People ditching their lineups

kingraiders

People ditching their lineups

Post by kingraiders » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:06 am

Are ridiculous in OC. What a pain in the ass to see a matchup w/implications in your league and a team that would've had a legit chance for a win fielding a couple bye positions. In a high stakes tourney this is something you'd expect to see a type of inherent fix for this. I know this has been talked about in past, I thought I remember seeing safegaurds in place for this?
I don't care if I'm winless, I'd certainly take 2 minutes to plug my best chance lineup for the integrity of the league. These teams need to be marked for future, it's pretty pathetic.

got heeem

Re: People ditching their lineups

Post by got heeem » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:13 am

well said .I hate it in my home leagues .let alone for a major contest .hope it was a mistake and not just a person being a ass.

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:15 pm

agree king raiders! I faced a team this week without a TE and that same team is facing a guy tied with me for wins in my league next week. So i guess it comes back around.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:21 pm

this topic comes up around this time of year every year. Over the years different people have brought up ideas to address this problem. It certainly can taint the competitive integrity (and fun) of a high quality fantasy football league.

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:36 pm

One of my teams played against Andrew Luck this week - Even on a "Bye" he had me nervous....

Here's the kicker - his backup QB, was Andy Dalton - So starting Luck GOT him points....

Wiljiro
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:07 pm

All play all year easily fixes this. Then early on when everyone is trying or late when people are giving up it's the same for everyone (not to mention the most fair). I saw a guy in one of my leagues in last place at 2-8 is only a few points back from the most points in the league... needless to say I'm rooting for him, that might be the worst luck I've ever seen

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Points count for 2/3rds of the payout, not including the big prizes if you are in a non-satellite league.
So I'm not worried or chasing the league W-L. I don't even look at who I'm playing on a weekly basis. All I look at is league points. Tilting the importance towards points deals with the disinterested owner problem.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:10 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:All play all year easily fixes this. Then early on when everyone is trying or late when people are giving up it's the same for everyone (not to mention the most fair). I saw a guy in one of my leagues in last place at 2-8 is only a few points back from the most points in the league... needless to say I'm rooting for him, that might be the worst luck I've ever seen
Disagree - Head to head needs to be kept as part of the competition. For many reasons, all of which have been brought up before, every year, same time. blah blah blah. Especially considering some commenting in this thread are guilty of exactly what they are accusing.

TR

Post by TR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Whoever is quitting...take their names down so u can get them back if they are ever in your league in the future...either by block bidding the hell out of them or not setting your lineup if they ever need help and u are in that position...odds are karma will get those fkers.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:40 am

what is the etiquette on this? Is it appropriate to reach out to someone via e-mail?

I need someone to put up a valid line-up in a league where i'm going against another strong team for a h2h and points title in a high $ league. I'd prefer the team i'm competing against not get a bye but their opposition hasn't logged in since Sunday and already left in a Thursday player (who ended up doing just fine) who they would probably not have started had they been checking their lineup. There's always the chance that an emergency happened and they can't get to their line-up for whatever reason too so I'm wary of being too quick to judge.