FAAB Bid Blocking

JETS SB

FAAB Bid Blocking

Post by JETS SB » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:20 pm

I know this is something that is done. I am considering doing it tomorrow. Does anyone feel that this is anything other than competitive fair play? I have mixed feelings about it as I have had it done to me and was really pissed but it was my own fault for wasting most of my FAAB money too early. Would love to hear some thoughts.

Frozen Tundra

Re: FAAB Bid Blocking

Post by Frozen Tundra » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:22 pm

What do you mean by bid blocking?

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:25 pm

I would never get angry with someone doing that to me. I have had it done before to me and I have done it to others. The way I feel, it is part of the game and there should never be any hard feelings.we are all competitive people and play to win.just my opinion. 8-)
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Frozen Tundra wrote:What do you mean by bid blocking?
You are playing a team or competing with a team that has an injured player and/or bye week player leaving them with no one at a position. They have limited FAAB funds. You have a lot. You bid on 2 or 3 of the top players at the position they need, just above what they can bid.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:44 pm

funny story. One of my buddies Johnny F. About 7 or 8 years ago did that to me and then sent me a text that said... Checkmate. I took it like a man, it's part of the game.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:50 pm

I suppose its a little like being in an auction and there is always one guy (Dobies) that saves most of his money and then outbids you on everyone at the end of the auction.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Your money... do what you want with it.

TR

Post by TR » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:37 pm

JETS SB wrote:I know this is something that is done. I am considering doing it tomorrow. Does anyone feel that this is anything other than competitive fair play? I have mixed feelings about it as I have had it done to me and was really pissed but it was my own fault for wasting most of my FAAB money too early. Would love to hear some thoughts.
As your ex coach Herman Edwards once said..."YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!". Bid blocking is a strategy and definitely part of the game if u have the roster spot(s) and money to do it...

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:49 pm

It is perfectly fine in general. Should be done to protect your positive EV situation. When someone is out of it and does controversial things to one person that they wouldn't do to another, then it starts crossing the line IMO.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:48 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:It is perfectly fine in general. Should be done to protect your positive EV situation. When someone is out of it and does controversial things to one person that they wouldn't do to another, then it starts crossing the line IMO.
Exactly