Cutline FAAB Thursday Players

Chi_Town_FEW

Cutline FAAB Thursday Players

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:37 am

Quick question about Thursday night players.

"players who played in the Thursday Night Game the night before can be added via FAAB, but they can’t be activated until the next week "

I thought the player would be on my roster but "locked" for this week. He was not added to my roster at all. Does the player get added to the roster on Monday?

Thanks,

Bob

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Cutline FAAB Thursday Players

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:09 am

Chi_Town_FEW wrote:Quick question about Thursday night players.

"players who played in the Thursday Night Game the night before can be added via FAAB, but they can’t be activated until the next week "

I thought the player would be on my roster but "locked" for this week. He was not added to my roster at all. Does the player get added to the roster on Monday?

Thanks,

Bob
Yes he does.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:48 am

What I don't understand is why the rules say you cannot cut a player that played on Thursday, yet it seems you can cut them but then the player you get is not allowed to be started. I won Oliver and dropped Grimes. He was not showing as a locked player, and it didn't even register to me that he played Thursday. He just registered to me as an easy drop. Then I was not allowed to play Oliver for some reason. If the rules say those guys are locked from dropping them, then why aren't they? Had he been locked, then I drop someone else obviously in my effort to get Oliver. He is more valuable than many guys on my team, but because the software allowed me to drop Grimes when the rules say it shouldn't, I was not allowed to play him and lost about 20 points. I am not quite understanding this.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:58 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:What I don't understand is why the rules say you cannot cut a player that played on Thursday, yet it seems you can cut them but then the player you get is not allowed to be started. I won Oliver and dropped Grimes. He was not showing as a locked player, and it didn't even register to me that he played Thursday. He just registered to me as an easy drop. Then I was not allowed to play Oliver for some reason. If the rules say those guys are locked from dropping them, then why aren't they? Had he been locked, then I drop someone else obviously in my effort to get Oliver. He is more valuable than many guys on my team, but because the software allowed me to drop Grimes when the rules say it shouldn't, I was not allowed to play him and lost about 20 points. I am not quite understanding this.
This is totally on us for not explaining this better everywhere possible and we'll make sure we do a better job of that before the third and final FAAB. We did not explain this well enough with the Thursday cuts and unfortunately several folks were affected this week with Oliver being inactive.

Yes, the software locks Thursday players in the cuts as well for that week. We will make sure everyone knows that for the next FAAB and see if we can address this for 2015. It's definitely not ideal for this contest and we certainly understand that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:36 am

Easy solution.... Cutline waivers should run Wednesdays, not Fridays. Then, no issues.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:44 am

i agree its much cleaner if cutline runs wednesday....friday makes thing muddy. If people have that expectation going into next year....its no problem.

philpo

Post by philpo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Is prior to week 9 the final faab for the season.

8. Free Agent Acquisitions
Any player who is not on a team roster within your league is considered a free agent for that league. The free agent system will be a "blind bidding" process for each individual league (Free Agent Acquisition Bidding or FAAB), but will be held ONLY 3 TIMES DURING THE SEASON. FAAB will run before Week 2, before Week 6 and before Week 9. Each team will start with a $1,000 FAAB budget, and will be permitted to bid for free agents three times per year. No team will be informed of any other team's free agent bids before they’re announced and only the winning bid and the runner-up bid will be announced afterwards to NFFC owners. The team with the highest bid on any given player will be awarded that player. The amount of the winning bid will be deducted from the winning team's free agent dollars. For each winning bid, the winning team must drop a player to make roster room for the free agent acquisition. If a team's free agent dollars goes to zero, that team will no longer be allowed to bid for the rest of the season. No bid will be accepted that is larger than a team's free agent dollars. All bids must be in increments of dollars (no cents). Free Agent bidding in the NFFC Cutline Championship continues through Week 10 within each league, even after the regular season is completed in Week 9.

9. The Draft

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:31 pm

philpo wrote:Is prior to week 9 the final faab for the season.

8. Free Agent Acquisitions
Any player who is not on a team roster within your league is considered a free agent for that league. The free agent system will be a "blind bidding" process for each individual league (Free Agent Acquisition Bidding or FAAB), but will be held ONLY 3 TIMES DURING THE SEASON. FAAB will run before Week 2, before Week 6 and before Week 9. Each team will start with a $1,000 FAAB budget, and will be permitted to bid for free agents three times per year. No team will be informed of any other team's free agent bids before they’re announced and only the winning bid and the runner-up bid will be announced afterwards to NFFC owners. The team with the highest bid on any given player will be awarded that player. The amount of the winning bid will be deducted from the winning team's free agent dollars. For each winning bid, the winning team must drop a player to make roster room for the free agent acquisition. If a team's free agent dollars goes to zero, that team will no longer be allowed to bid for the rest of the season. No bid will be accepted that is larger than a team's free agent dollars. All bids must be in increments of dollars (no cents). Free Agent bidding in the NFFC Cutline Championship continues through Week 10 within each league, even after the regular season is completed in Week 9.

9. The Draft
That last line should be deleted. There are no bids after Week 9. I'll get that deleted.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:10 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:What I don't understand is why the rules say you cannot cut a player that played on Thursday, yet it seems you can cut them but then the player you get is not allowed to be started. I won Oliver and dropped Grimes. He was not showing as a locked player, and it didn't even register to me that he played Thursday. He just registered to me as an easy drop. Then I was not allowed to play Oliver for some reason. If the rules say those guys are locked from dropping them, then why aren't they? Had he been locked, then I drop someone else obviously in my effort to get Oliver. He is more valuable than many guys on my team, but because the software allowed me to drop Grimes when the rules say it shouldn't, I was not allowed to play him and lost about 20 points. I am not quite understanding this.
This is totally on us for not explaining this better everywhere possible and we'll make sure we do a better job of that before the third and final FAAB. We did not explain this well enough with the Thursday cuts and unfortunately several folks were affected this week with Oliver being inactive.

Yes, the software locks Thursday players in the cuts as well for that week. We will make sure everyone knows that for the next FAAB and see if we can address this for 2015. It's definitely not ideal for this contest and we certainly understand that.
The rules say that Thursday players are locked. They weren't though. Why are rules being implemented that are not in the rules. That is the problem I have. In my case Grimes should have been locked. And while that would be kind of silly, and I would be pissed at the time I couldn't drop him, at least I would have Oliver since I obviously would have dropped someone else to get him. And if I couldn't use him, no way in hell would I bid that much. I have a problem when the written rules are not used. A big problem. What else are we supposed to go by?

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:21 am

Jersey Dawg wrote:Easy solution.... Cutline waivers should run Wednesdays, not Fridays. Then, no issues.
I have to agree. I know the whole issue was to keep them on a different day than the regular waivers, but you are already cutting back the work involved in the Cutlines by only having FAAB three times during the year; the issue with having different rules for different players just because they play on Thursday is a pain in the ass and it screwed a lot of people this week (luckily I was not one of them however).

It's not a perfect solution, but maybe if you want to keep them off the Wednesday night date, make them Tuesday night (anyone who has played Yahoo before is used to that deadline), or even Thursday at Noon.

But something has to change, you basically eliminate certain players for 6+ weeks just because they play on a random Thursday (PIT/BAL players were unable to be claimed Week 2, making them unable to be picked up until Week 6; and IND/HOU players were unable to be claimed Week 6, making them unusable Weeks 3-9; and in Week 9, any available Saints or Panthers are going to go unclaimed for the rest of the season because of the rules).