Injuries

King of Queens

Injuries

Post by King of Queens » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 am

:evil:

Coach JP

Re: Injuries

Post by Coach JP » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:46 am

Really turns the game upside down and makes it a coinflip every time.

Played a guy in the primetime this week who didn't start a kicker(?), wound up losing by 4 when I lost Arian Foster and Sam Bradford. Probably the worst loss of my career :shock:

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 am

The injuries that frustrate me the most are the ones that happen at the start of a game. Didn't hedge this week and started Cutler virtually everywhere I had him due to the matchup...UGH!

Think injuries are more serious and prevalent this year due to the rule changes. Guys are avoiding fines by tackling low and its making wr/te so much more susceptible to these lower leg blowouts. Law of unintended consequences in this all about concussion age we are in imo.

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Rog

Post by Rog » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:09 am

Was 2nd in my primetime in points and record, Just put up an impressive 69 pt due to injury or ineffectivness. There is no way to recover from that this far into the season. NOW I AM DONE

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:16 am

Coach JP wrote:Really turns the game upside down and makes it a coinflip every time.

Played a guy in the primetime this week who didn't start a kicker(?), wound up losing by 4 when I lost Arian Foster and Sam Bradford. Probably the worst loss of my career :shock:
Yeah - Sorry JP - We simply did not want to take the chance of losing Garret Hartley next week to Free Agency - We also knew with RG3 and Jamaal leading the way, and the fact your team had Brees on a BYE, that going in down a man would be the fair, and sportsmanlike thing to do.....

It was great to see Welker make the backhanded circus 3rd and 17 catch at the end of the game to put us over the top -

And of course we are not even THINKING about the fact the extra points a kicker (pffffft) - would have provided would have put us solidly in the top ten over all - Nope - that notion does NOT eat at me like a bad lunch.....

Maybe next week we'll sit our starting TE - You know.... just to keep it fair.....

Sorry man - I feel ya

W
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:21 am

:lol: So true Will -- thanks for making it fair without Brees!

End of day probably my own fault -- knew I was playing with fire taking Foster but in round 2 couldn't pass up.

On the bright side for both of us, now we have Chad in the top 40 as well -- going to be a fun rest of season!

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:25 am

Yes it is - When you grabbed Foster in round two my brother and I looked at each other and said..... There he is.... that's the team to beat - Crazy crazy year -

Thankfully the Bradford thing wont affect you at all -

Good luck the rest of that way -

BTW - Ironically, I posted about starting a team without a kicker a few minutes before your post -

Like I said- Crazy year -

W
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 am

BONGIZMO wrote:Think injuries are more serious and prevalent this year due to the rule changes. Guys are avoiding fines by tackling low and its making wr/te so much more susceptible to these lower leg blowouts. Law of unintended consequences in this all about concussion age we are in imo.

Scott
No doubt about it. The number of leg injuries are crazy this year and if you're going to get fined for hitting high then you have to hit low. The number of major injuries yesterday to top players was just unbelievable.

It's Last Man Standing in fantasy football and the NFL this year. Crazy.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 am

Rog wrote:Was 2nd in my primetime in points and record, Just put up an impressive 69 pt due to injury or ineffectivness. There is no way to recover from that this far into the season. NOW I AM DONE
Rog, ABSOLUTELY you can recover from one bad week. You can still get into the playoffs and that is all that matters.. Anyone could win the overall, at that point. I don't think I need to tell you to stay positive, my friend.... :D

particra

Post by particra » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:10 am

Now have a team with Martin, Finley, Wayne, Vereen, Randall Cobb, Roddy White. Sweet.