Is Green Bay just......

BillyWaz

Is Green Bay just......

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:18 pm

STUPID, OR IGNORANT???

There is ONE guy on the field who can beat you, and they play him man to man.

I know he isn't totally in control of the defense, but I have said it a million times.....MIKE MCCARTHY IS OVERRATED!

David U Kennedy

Re: Is Green Bay just......

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Agreed. Looks like Julio is hurt. Wayne torn triceps. Lots of injuries this week. Big developments for the rest of the way.

TheReckoner

Post by TheReckoner » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:45 am

I actually was there in person fellas.. I at one point pondered a Tonya Harding approach.. Cooler heads prevailed.

Think about this though.. First time at lambeau, and lacy has 27.6 points. One would think I'd leave in a positive mood. :lol: thank you to the Green Bay defensive gurus. Buffoons!

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:24 am

I don't know what is worse, the fact that Julio did that or that teams CONTINUALLY play Nelson short and allow him to get a 60 yard TD every game.

Was watching the replay of that Nelson TD, Cobb's defender was 15 yards off him while Jordy's defender tried playing him at the line and got blown by. Wondering when teams will realize that Jordy needs to be given a cushion and double teamed.

I love fantasy, but it makes me a bitter person. Headed into the playoffs with Demaryius, Cobb and Tate and got 21 points combined. Meanwhile everyone else's studs put up 30-40. I thought if I fell behind the pack it'd be because of my QB, not my stud PPR WR's.

TR

Post by TR » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:50 am

Coach JP wrote:I don't know what is worse, the fact that Julio did that or that teams CONTINUALLY play Nelson short and allow him to get a 60 yard TD every game.

Was watching the replay of that Nelson TD, Cobb's defender was 15 yards off him while Jordy's defender tried playing him at the line and got blown by. Wondering when teams will realize that Jordy needs to be given a cushion and double teamed.

I love fantasy, but it makes me a bitter person. Headed into the playoffs with Demaryius, Cobb and Tate and got 21 points combined. Meanwhile everyone else's studs put up 30-40. I thought if I fell behind the pack it'd be because of my QB, not my stud PPR WR's.
Packers owners VERY lucky green bay doesn't face Detroit till week 17...Lions seem like 1 of the few teams that know to not let Jordy beat them deep...and actually put pressure on Rodgers...unlike atlanta's pathetic nonexistent pass rush giving him all day to go thru his options.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:18 am

The Lions haven't won in the state of Wisconsin in over two decades. Just an FYI. :)

The Packers' pass defense has been a joke since the Super Bowl. What we saw last week against Brady was clearly a fluke. It's not a surprise the Falcons torched them. The Packers cannot handle good passing games. Weak pass rush and their secondary talent leaves much to be desired.

Both teams made highly suspect decisions in coverage. The Packers were singling up Julio all game and the Falcons sold out to stop Cobb, doubling him and letting Nelson get single coverage. I understand the desire to stop Cobb but you can't do that while letting Nelson run free in the secondary.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TR

Post by TR » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:38 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:The Lions haven't won in the state of Wisconsin in over two decades. Just an FYI. :)

The Packers' pass defense has been a joke since the Super Bowl. What we saw last week against Brady was clearly a fluke. It's not a surprise the Falcons torched them. The Packers cannot handle good passing games. Weak pass rush and their secondary talent leaves much to be desired.

Both teams made highly suspect decisions in coverage. The Packers were singling up Julio all game and the Falcons sold out to stop Cobb, doubling him and letting Nelson get single coverage. I understand the desire to stop Cobb but you can't do that while letting Nelson run free in the secondary.
True the Lions haven't won there in over 2 decades...will see if they are good enough to overcome the refs who will undoubtedly cheat for packers yet again this time around tho...SUH, Ansah, and company lay some good legit licks on Rodgers to rattle him...watch them turn into 15 yard game changing, drive extending BS personal foul penalties.

Remember this gem from a few years back...figures Mike Carey was involved :lol:

Dick Jauron didn't criticize referee Mike Carey and his crew. But the Lions' interim coach and his staff spent some time going over one particular play from their 16-13 overtime loss at Green Bay on Sunday night.

The play involved an apparent safety on which the officiating crew changed the call and took the two points off the scoreboard with 6:59 to play in regulation time.

The Lions tackled Packers running back Samkon Gado in the end zone but as he fell to the turf, the ball — accidentally or intentionally — left his hands and bounced just beyond the goalline.

Carey's original call was that the Lions had a safety. The call he eventually made — and the call that stood — was that at the moment the ball left his hands, Gado became a passer. Instead of a fumble or a tackle for a safety, it became an incomplete pass and the Lions didn't get their two points.

In addition, the officials ruled that a holding call — against Packers right tackle Mark Tauscher, who wrestled Lions defensive end Cory Redding out of the play — occurred outside the end zone, thereby denying the Lions the other possibility of a safety.

"There were some things in that game that went against us that we have a lot of questions about," Jauron said Monday. "The play in the end zone, with them coming out of the end zone, we've reviewed that from a lot of different angles and we have serious questions about a number of things on that play."

