Seattle soon to be SB Champs

David U Kennedy

Seattle soon to be SB Champs

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Does anyone think Seattle can be beat this year? Denver, SF, Cincy, GB, or Carolina? A healthy Harvin could be a force for them. I think I will contact my local bookie and make a bet now!! They have to be clear favorites.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Seattle soon to be SB Champs

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:39 am

David U Kennedy wrote:Does anyone think Seattle can be beat this year? Denver, SF, Cincy, GB, or Carolina? A healthy Harvin could be a force for them. I think I will contact my local bookie and make a bet now!! They have to be clear favorites.
In this crazy NFL season, I don't think anything can be taken for granted. No doubt, that is an AWESOME team that seems to have all facets of the game covered: Dominating offense, dominating defense, solid special teams. If they stay healthy, it will be tough to go up to Seattle and win with that home field advantage.

I'm finding the NFC playoffs to be extremely interesting. Think about it, New Orleans or Carolina could be the No. 6 Wild Card seed and nobody wants to play either of those teams. San Francisco could be the No. 5 Wild Card seed and would likely be favored at the NFC East champion's home field. Heck, New Orleans or Carolina could be favored at the home of the NFC North champion, right? How wild would that be to have both Wild Card teams favored on the road? Then it gets interesting in the semi-final round and the NFC Championship Game.

Nothing is a given this year and we've seen No. 6 seeds go on and win the Super Bowl. As crazy as it sounds with Seattle being so good this year, it could happen again this year with a No. 6 seed. Anything is possible during this crazy season.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:59 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:Does anyone think Seattle can be beat this year? Denver, SF, Cincy, GB, or Carolina? A healthy Harvin could be a force for them. I think I will contact my local bookie and make a bet now!! They have to be clear favorites.
In this crazy NFL season, I don't think anything can be taken for granted. No doubt, that is an AWESOME team that seems to have all facets of the game covered: Dominating offense, dominating defense, solid special teams. If they stay healthy, it will be tough to go up to Seattle and win with that home field advantage.

I'm finding the NFC playoffs to be extremely interesting. Think about it, New Orleans or Carolina could be the No. 6 Wild Card seed and nobody wants to play either of those teams. San Francisco could be the No. 5 Wild Card seed and would likely be favored at the NFC East champion's home field. Heck, New Orleans or Carolina could be favored at the home of the NFC North champion, right? How wild would that be to have both Wild Card teams favored on the road? Then it gets interesting in the semi-final round and the NFC Championship Game.

Nothing is a given this year and we've seen No. 6 seeds go on and win the Super Bowl. As crazy as it sounds with Seattle being so good this year, it could happen again this year with a No. 6 seed. Anything is possible during this crazy season.
Ahhhh, you're leaving out the Lions :shock:

With the dismantling of that green team from the north on Thanksgiving day they are the clear cut favorite to win this whole thing :D

GO LIONS!!!
Joe

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:27 am

If Seattle maintains the home field advantage going forward, the table is set for a trip to the SB. I give them a 50% chance to get to the SB. They will probably have to beat SF and/or Car to get there. It could be difficult to defeat both, home field advantage or not, but they can.

However, at a neutral SB site, the best and most efficient team will win. If NE or Den gets to the SB, who do you like? Brady/Belichick or Manning or Seattle? Personally, I like a healthy NE or Den.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:28 am

Russell Wilson has never lost at home. The No. 1 seed in the NFC is huge for the Seahawks. It's obviously huge for every team but if Seattle gets it, there may be nothing stopping them from the Super Bowl.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:47 am

BigBlueNation wrote:If Seattle maintains the home field advantage going forward, the table is set for a trip to the SB. I give them a 50% chance to get to the SB. They will probably have to beat SF and/or Car to get there. It could be difficult to defeat both, home field advantage or not, but they can.

However, at a neutral SB site, the best and most efficient team will win. If NE or Den gets to the SB, who do you like? Brady/Belichick or Manning or Seattle? Personally, I like a healthy NE or Den.
Remember that this neutral Super Bowl site could have plenty of snow and cold wind. That won't hurt Seattle because it has a power running game and a good run defense, but Manning and Brady have dealt with the cold before as well. This will be one of the most interesting neutral sites in Super Bowl history thanks to the outdoor conditions.

I agree that Seattle has the advantage in the NFC and 50% is about right. But you can't count anyone out in these wild playoffs and it will be interesting to see how Seattle handles the end of the regular season. If they have everything wrapped up by Week 15, do they rest players in Weeks 16 and 17?? We've seen how some teams come out flat after having too much time off and other teams just get on a roll starting with that Wild Card game and keep on going. I'm giving Seattle big props and a big advantage here, but I'm telling you this is a crazy, crazy year. Anything can happen here, even in the NFC.

That's why the NFFC Post-Season Contest is going to be so much fun. These No. 5 and No. 6 seeds could surprise because they are strong, strong Wild Card teams this year. Should be a fun ride in the post-season.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:46 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:If Seattle maintains the home field advantage going forward, the table is set for a trip to the SB. I give them a 50% chance to get to the SB. They will probably have to beat SF and/or Car to get there. It could be difficult to defeat both, home field advantage or not, but they can.

I don't think NE or Denver can handle the pass rush of Seattle. Brady don't have enough weapons this year. Somebody will get hurt by then Gronk and or Amendola. Denver's O-line isn't a strength. Wilson will make enough plays to beat them teams.