Bounce-back Candidates

drago

Bounce-back Candidates

Post by drago » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Who is most likely to still have a big season from the following list and who do you think just won't show up this year? Not going to bother putting a guy like Calvin on there as we all know he's going to be a beast for much of the season.

MJD...think a change of QB will be just the thing he needs. Gabbert is comically bad. Why do NFL coaches put that guy out there as a starter? It's asinine.

Stevan Ridley...think if Bolden gets healthy, and he fumbles again as he almost did on the last drive, it could be over for him.

Roddy White...does the injury keep him down. I hate hamstring injuries or high-ankle sprains early in the year.

Amendola...who is surprised?

Lamar Miller...he will come back I believe

David Wilson...who the hell knows?

TY Hilton...does Ballard's injury help HIlton? I think it does.

Just a few of the players that started off rough. History says a few will continue to underperfrom. Wonder which ones it will be.

dabird777

Re: Bounce-back Candidates

Post by dabird777 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Dwayne Allen's injured hip means a lot more to TY's production than Ballard's did. Colts go 3-wide instead of 2 TE sets now.

And, I guess you're trying to be kind to Spiller by not including him. Come Sunday 4 P.M., when Carolina does to him what they did to Lynch, sign him up for Bust of the Year award.

If he can't run against a suspect Pats D-line, in Buffalo, we're looking at monumental bust status. Buffalo plays the AFC North this year. Ray Rice and Trent may have some success doing that, but we all know they'd be even better in other divisions. Not to mention, Miami shut down Trent. The Jets shut down Ridley. No room for mediocre RB's in that division either.

FML for drafting him so much. :twisted:

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:13 am

dabird777 wrote:Dwayne Allen's injured hip means a lot more to TY's production than Ballard's did. Colts go 3-wide instead of 2 TE sets now.

And, I guess you're trying to be kind to Spiller by not including him. Come Sunday 4 P.M., when Carolina does to him what they did to Lynch, sign him up for Bust of the Year award.

If he can't run against a suspect Pats D-line, in Buffalo, we're looking at monumental bust status. Buffalo plays the AFC North this year. Ray Rice and Trent may have some success doing that, but we all know they'd be even better in other divisions. Not to mention, Miami shut down Trent. The Jets shut down Ridley. No room for mediocre RB's in that division either.

FML for drafting him so much. :twisted:
Spiller bust of the year?? NE has a suspect D-Line?? First of all the Pats have a very talented and very tough to run against front 7. Only thing I can agree with is the Panthers may contain Spiller this week. The Carolina defense is very tough against the run. If they do stop Spiller it doesn't make him the Bust of the Year. Slow start OK I would give you that. Spiller is a major talent and a lock for top ten status barring an injury. I love the OVER-REACTION'S of week one. Spiller is a beast!!

Bounce Back guys: C. Givens- Patrick Peterson will tend to make WRs look bad. Tavon isn't the best Ram receiver.

Cam Newton- Schedule gets better and Seattle DEfense is pretty good.

IVory- how long do the Jets pimp Powell for. I don't think he can play.

G. Bernard- It might take a few more weeks but he will take over for BJG

Guys who will suck: T. Brady- no way he lives up to his ADP. He will probably get better with Gronk and Amendola getting healthy but by the time that happens your fantasy team is outta the race.

Jennings- Ponder Sucks!!!

R. Mathews- did he break something yet??

M. Vick- See above. not that he needs to bounce back. good week one

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:47 am

Well, David, one thing is for sure. No one expected the 22-17 touch split between Spiller and Fred Jackson. Though Marrone did say he'd play the guy who was more productive.

Maybe I was being melodramatic (that never happens btw ;)) but I think Spiller may turn out to be a CJ?K this year. Good numbers-----for a mid-late 2nd-early 3rd round RB, but nothing like a Charles or Shady. That, sir, is a bust, when his ADP is 5.

As for your Rams WR breakdown-----I agree with you. Tavon isn't their best WR. But he will see considerably more targets this season than Givens. Tavon is the slot guy that good NFL QB's know how to find early and often each week. Though, I still hesitate to put Bradford in the "good QB" category.

It's like in Arizona. Andre Roberts will see equal, if not greater targets than Fitz this year. Granted, Larry will do a lot more with those targets, befitting the future Canton inductee he'll be. But guys like Roberts and Tavon can win you week(s) in your PPR league. While a guy like Givens can kill you.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:46 am

Spiller had over 1700 yards last year with limited carries and in a bad offense. I expected a lot of Fred Jackson this year being a Bills fan. Spiller don't need a ton of touches to be relevant. The QB, receivers and look of the offense are much improved. It might take a couple of weeks to really get going for Manuel and company. Lets revisit this mid season when Spiller is leading the league in yards. Patriots talked all week about taking Spiller away and did that. FREDDY'S NOT DEAD!! Love how Jackson plays. Spiller should get about 20 touches per game.

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:24 am

David U Kennedy wrote:Spiller had over 1700 yards last year with limited carries and in a bad offense. I expected a lot of Fred Jackson this year being a Bills fan. Spiller don't need a ton of touches to be relevant. The QB, receivers and look of the offense are much improved. It might take a couple of weeks to really get going for Manuel and company. Lets revisit this mid season when Spiller is leading the league in yards. Patriots talked all week about taking Spiller away and did that. FREDDY'S NOT DEAD!! Love how Jackson plays. Spiller should get about 20 touches per game.
That's fair, I suppose. Come mid-season, everyone can line up and tell me "Mike, we should've known." "You were right about Spiller being a bust all along." "Next year, we won't question you about your Week 1 trend spotting." ;)

Though, I know people will. Optimists. Can't stand 'em. :lol: