Another MVP

JETS SB

Another MVP

Post by JETS SB » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:19 pm

After debating Rivers, Luck, Brady, Manning, and Big Ben, I think we have to throw Aaron Rodgers in the mix now. 25 TDs and 3 INT is the best ratio in the league and I don't think there are many players that mean more to their team. Amazing how many great QBs there are in the NFL right now. I personally think we can remove Rivers and Ben from the conversation at this point. I don't think there is a clear front runner amongst the remaining 4.

Brady
Manning
Luck
Rodgers

Who is your choice?

Fourslot40

Re: Another MVP

Post by Fourslot40 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:24 pm

In my opinion, Demarco Murray and Antonio Brown need to be in the discussion.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Fourslot40 wrote:In my opinion, Demarco Murray and Antonio Brown need to be in the discussion.
You can put them in the discussion but neither will win unless they set records and even if they did, I don't see it happening. It's mostly a QB award and there are just too many great ones this year.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:33 pm

If the Cardinals are the best team in the league - and you can make the argument they have been to this point - then they deserve to have someone in the discussion so I'll nominate Andre Ellington.

Or Bruce Arians.

:)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:If the Cardinals are the best team in the league - and you can make the argument they have been to this point - then they deserve to have someone in the discussion so I'll nominate Andre Ellington.

Or Bruce Arians.

Or Patrick Peterson

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:55 pm

JETS SB wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:If the Cardinals are the best team in the league - and you can make the argument they have been to this point - then they deserve to have someone in the discussion so I'll nominate Andre Ellington.

Or Bruce Arians.

Or Patrick Peterson
He hasn't played all that well until recently. In all seriousness, I really think Ellington is the one guy they can't afford to lose. That belief obviously will be put to the test now with Palmer done but I think so much of what Arizona does revolves around Ellington. The numbers aren't always glitzy but the impact is consistently stellar.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:10 pm

JETS SB wrote:
Fourslot40 wrote:In my opinion, Demarco Murray and Antonio Brown need to be in the discussion.
You can put them in the discussion but neither will win unless they set records and even if they did, I don't see it happening. It's mostly a QB award and there are just too many great ones this year.
Yes, QB's are winning the award the majority of the time, but how can you argue with Murray? He currently has 400 more yards than any other back in the league. If he goes for 2,000 yards and well over 300 carries... and the Cowboys make the playoffs with a good record, he breaks the QB streak. The fact that there are too many QB's actually supports my opinion. Too difficult to select any one of them. There's only one standout back.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:07 pm

Fourslot40 wrote:
JETS SB wrote:

Yes, QB's are winning the award the majority of the time, but how can you argue with Murray? He currently has 400 more yards than any other back in the league. If he goes for 2,000 yards and well over 300 carries... and the Cowboys make the playoffs with a good record, he breaks the QB streak. The fact that there are too many QB's actually supports my opinion. Too difficult to select any one of them. There's only one standout back.
True. The QBs could split the votes. The key for Murray would be 2,000 yards. He needs to be there. AP won a few years back but I believe he had very few weapons on that team to assist him while Murray has Romo and Dez. Going back even further, LT had a crazy year with 30 TDs. If one of the QBs breaks away from the pack, its theirs to lose.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Rodgers has pretty much been playing at an unreal level ever since the "R-E-L-A-X" interview. He throws the prettiest ball in the business and makes it look effortless in the process. He is without a doubt in the conversation for MVP. Unfortunately, without record breaking or near record breaking years from other positions, the MVP is pretty much a QB award. If I had to rank the candidates today, it would look like this:

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Rodgers
4. Luck
5. Murray
6. A. Brown

What A. Brown is doing cannot be discounted. Even with a subpar game last week he is still on a crazy pace this year. Like Murray, he is the standout at his position right now. I just don't see him or Murray being able to pull enough votes away from an elite QB that will most likely be leading his team to a much better record than either of those two player's teams will have.
Go Big Red!

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:47 pm

JETS SB wrote:After debating Rivers, Luck, Brady, Manning, and Big Ben, I think we have to throw Aaron Rodgers in the mix now. 25 TDs and 3 INT is the best ratio in the league and I don't think there are many players that mean more to their team. Amazing how many great QBs there are in the NFL right now. I personally think we can remove Rivers and Ben from the conversation at this point. I don't think there is a clear front runner amongst the remaining 4.

Brady
Manning
Luck
Rodgers

Who is your choice?
IMO, these are currently the players to be considered for the MVP, plus DMurray. Unless I'm mistaken, no WR has ever won the award, and as good as he's been this year, you might as well leave ABrown off your list. I don't see any advantage for one QB over another, YET, but if I had to give it to one player right now, it would be DMurray. The 100 yard per game streak and making Dallas a viable contender is good enough for me.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"