Zero Rb

TheReckoner

Zero Rb

Post by TheReckoner » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:05 am

For those that implemented ZRB how is it turning out? Very curious to see how the masses feel as time goes by.

wiljiro

Re: Zero Rb

Post by wiljiro » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Ummmmm.... ZRB?

What exactly is that?

W
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:32 pm

it's when you completely ignore running back in your draft during every round and rely solely on pickups to fortify the running back position on your team. i can't recommend it enough.

TR

Post by TR » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Zero Rb=Zero chance of winning any respectable, competitive league.

JD CUBE

Post by JD CUBE » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:48 pm

I did not implement the strategy on purpose. But with Doug Martin and Gerhart as my first 2 picks, it fells like a zero running back approach. Dez, Sanders, Tate, Stevem Smith and Julius Thomas keeping me in the hunt. If Riddick, Sims, or any of the other prayers hit, team will be ok.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:08 am

I know of a few people who use it, and based on how their WR's are doing, most are middle of the pack. I know Tyson Siegele who won the Primetime said he used it last year. What he failed to mention was that he had Jamaal Charles on many of those teams and then didn't take another RB till round 8 or so. I did that in the Classic last year...took Charles in the first, Brees in round 2, and then 5 straight WRs before taking Joique Bell as my RB2 in the 8th. That team finished 3rd overall in the Classic.

In the 2009 Main Event, I started a team with Randy Moss, Drew Brees, Eddie Royal (bust), Hines Ward, and Dallas Clark. My first RB in round 6 was Larry Johnson ( :shock: terrible!).

In the 2010 Main Event, I started with Randy Moss (the year he fell off the cliff), Peyton Manning, Steve Smith (the NYG one), Spiller (rookie year...terrible), and then took LT in round 6. That team was in the bottom 3rd.

That team finished 3rd and in the money. Mainly because 4 of my first 5 picks were really good that year.

It is VERY hard to be successful without taking at least one RB in the first 4 rounds anymore. The problem this year is MOST of the WR's taken in rounds 3-4 have disappointed. While guys who were there in the late 4th/5th (Hilton, Maclin, Sanders) have been awesome. If you started with 4 straight WR's, you probably passed on these guys to get your RB1, QB, or TE.

Due to the extreme success of Foster, Murray, Forte, Charles, Bell, etc.......I am betting we see more RB's going earlier starting next year.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:12 am

BillyWaz wrote:I know of a few people who use it, and based on how their WR's are doing, most are middle of the pack. I know Tyson Siegele who won the Primetime said he used it last year. What he failed to mention was that he had Jamaal Charles on many of those teams and then didn't take another RB till round 8 or so. I did that in the Classic last year...took Charles in the first, Brees in round 2, and then 5 straight WRs before taking Joique Bell as my RB2 in the 8th. That team finished 3rd overall in the Classic.

In the 2009 Main Event, I started a team with Randy Moss, Drew Brees, Eddie Royal (bust), Hines Ward, and Dallas Clark. My first RB in round 6 was Larry Johnson ( :shock: terrible!).

In the 2010 Main Event, I started with Randy Moss (the year he fell off the cliff), Peyton Manning, Steve Smith (the NYG one), Spiller (rookie year...terrible), and then took LT in round 6. That team was in the bottom 3rd.

That team finished 3rd and in the money. Mainly because 4 of my first 5 picks were really good that year.

It is VERY hard to be successful without taking at least one RB in the first 4 rounds anymore. The problem this year is MOST of the WR's taken in rounds 3-4 have disappointed. While guys who were there in the late 4th/5th (Hilton, Maclin, Sanders) have been awesome. If you started with 4 straight WR's, you probably passed on these guys to get your RB1, QB, or TE.

Due to the extreme success of Foster, Murray, Forte, Charles, Bell, etc.......I am betting we see more RB's going earlier starting next year.
I remember there being 2 seconds on the draft clock in that draft before I decided on Cedric Benson over Larry Johnson in that same draft in 2009. :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:17 am

chriseibl wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:I know of a few people who use it, and based on how their WR's are doing, most are middle of the pack. I know Tyson Siegele who won the Primetime said he used it last year. What he failed to mention was that he had Jamaal Charles on many of those teams and then didn't take another RB till round 8 or so. I did that in the Classic last year...took Charles in the first, Brees in round 2, and then 5 straight WRs before taking Joique Bell as my RB2 in the 8th. That team finished 3rd overall in the Classic.

I remember there being 2 seconds on the draft clock in that draft before I decided on Cedric Benson over Larry Johnson in that same draft in 2009. :D
Great call.....I wanted Benson! :lol:

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:09 pm

This is a ffpc main team.

1.1 Jimmy Graham
2.12 Randall Cobb
3.1 Drew Brees
4.11 Jordan Reed
5.1 Greg Olsen
6.11 Jeremy Maclin
7.1 Mike Wallace

Here are the RB choices this week: Lamar Miller, Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Oliver, Tre Mason, Darren McFadden, Carlos Hyde, and Khiry Robinson.

Right now we are 7-1 and top 20 in points overall. It can be done but I agree there is a much better shot of winning going RB early.

Wayne

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:39 am

it does help if you "hit" on all of (most of) your picks Wayne!