Main Event Live vs Online Competition Level

pjoner

Main Event Live vs Online Competition Level

Post by pjoner » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Just wanted to throw this one out and get some thoughts. In regards to the Classic and the Primetime, considering there is many more online leagues in comparison to live ones, is the playing field in the online leagues easier. Playing against easier opponents could be helpful in regards to placing higher in the overall standings. The drawback is that the live drafts are more fun and a better experience.

chriseibl

Re: Main Event Live vs Online Competition Level

Post by chriseibl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:43 pm

I'm someone who has strictly competed in live events so I may not have the experience of both to compare but I don't feel like there is a huge difference in the competition. There might be a few more rookies in the on-line leagues but there are also some top notch players who sign up for as many of those online leagues as they can. (That's not to imply being a rookie is a bad thing, any good fantasy player can easily jump into an NFFC league and be successful but obviously experience helps).

All I know is whatever small (if existent) difference in talent there is does not compare to the huge difference in the fun of the live events. The NFFC is great competition but even with the live events you usually leave with the feeling that a couple competitors in each league don't have much of a chance.

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:51 pm

I was going to say I don't think the live vs online makes much of a difference for the Classic or Primetime drafts. That said, looking at the names associated with the Primetime online teams in the top 25 overall it looks like a slight disadvantage to draft online. The guys who drafted live in the top 25 are also some of the best fantasy players out there. Some seriously great players year in and year out live and online. I would guess every online league will have 2-3 if not more great players in it whereas live maybe your table has 1-2, depending on luck of the draw. A lot of those names have already done 50+ if not close to 100 drafts by the time those drafts roll around too. What I have seen over my last 7-8 years in the NFFC is these guys are great drafters AND great on the waiver wire. Thats why they are aways on top. I certainly am not great at both but I keep on trying. :D I may not be very good at either come to think of it. But it is fun.

calsuer

Post by calsuer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:30 am

I went to WrestleMania 2 weeks ago. Drafting "live" is the WrestleMania of the NFFC. (Just my opinion).