Time For Nominations For NFFC Hall of Fame

Greg Ambrosius

Time For Nominations For NFFC Hall of Fame

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:36 pm

We just finished our 10th season in the NFFC and it's time to start recognizing the Best of the Best. We agreed to open an NFFC Hall of Fame in 2014 to honor the accomplishments of our very best players and we'll continue to add to the Hall in coming years. We seek your input in this and look to honor three or more worthy candidates in Las Vegas in September of 2014. Help us come up with the First Class of NFFC Inductees.

We have so many worthy candidates that this will be tough to pick, but as folks keep winning and keep succeeding their time will come as well. Not everyone will get in initially who may deserve it, but it's time to start this out and add each year. It's been an incredible 10-year run in the NFFC and it's tough to honor those who have excelled for many years and in many different formats.

With that being said, here's the text we'll add to the Hall of Fame link under Players when we unveil the new site. We had to start with some criteria and records, so we've added these names to start out. They aren't meant to just push these folks as candidates, but these accomplishments definitely deserve attention. Here's the text to the site:

Hall of Fame
The NFFC Hall of Fame will be open for business in 2014 now that we’ve completed 10 full seasons of competition. The criteria will be at least 5 years of service by any NFFC player in any of our contest forms. Criteria for consideration in the Hall of Fame will include:

• Excellence through time in the NFFC main events.
• Consistency through time in the NFFC main events.
• Winning titles in the NFFC.
• Winning prize money in the NFFC.
• Excellence in several NFFC formats; consistency in multiple formats.

NFFC Hall of Fame members will be selected by NFFC officials with input from current NFFC members during the year of induction. A minimum of three NFFC players will be inducted in 2014 before Draft Day and an online Hall of Fame will be established with their accomplishments.

Here is an early list of folks who have rare accomplishments in the NFFC:
• Only one owner has won a Classic League title during 5 of our 10 years: Jules McLean (2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013). Only one owner has won a total of 6 Classic League titles: Jared Danielsen (2009, 2012, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013). Also winning 4 Classic League titles since 2004 are: Stephen Jupinka (2005, 2011, 2011, 2012); Joseph Treffiletti (2005, 2007, 2010, 2011); Eddie Gillis (2004, 2008, 2011, 2013); and Matthew Bayley (2007, 2010, 2013, 2013).

• Tyson Siegele leads the way in the NFFC Primetime with 7 league titles, all of them coming over the last two seasons. Jared Danielsen follows with 6 Primetime league titles, while Chad Schroeder has 4 Primetime league titles and an Overall Primetime title. Chris Eibl has 3 Classic League titles and 3 Primetime league titles.

• Only two teams have won as many as FOUR Draft Champions league titles since 2004. The tag team of Mike Ferre and Darryl Lechniak won DC Classic league titles in 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2009, while also winning a Primetime DC League title in 2008. The tag team of Derek Anderson and Kyle Pope has also won four Classic Draft Champions League titles: in 2004, 2006 and two of them in 2007. Derek and Kyle also have won 3 Classic League titles and 2 Primetime league titles.

• Only Larry Schechter has won two NFFC Ultimate League titles: 2006 and 2009.

• Only Michael Edelman has won three NFFC Classic Auction League titles (2006, 2007, 2011).

• Nobody has won multiple national titles in the NFFC through our first 10 years. But Bill Strickler did win the NFFC Primetime in 2009 and he won our NFBC XII national championship in 2013. He’s our only multi-sport national champion and he did it both times in the 12-team format.

Feel free to post some of your nominations here or email me at [email protected]. It's our goal to not only honor the Best of the Best, but to put on a Hall of Fame worthy celebration in Las Vegas in September with many of you on hand to celebrate their accomplishments. Let the voting begin.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Re: Time For Nominations For NFFC Hall of Fame

Post by kjduke » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Seems so much clearer-cut in baseball, but no doubt a lot of worthy candidates above.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:34 pm

I nominate David U Kennedy for his prowess.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Ignoring the whole "luck vs. skill" debate, how do you reconcile this question?

by Don Draper » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:44 am
How does one measure “consistently good fantasy football results”? If an owner plays in 25 leagues a year, it stands to reason; they will be in the winner’s circle more often than an owner who only plays in 5 leagues a year.
http://nffcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.p ... 30#p179692

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Sandman62 wrote:Ignoring the whole "luck vs. skill" debate, how do you reconcile this question?

by Don Draper » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:44 am
How does one measure “consistently good fantasy football results”? If an owner plays in 25 leagues a year, it stands to reason; they will be in the winner’s circle more often than an owner who only plays in 5 leagues a year.
http://nffcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.p ... 30#p179692

Who profits the most is all that matters to me. I have a good idea who those people are and who I don't want in my leagues. Lists are great, but I don't care if I am on it. I care how much money I win or lose.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Who profits the most is all that matters to me.
But without knowing how much each player spends on entries, the general public can't calculate "profit" - especially over the past 10 years.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Sandman62 wrote:
But without knowing how much each player spends on entries, the general public can't calculate "profit" - especially over the past 10 years.
Yup, but I have a decent idea if who I think is profitable and I don't care to see in my leagues. It is a common theme for those not high on lists to assume people that are on them are not profitable because they have a lot of teams. Tyson for example. Does he have a better chance to win the primetime? Yes. Is he a great player that has a lot of confidence in his ability and plays a lot of them? Yes. He is profitable. So are most high on money lists etc. But I don't care about rankings or lists or hall of fames or anything else. I simply care about trying to be the best and trying to win the most money. And money is how I personally keep score, not world ranking lists, or gross money lists.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Sandman62 wrote:
I see where you are coming from about the multiple teams, and when one person gets credit for winning 3 championships in one season, but had say 9 teams, are they better than someone who had 1 team and won? Yes, someone like Chad plays in a lot of leagues, but he also kicks ass in a lot of them. Regardless of how many leagues he plays in, he definitely deserves to be on the "nomination list" IMO. People who only manage 2-3 teams per year (nothing wrong with that BTW), really don't have any idea the work that goes into managing 10-20 or more.

The 10 year thing is only a "milestone", as I thought the people who have had success over all 10 years would be the first to be recognized, but I was told that this isn't correct.

There are many more factors here than just the Classic and Primetime....Diamonds, Platinums, Supers, onlines, DC's, auctions, etc.

The profit factor is for the owners, but of course Greg and Tom are going to showcase the players who spend more $$$ with them, if they have success..... that just makes sense.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:It is a common theme for those not high on lists to assume people that are on them are not profitable because they have a lot of teams.
I'm sure this was just a general statement. But I, for one, do not assume this. I can read the overall standings and see. ;)

But when trying to compare great players from year to year, it'd be awfully tedious to go back through each year's standings lists to see how many leagues each player entered and how often they were successful. And even then, who is better - the player who won one overall title, but failed to cash in 30 other leagues or the one who never won a big one, but cashes (even wins) numerous other leagues, but is still far behind in gross earnings (and probably net too)??? :?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Sandman62 wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:It is a common theme for those not high on lists to assume people that are on them are not profitable because they have a lot of teams.
I can read the overall standings and see. ;)
What overall standings???

EDIT: I'm assuming you meant career earnings leaders.
Last edited by BillyWaz on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.