September Live Event Locations For NFFC

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:26 am

This NFL lockout is making it impossible to sign contracts with our venues in Las Vegas, New York and Chicago, but we're hopeful that our NFFC players can plan accordingly until those deals are done. We are definitely going to be in those three cities plus Online during Labor Day weekend, and as previously announced we will be in Las Vegas on Sept. 9-10 for the NFFC Diamond and Primetime Main Event.

In Las Vegas, we have everything in place to return to the Bellagio for both weekends. We have room blocks set aside already for our customers and convention space for both weekends. The Bellagio understands what we're up against with the lockout and is willing to work through that in our contract. They're great to work with. Room rates for NFFC owners are $159 on weekdays and $259 on weekends. You can stay anywhere you'd like, but these are the prices we have for what should be two very, busy and likely soldout weekends at the Bellagio.

We'll get more details on the Bellagio to you when we can. We are working on the final details now, but there's little doubt we will return there Sept. 1-10. Plan accordingly.

In New York, we have plans in place to return to Manhattan. We definitely won't be back to Citi Field for football as we learned a hard lesson there last year with the US Open in the same area. We have two potential venues in Manhattan that we're pursuing, one that is unique and very, very exciting. Give us some time to work those details out, but plan on city drafts Sept. 2-4. Tom is working on all of this now and with any luck we'll be able to announce our plans soon.

In Chicago, the lockout and a busy wedding season is affecting our venues there. We have had no luck in the Oakbrook area and as one hotel sales rep told me "Labor Day weekend is hotter for area weddings than anything in July or August," so we're dealing with availability issues. We do have space reserved at a nice Rosemont Hotel, but they are unlikely to hold that space much longer even though they understand our lockout issues. I can't blame that hotel and thus are plans are always changing. There is space at the Trackside Arlington Park again and we did have a very good experience there in baseball, so talks are still ongoing with them. As Rob can tell you, they certainly understood our needs in March and put on an entirely different event from what I heard was there last September. Either way, we are still working on some things in Chicago and hope to have final details soon.

The Main Events, Supers and Ultimates will be available Online and that software will be unveiled in a few more days. That will be tested and ready to go shortly, so no worries there. For the Supers and Ultimates, we'll have a phone hookup with the online draft grid and hopefully we'll have a similar setup at the Bellagio in the suites like we had last year for those folks joining me there.

That's the latest from here. Later today we'll have an add-on to our July 1st Early-Bird Specials, so look for that post this afternoon. We have a nice little incentive for folks who plan on doing multiple events with the NFFC this year and it will be announced soon. Hopefully that incentive will give you the information you need to win all of your leagues this year.

Thanks for being patient with us and the NFL so far. I know we're as upset as you are with the lockout, but hopefully we can all get through this and plan for a full season ahead. We'll keep working to keep the live events intact and with any luck we'll get a done deal before training camps are set to open. Let's hope.

Thanks all!!! Keep planning for football. I know we are.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:35 am

greg - i think we should get together in vegas even if the NFL season is cancelled!
:D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:09 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
greg - i think we should get together in vegas even if the NFL season is cancelled!
:D DEAL!!! :D I'm sure we can find something productive to do in 110 degree heat around the Bellagio pool!! :D Count me in!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:10 am

Great update Greg. The Chicago crew thanks you.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:54 am

I'm not sure what live events I'll be doing, but I'm always ready to help out the NFFC and NFFC players...

In Manhattan, I'm hearing great things about a hotel called YOTEL. From what I've heard, it is opening in late June or early July. This hotel is unique because its a mix of a hostel and a hotel. Small rooms, small prices compared to your typical Manhattan prices, but great quality. I've seen some of the pictures and it seems as if they've cut the room sizes down but still have all the amenities that most other hotels have in NY.

My advice is if you're going to stay in Manhattan, google YOTEL, and give them a call. Its probably yotel.com too, but I'm not really sure. Also, since its just opening up, EVERYTHING is brand new.

Good luck to everyone this year, and I hope this new hotel saves a ton of money for a bunch of the NY crew.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

SS

Post by SS » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Greg, what about the Rosemont Convention Center meeting space as a possible fallback?
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
I'm not sure what live events I'll be doing, but I'm always ready to help out the NFFC and NFFC players...

In Manhattan, I'm hearing great things about a hotel called YOTEL. From what I've heard, it is opening in late June or early July. This hotel is unique because its a mix of a hostel and a hotel. Small rooms, small prices compared to your typical Manhattan prices, but great quality. I've seen some of the pictures and it seems as if they've cut the room sizes down but still have all the amenities that most other hotels have in NY.

My advice is if you're going to stay in Manhattan, google YOTEL, and give them a call. Its probably yotel.com too, but I'm not really sure. Also, since its just opening up, EVERYTHING is brand new.

Good luck to everyone this year, and I hope this new hotel saves a ton of money for a bunch of the NY crew. I tried Google, but only came up with these:

[ June 01, 2011, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:29 am

there are a few of us going to Chicago with or without the NFL. get ready Bubba. as the song says " THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN"
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:28 am

Glenn, Yoda, Yentil...but I don't know what the 3rd one is. Lol. It looks like a Dr. Seuss character. ?

By the way, there is a Yotel.com. I'm sure this hotel is exactly what everyone has been looking for. If everything is what it says it is, the days of $250+ rooms in NYC are out the window.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:36 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Glenn, Yoda, Yentil...but I don't know what the 3rd one is. Lol. It looks like a Dr. Seuss character. ?Yertle (the Turtle).