After studying the film from several angles, Jauron said he believes Gado was stretching the ball toward the goalline — trying to get it out of the end zone to avoid the safety — as he fell.

"It looks to me more like a fumble than a pass," he said. "I was under the impression there was some kind of forward movement of his hands, flipping the ball out of the end zone but I don't see that. I just see a stretching and the ball comes out ... and the ball did not get to the line of scrimmage."

The Lions also believe Tauscher's hold occurred in the end zone, which would have given the Lions a safety also.

Jauron said the Lions will submit the play to the NFL for review but that he will not necessarily speak to director of officiating Mike Pereira personally regarding the play and he will not inform the media of communication he receives from the league

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:53 am

The Packers' defense last night was downright PATHETIC and BAFFLING. Their game plan was to stop Stephen Jackson. Seriously, that was the focus. At no time did they commit a high safety to Julio consistently. Julio was one-on-one with Shields or Williams or worse yet House. It's not like he made 11 circus catches in double coverage last night; he was WIDE OPEN most of the night. And without a pass rush, I could have completed those passes just like Matt Ryan did.

As Tom has said, we've seen this formula before in the last 10 years. The Packers' offense is good enough to sweep through this division and get to the playoffs, but you need a dominant defense in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl and this isn't it. Rodgers was just amazing last night -- honestly, that may have been his best game of the year -- but you can't beat a team like Seattle if you need to score on every possession. Dom Capers used the most vanilla defense I've ever seen in that second half and it was useless. He better dial up a new game plan when the Lions come to town or it will be a tough time in late December.

TR, the Lions haven't won in Lambeau since 1991. Really, you're going to blame officiating for that? Get real. But you are right, this is the type of defense and offense that can win at Lambeau and maybe this is the year. Hopefully Suh won't still be suspended by Week 17 for that cheap shot he took on McCown. When will that guy ever learn? It should be a good showdown in Week 17, if neither of us stumble before then.

Great time at Lambeau Field last night with the snow coming down and the first half was a joy. But the second half revealed too many old sores that could fester during the playoffs. Not good.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TR

Post by TR » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:15 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:The Packers' defense last night was downright PATHETIC and BAFFLING. Their game plan was to stop Stephen Jackson. Seriously, that was the focus. At no time did they commit a high safety to Julio consistently. Julio was one-on-one with Shields or Williams or worse yet House. It's not like he made 11 circus catches in double coverage last night; he was WIDE OPEN most of the night. And without a pass rush, I could have completed those passes just like Matt Ryan did.

As Tom has said, we've seen this formula before in the last 10 years. The Packers' offense is good enough to sweep through this division and get to the playoffs, but you need a dominant defense in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl and this isn't it. Rodgers was just amazing last night -- honestly, that may have been his best game of the year -- but you can't beat a team like Seattle if you need to score on every possession. Dom Capers used the most vanilla defense I've ever seen in that second half and it was useless. He better dial up a new game plan when the Lions come to town or it will be a tough time in late December.

TR, the Lions haven't won in Lambeau since 1991. Really, you're going to blame officiating for that? Get real. But you are right, this is the type of defense and offense that can win at Lambeau and maybe this is the year. Hopefully Suh won't still be suspended by Week 17 for that cheap shot he took on McCown. When will that guy ever learn? It should be a good showdown in Week 17, if neither of us stumble before then.

Great time at Lambeau Field last night with the snow coming down and the first half was a joy. But the second half revealed too many old sores that could fester during the playoffs. Not good.
No way SUH should be suspended and as far as when will he ever learn...that was his only his 2nd personal foul penalty of the season...and even that seems kinda questionable..I didn't see the game as I was at the Steelers-Bengals game but Caldwell's comments says there was a similar hit that wasn't flagged? When you take a look at it, you can see where his initial contact is made and then, from there, obviously, the hand kind of slid up a little bit, or the forearm slid up," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said today. "And it'll be for the league to make a determination on it, because he had two that were almost identical: one on one side of the field and one on the other. One was not flagged, but the league will take a look at it and see what they think."

I think ppl exaggerate his cheap shots also because he is so strong and because of the reputation he got from a couple incidents..for instance the one on Cutler they usually show in his "cheap shot" reels...

WEEK 13 - Chicago Bears v. Detriot Lions - In a small bit of deja vu all over again, the Bears game-winning drive is influenced by a bad call against the Lions. While scrambling, Bears QB Jay Cutler crosses the line of scrimmage and is pushed down by Lions DT Ndamukong Suh.

The referees flag Suh for a "non-football act" (it's ruled Suh hit Culter with a forearm to the back of the helmet which replays proved was not the case). The extra 15-yards aid the Bears in driving into the endzone to win the game.

All that said, I expect Lions-Packers to be flexed to the Sunday Nite NBC Primetime spot and will definitely have my popcorn ready for what should be a great game! :)

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:43 pm

TR, I can't tell, are you a Lions fan? :lol:
Go Big Red!