particra wrote:Jose Valverde?
I saw some bids in the $900 range {shrug}

Jim Christie

Re: Forsett

Post by Jim Christie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:21 pm

King of Queens wrote:
particra wrote:Jose Valverde?
I saw some bids in the $900 range {shrug}
It's F'ng Justin Forsett, I can see blowing half or close to all your budget :shock:

jdferenc

Post by jdferenc » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Got him in 2 leagues and have a lot of FAAB cash left. Some bozo bid $793 in another league. Good luck with that one...
Josh Ferenc
2005 NFFC Classic Champion
Free-Rolling In The NFFC For Life Baby!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:18 am

I see Forsett filling Ray Rice's role for the rest of the year. They don't have another good receiving back and Pierce is in the dog house for fumbling. His role is secure. Taliaferro may take Bernard's spot. Forsett has a good chance of finishing a top 20 RB!!!

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Why do people think a lifelong journeyman RB is going to breakout at 29 years old? I picked him up to pair him with Pierce in leagues that I had Pierce but why does everyone seem to think Pierce is done?

He's looked great all camp.

That was his first nfl fumble EVER.

He a perfect fit on the Raven rushing scheme.

Forsett deserves the start this week based on what he did last week. But why are people writing off Pierce? I stil think he has a 75% chance of leading the team in carries this year. Heck, in 358 career carries, Forsett has put the ball on the ground 5 times. We will see what happens but I'm not dismissing Bernard just yet.

Wayne

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Coltsfan wrote:Why do people think a lifelong journeyman RB is going to breakout at 29 years old? I picked him up to pair him with Pierce in leagues that I had Pierce but why does everyone seem to think Pierce is done?

He's looked great all camp.

That was his first nfl fumble EVER.

He a perfect fit on the Raven rushing scheme.

Forsett deserves the start this week based on what he did last week. But why are people writing off Pierce? I stil think he has a 75% chance of leading the team in carries this year. Heck, in 358 career carries, Forsett has put the ball on the ground 5 times. We will see what happens but I'm not dismissing Bernard just yet.

Wayne
It's a good point. Personally, I've always thought Forsett is more talented than he's been given credit for and has been underrated. Regardless of whether Pierce does take the job (as is expected), it would seem that Forsett has the pass-catching role locked up, which to me makes it very likely he can be a 10 point player catching 4 passes a game even in that scenario. If you went 4 wide, you're likely looking for that guy just to keep your running back spot afloat and avoid starting the Steven Jacksons and Stevan Ridleys of the world.

While I like Pierce's measurables, I'm not convinced he's as talented a runner as Forsett. I rarely see Pierce make guys miss or break off impressive runs. Of course, I didn't watch him at camp where all the rave reviews were coming over the past couple months.

I think the fact that it was Pierce's first fumble ever actually works against Pierce as it proves that the coaches didn't really have any desire to stick with him in the midst of even the slightest bit of adversity. I'm not dismissing Bernard either, but taking a chance on Forsett Week 1 is worth more to me because if he does work out, I have a decent player for the full season. A similar quality guy I pick up in Week 7 is only going to be worth half as much. Sometimes this approach works out (Brandon Lloyd in 2009), sometimes it doesn't (Willis McGahee in 2013), sometimes it looks like it's going to work out and then injury changes everything (Mark Clayton as the Rams #1 in 2010). I just think it's extra valuable to get a potential contributor early in the season rather than late. I blew my cash early on James Starks and Willis McGahee last year and it did nothing to prevent me from adding guys like Stacy and Cordarelle Patterson mid-season.

And hey, give Forsett a month before he turns 29 :) I'll send him a birthday card if he works out.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:12 pm

I agree with everything you said Chris. I was moreso referring to the posts earlier in the thread that alluding to Pierce being done. Taliaferro may take the Pierce role. Forsett could be top 20 I suppose and I'm not saying he isn't worth a shot. We just can't dismiss Pierce completely over a bad start to a game. I'm guessing they were sending him a message and Forsett came in and looked good so they rode him.