cutline faab

BLACKHAND

cutline faab

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:33 pm

don't know about others but the cutline leagues i am in were all over the place as far as bids. one league i picked up pettis for 170 and others he went for 800+. one league i am in someone picked up charles clay for 1,000 and has jimmy graham in his lineup. keenan allen went for 300 in one league and 998 in another with the next highest bid at 996. some strange stuff.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Ry's Guys

Re: cutline faab

Post by Ry's Guys » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:06 am

Frankie, I agree 100%! I put modest to heavy bids in on all three of my cutlines and I didn't get one single free agent! It's fun to see what guys like Pettis are going for (800+). Thankfully I have fairly deep squads (as I'm sure everyone does) and Pettis isn't gonna make a difference. I do enjoy having only 3 FAAB periods, makes it fun and exciting! Good luck Frankie!!!
Pat Sorge

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:37 am

We'll post these as soon as we get the complete list. I'm sure there are some interesting bids, but it makes sense with only 3 FAAB periods. Look for the lists this week.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:48 am

Just a heads up for all NFFC Cutline Championship owners: If you picked up a free agent on Friday via FAAB and you cut a player from Thursday's game to do that then this new free agent isn't showing under your Set Lineup list. Instead, he's under your Week 7 roster. He's not eligible to start in Week 6 since you cut a player who already played this week. I'm getting a few players who can't find their new free agent pickups, but they are there under next week's options.

Good luck all and thanks for competing. We're now getting to the fun part of the season.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 am

The Cutline FAAB pickups were included in the link below

http://nffcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12449
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:20 am

I put $800 or so on McGahee and across the board went very heavy with my bids.

Why? Because we already have 30 man rosters, and there's only one more free agency period left. To me it made no sense to bid $100-200 on players considering there's only one FAAB period left and rosters were already so deep. I'd rather blow my entire FAAB on getting a sure starting RB in this format.

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Coach JP wrote:I put $800 or so on McGahee and across the board went very heavy with my bids.

Why? Because we already have 30 man rosters, and there's only one more free agency period left. To me it made no sense to bid $100-200 on players considering there's only one FAAB period left and rosters were already so deep. I'd rather blow my entire FAAB on getting a sure starting RB in this format.
Exactly. Danny Woodhead was a nice early Xmas present, who would only be possible in this format.

All personal bids have different scenarios/circumstances & hard to quibble when our rosters are sooo deep and we only have one shopping day left. So when I see $1k on Harry Douglas, or $800+ on KC, it looks extreme on surface, but you can make more sense of it than in the other formats.