Any Predictions For Divisional Playoff Matchups?

Greg Ambrosius

Any Predictions For Divisional Playoff Matchups?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:47 pm

I thought last weekend's NFL Wild Card games were the best I can ever remember. Three teams trailed at halftime and still won. All four underdogs covered the spread. Two games decided on the last play of the game. One team rallying from a 28-point deficit. Amazing.

What can we expect this weekend from four more great matchups? You tell us.

I think the Niners are on a roll and will be tough to beat, especially if Steve Smith isn't full strength. The lack of another receiving option could bite the Panthers big time if Smith can't go. The Seahawks just look too good with the 12th Man behind them. Broncos won't let the Chargers win twice in their stadium and with Peyton having two weeks to look at tape, look out. This Pats-Colts game could be the best of them all, but the Colts' D is so bad that they will have to outscore Brady and that's tough to do. I think three home teams hold serve.

What do you predict for this weekend? Let's hear it. And good luck to everyone playing in the NFFC Post-Season contest this weekend. Get as many players through this weekend as possible and be ready for those nice 3x scoring totals next week.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

greenwichsttavern

Re: Any Predictions For Divisional Playoff Matchups?

Post by greenwichsttavern » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:48 pm

I see it pretty much the same way you do Greg with SF and the three home teams winning but there is usually an upset on this second weekend but I just can't see it. Seattle-SF and Manning vs Brady would be a great championship doubleheader next Sunday so hopefully thats what we get.

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Hey Greg
Love SF in a rout and think they will be in super bowl Peeking at right time. 27-13
Sea over Saints weather will hurt Brees Game will be won on Wilson's legs and Lynch 21-10
Den over SD 34-21
Probably one of the few that think Colts will win. They had a ton of quality wins this year. Think they will show some defense this week. Just love what I see out of Luck with few weapons. Think it will be all about the run in a rain filled game and low scoring 24-21 in this day and age 45 points is low scoring. Colts will play loose all the pressure is on Brady. Amendola not a factor Vereen nicked up no trust in anyone except Edelman. More of a running team now. Think Colts stay close to the wire and catch a break at end to win with field goal.
Next week Denver over Colts in shootout depending on weather SF over Sea in a war SF gets the ring Not a Niner fan just a fan of that defense and weapons they have. This from a die hard Cowboy fan Hate the coaches They need a Buddy Ryan type to get them to play tough. Just an opinion
Marty

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:38 pm

New Orleans defense is underrated and in my opinion, Seattle is overrated. Their offense is not good and if NO can take Lynch out of the game, they will win. Brees gets very little respect and he will turn the doubters into believers this week. My prediction is SF vs NO next week along with the expected Manning vs Brady matchup.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:16 pm

1) Saints won't lose by 10+, no matter what happened last month in a non-playoff game. (Last 2 playoff losses were by less than a TD.) At 9.5, I was on the fence. At 10, I like Saints. SEA 23-14.

2) Pats will prove Luck was Lucky last week to come back from big deficit and poor play. Pats will blanket Hilton and throw him around, leaving Indy with nothing else. Pats 28-17.

3) SF is the lock of the week. CAR just happy to be there and not ready to be in a conference championship. Will be close though. At -1, a little scary; at EVEN, I like SF. SF 24-20.

4) DEN/SD is probably the game to avoid this week. Can talk myself into either side of this, and there WILL be at least one big underdog winner this week. Pressure's all on Manning; Rivers is playing loose. Still think DEN covers 9, but wouldn't be shocked if they outright lose. I'm avoiding this one. Either DEN 31-21 or SD 31-30. :P

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Saints make a game of it, but lose by a score.

Colts/Pats - last team with the ball, WINS

Panthers do the unexpected and Win.

Broncos get revenge for earlier home loss.

From a betting standpoint, take the Saints +9, Colts +7, Panthers +1, Broncos -9....
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

TR

Post by TR » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:10 am

JETS SB wrote:New Orleans defense is underrated and in my opinion, Seattle is overrated. Their offense is not good and if NO can take Lynch out of the game, they will win. Brees gets very little respect and he will turn the doubters into believers this week. My prediction is SF vs NO next week along with the expected Manning vs Brady matchup.
Brees didnt turn me into a believer when he outside his dome in a big game ;)

TR

Post by TR » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:12 am

Jimmy Graham shut down in both playoff games...amazing what can happen when these keystone cop defensive coordinators make shutting him down focal pt of their game plan. Will see if teams like the Bucs wisen up next year with pieces they can use on him like Revis and Goldson...

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:04 am

BigBlueNation wrote:Colts/Pats - last team with the ball, WINS
You were right on this much Bill. :P

Last Drive:
NE: 1 play, -1 yards, 0:37 - End of Game
1st and 10 at NE 22:
T.Brady kneels to NE 21 for -1 yards.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Sandman62 wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:Colts/Pats - last team with the ball, WINS
You were right on this much Bill. :P

Last Drive:
NE: 1 play, -1 yards, 0:37 - End of Game
1st and 10 at NE 22:
T.Brady kneels to NE 21 for -1 yards.
Yeah, you had it right all along, Mike. I guess I believed a little too much in "Luck". That int TD right off the bat kinda set the tempo for NE for the whole game. Luck felt like he had to do it all himself to win, and he probably did, but this time it backfired.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"