Does Fanball own FFOC

Raiders

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Raiders » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:49 am

I was told 'Yes'. By someone who I think would know.

Thanks,

John

Glenneration X

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:16 pm

John, I also asked someone who would know and I was told that Fanball in fact did not own the FFOC. I guess someone was lying.

Hopefully it was your source.

Glenn

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:
I was told 'Yes'. By someone who I think would know.

Thanks,

John John, sorry I actually took a day off today after working every day for the last two months. If you emailed me this question today I never got it. Didn't get a phone call either.

I'm not sure if you know it or not, but I don't work on FFOC. I may have been sold to Fanball on Aug. 15th but I had NOTHING to do with FFOC or any other Fanball products. I work on NFBC, NFFC, NFBBC and some of the magazines.

Dave Gerczak asked this same question to Ryan last week and Ryan told him via email that Fanball doesn't own FFOC, they just run the back-end. Why would you think they own FFOC?

Again, I'm not the one to ask this question to, but I've told Dave what I know. I just know Stan and Len are looking at their options for 2010 and in mid March they began talking to Brian and the others at Fanball about their intentions in 2010. They've paid the cash prizes (I'm told there's $30,000 outstanding for various reasons) and the free entries will be honored I would assume when FFOC returns. But talk with Papa John's about that; I have enough of my own contests to worry about. Didn't the overall winner get his $300,000 in cash on the spot? I assume so, but I don't even know any of that. I wasn't in Las Vegas.

Maybe Ryan can provide more answers; heck, I'm speaking out of turn here anyways. I don't own any FFOC polo shirts or anything else. I can't even tell you how the game is played. Never looked at it. As most know, I was the bad guy in that affair in 2008 when I questioned why secondary overall prizes were changed.

I'll alert Ryan to the question being presented. He can provide more info than me, that's for sure.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:17 pm

With all that is going on with AFFL.com and Fantasy Jungle.com the last three years, I can understand the hysteria involving FFOC, but as I said to Dave I asked some questions at Fanball last week and the early reports of a million dollars being owed just wasn't true. The amount in free entries can be easily figured out and is a fraction of what Dave first suggested. The cash amount still owed as I was told was around $30,000, which is why I told Dave less than $40,000.

Again, I'm not involved with this product at all. I don't know anything more than what I asked last week to help Dave out because I saw the posts on the FFPC boards. Heck, I have my own battles to fight with the NFBC and NFFC, so the posts about Fanball and FFOC threw me off. I wanted to know as much as you did.

I think Stan and Len are talking with Fanball now about 2010. Let's see what comes out of it. Let them announce their plans.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Raiders

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Raiders » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:20 pm

Greg,

To be clear, it didn't come from you. I have only spoken well of you and Tom, as you know. To my regret only got 3 new players to sign up for your Contest in 2009. So again I have only spoken well of you and Tom as well as NFFC.

But again I was told 'Yes' Fanball owns FFOC.

Greg, I know you have been real busy with Baseball and have always gottn back to me.

But this is not about you nor Tom.

Thanks again,

John

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:
Greg,

To be clear, it didn't come from you. I have only spoken well of you and Tom, as you know. To my regret only got 3 new players to sign up for your Contest in 2009. So again I have only spoken well of you and Tom as well as NFFC.

Greg, I know you have been real busy with Baseball and have always gottn back to me.

Thanks again,

John John, you are spreading this on different boards and it's not true. Fanball ran the back-end last year. They did not guarantee the prize money. Did not choose the game format. Did not pay for all of the advertising. They ran the back-end.

Where did you hear that they own FFOC? That's Stan and Len. They own it and they called the shots last year and will decide what direction they are going this year.

I'll give you Ryan's contact info if you want to contact me tomorrow or Brian or anyone else at Fanball, but unless you know more than I know I think you're wrong on this one.

And I know how you feel about me and Tom. But I'm not sure where you're going with this one.

Raiders

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Raiders » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
Greg,

Thanks again,

John John, you are spreading this on different boards and it's not true. Fanball ran the back-end last year. They did not guarantee the prize money. Did not choose the game format. Did not pay for all of the advertising. They ran the back-end.

Where did you hear that they own FFOC? That's Stan and Len. They own it and they called the shots last year and will decide what direction they are going this year.

I'll give you Ryan's contact info if you want to contact me tomorrow or Brian or anyone else at Fanball, but unless you know more than I know I think you're wrong on this one.

And I know how you feel about me and Tom. But I'm not sure where you're going with this one.
[/QUOTE]Ryan told me at the NFFC draft, ask Tom he heard it as well.

Thanks,

John

Tom Kessenich

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:25 am

John, I'm not sure what comment you're referring to that I supposedly heard. As Greg said, Fanball has run the back end for the FFOC. That's what I know.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich