Regular Season Cutline Prizes Will Be Sent In December

Tom Kessenich

Regular Season Cutline Prizes Will Be Sent In December

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 am

The regular season in the Cutline has ended and as we did last year, the regular season prize winners in that contest will receive their prize checks in December along with all of the other regular season prize winners in our contests. A reminder that in the Cutline it is the team with the most points in each league who wins the $250 and is the league champion.

Congratulations to all of our regular season prize winners in the Cutline and look for your checks next month. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coach JP

Re: Regular Season Cutline Prizes Will Be Sent In December

Post by Coach JP » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:16 pm

As always, thanks guys.

Second year doing this format and it's definitely a different kind of fun!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Greg, when will the cutline playoff standings go up ?

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:38 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:The regular season in the Cutline has ended and as we did last year, the regular season prize winners in that contest will receive their prize checks in December along with all of the other regular season prize winners in our contests. A reminder that in the Cutline it is the team with the most points in each league who wins the $250 and is the league champion.

Congratulations to all of our regular season prize winners in the Cutline and look for your checks next month. :)
FYI your rules are kind of confusing here and I would suggest an edit. Although lower down it does say under prize money it is total points...higher up it shows 1st place in the league is head to head. Just a bit odd/poorly worded.

The top 2 teams from each league based on the criteria below qualify for the Championship bracket in Weeks 10-12 of the Cutline Championship:
1st - best head-to-head record (total points being the tie-breaker)
2nd - Most points scored (if h2h champion had most points then its next most points)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:05 pm

mattjb wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:The regular season in the Cutline has ended and as we did last year, the regular season prize winners in that contest will receive their prize checks in December along with all of the other regular season prize winners in our contests. A reminder that in the Cutline it is the team with the most points in each league who wins the $250 and is the league champion.

FYI your rules are kind of confusing here and I would suggest an edit. Although lower down it does say under prize money it is total points...higher up it shows 1st place in the league is head to head. Just a bit odd/poorly worded.

The top 2 teams from each league based on the criteria below qualify for the Championship bracket in Weeks 10-12 of the Cutline Championship:
2nd - Most points scored (if h2h champion had most points then its next most points)
It's to show that the first team that is selected from each league for the playoff spot is best head-to-head record, then highest total points. If you do it the other way around, you'd have different results. Hope that helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:05 pm

kjduke wrote:Greg, when will the cutline playoff standings go up ?
I will ask and post an answer shortly.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
mattjb wrote:

It's to show that the first team that is selected from each league for the playoff spot is best head-to-head record, then highest total points. If you do it the other way around, you'd have different results. Hope that helps.
I understand how it works, Greg. If you don't think it's odd that the team that finishes 2nd in the play-off seeding wins the prize money then fair enough.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Total points trumps all.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
kjduke wrote:Greg, when will the cutline playoff standings go up ?
I will ask and post an answer shortly.
I saw that these were posted already, earlier today. On your cutline team, there is a link for cutline playoffs under the standings tab.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Total points trumps all.
I don't believe seeding for the teams really matters, am I right Greg? Whether you are the 1st seed or the 2nd seed in the championship bracket or if you are the 3rd, 4th, or 5th seed in the wild card bracket. It's just done in seeds to show us how we got there. It's not as though the higher seed gets an advantage. It's all points based from here on out. I understand how Matt was confused with the 1st seed being the h2h winner and the league prize winner being the points champion. Any way to make the first seed the points winner next year? Might help with the confusion a little.
Last edited by JETS SB on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.