Denard robinson

boli34

Denard robinson

Post by boli34 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:19 am

In need of rb help but he's listed as a wr. I thought I saw this discussed somewhere here. Is his position going to be changed to Rb or left as a wr? Just need to know as Id like to know how to ration out my bid money.

Tom Kessenich

Re: Denard robinson

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:40 am

Robinson will remain a WR. That was the position the Jaguars listed him at when our drafts began in early April. That will remain his position all season long in our contests. Hope that helps. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:18 am

For everyone bidding on Denard Robinson tonight, just an FYI that he is WR-only in the NFFC now and for the rest of the season. We do not add position eligibility during the NFFC season.

Why don't we add position eligibility during the season? Because unlike in baseball where games played at each position are easily documented, it's not as easy to do that over a 16-game season in football. Some teams say they are going to move players to a different position in the off-season and then leave that player mostly at his old position. And as we all know, throughout the course of the season several players play multiple positions and defining all of them would be nearly impossible. Do you give Jimmy Graham TE-WR eligibility because he lines up wide so much? Is Antonio Brown now eligible at multiple positions because he lines up in the backfield and runs and throws from back there? You could go on and on.

We assign each player a position at the beginning of the year and stick with it for the entire season. That explains why Denard Robinson is WR-only in the NFFC since he was a WR last year and early on it looked like he would remain WR in Jacksonville for 2014. We assigned him as a WR in April and now owners can start him at WR and with any luck get some good RB numbers going forward. Good luck all and good luck in tonight's FAAB bidding.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:51 pm

greg , he is listed as a rb in my cutline3.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Rog

Post by Rog » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:47 pm

In my cutline if you search out his name it shows RB
but if you click on it it shows WR
and the free agent pool has him as WR
Damn I needed a RB

if I use the OLD FAAB HE IS rb
IF I USE THE NEW FAAB he is wr
uh oh
same thing in all my cutlines
RUNNING BACK IN OLD FAAB SYSTEM/WR IN NEW FAAB
OLD FAAB1. Denard Robinson (RB) [Edit] $1 Nate Freese (K) [Edit] Delete | Copy
Last edited by Rog on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:51 pm

In my cutline he is Free agent under RBs. Click on name still get WR : WR/RB/TE. Satellite league he is rostered and under RB this week for team rosters link. Same WR : WR/RB/TE if you click name.

packman527

Post by packman527 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:19 am

I took some Snip-Its. He is showing up as both a RB and a WR in the Free Agent pool, and is listed under both when I sort by either RB or WR he is listed. I'm fine with him being double listed, but I believe Tom and Greg both said he was going to be available as WR only. Not sure if they changed their mind, or if this needs to be fixed.
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (17.25 KiB) Viewed 3813 times
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (18.99 KiB) Viewed 3813 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (2.22 KiB) Viewed 3813 times

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:31 am

We're aware of the issue and have asked our tech guys to fix this. Robinson is WR-only in our contest.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:40 am

This has been fixed. Robinson should no longer be given RB eligibility. Our apologies for any confusion this may have caused.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich