I know the typical fan mindset leads to people needing to lash out at players like this and knock them repeatedly...

LT ran well last week.. He ran well at times today. He will have his moments as the season goes on. I watched those plays on the goaline and feel confident that very few RB's in the league would have scores on many, if any of those plays.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:52 pm

since its open for discussion, i think i'd prefer rice, all day, slaton, c. johnson, addai, turner, s. jackson, benson, barber, turner, grant, mendenhall, forte, moreno, lynch, westbrook, p. thomas, r. brown, jones drew, gore, williams.

That's 21 for me!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Renman,

As an LT owner, I will name some HANDS DOWN (in no particular order).....

1-Adrian Peterson
2-Michael Turner
3-DeAngelo Williams
4-Brandon Jacobs
5-Thomas Jones
6-Ronnie Brown
7-Steven Jackson
8-Steve Slaton
9-Joseph Addai
10-Chris Johnson
11-Cedric Benson
12-Maurice Jones-Drew
13-Ray Rice
14-Frank Gore

There is 14. :D

[ October 25, 2009, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:02 pm

8 rushes inside the 5 yard line with 6 rushes inside the 2 yard line comes with NADA as usual. Please let's not hear about him having the flu, bad offensive line, thre is no tread left on those tires... RIP If you say so!

"Got to dance with the one who brung you"

We'll see how that plays out.

Sproles isn't his replacement...so we'll see who SD drafts/trades for...but to say next draft, LT lasts until the 5th round or later is no longer taboo. He's a bit fat and plenty slow.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Mankind

Post by Mankind » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:18 pm

Renman,

Mankind

Post by Mankind » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:19 pm

Renman,
1.-Adrian Peterson
2-Michael Turner
3-DeAngelo Williams
4-Brandon Jacobs
5-Thomas Jones
6-Ronnie Brown
7-Steven Jackson
8-Steve Slaton
9-Joseph Addai
10-Chris Johnson
11-Cedric Benson
12-Maurice Jones-Drew
13-Ray Rice
14-Frank Gore
I'll just cut and paste and you can add at least (5) more. Oh wait I forgot, L.T. showed great burst also...

renman

Post by renman » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:21 pm

I knew my making the comment about ten RB's one would rather have would spark people to talk about it.

Chrisibl,

I agree with some on your list.

However, Westbrook, Pierre Thomas, Barber, Lynch, Forte, Mendenhall, Moreno are laughable... Turner is on your list twice.

Addai is only debateable because Brown may be hurt. Grant is also debateable. If you are serious about this list please invite me into a league that we can make trades in. ;)

Billywaz,

At least your list is reasonable. I would not agree with Addai (who I own)or Slaton. Rice (who I also own) is debateable given that going forward I still expect McGahee to be in the mix and used on the goaline. Gore is debateable too.

However, if 14 is your number it only supports my viewpoint that LT is not "done" as some gleefully like to talk about (as evidenced by this thread even being started).

lets look at this topic from the realm of reality.

-He was running well in week one before having his leg/ankle rolled up on.

-The Chargers had massive injuries on the offensive line.

-During the 3 games LT missed Sproles did zero as an RB averaging close to 2 yards per rush.

-Tomlinson barely played in the Steeler game. He ran well last week vs one of the top defenses in the league this year. He ran well today, lost 3 full possessions on defensive scores or big plays, had a TD called back on a penalty, and had as bad a sequence of blocking as you will ever see on some goaline plays.

I stand by my opinion that he will be productive enough to help many a fantasy team from weeks 6-16. But do wonder why people get such a rush dumping on the guy.

Did LT do something to a few posters here? Did he key someones car? Did he knock up someones sister? lol The "I hate LT and LT sucks, and I hope LT gets released!" stuff baffles me.

Mankind

Post by Mankind » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Nope L.T. is a HOF and one of the reasons we now have 3RR..but you must admit watching Norv giving L.T. the rock 4 straight times inside the 2 yard line and not gaining an inch was brutal to watch. While Sproles takes it to the house a few series later. L.T. is maybe a FLEX player with bye week issues..Renman not starting a hating thread but your above post is just filled with excuses for L.T. instead of just facing the plain facts that he is a medicore back now. Good Luck with L.T. the rest of the way....