Something's Brewin' In Chicago!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:58 am

I must give a tip of the hat to the folks in the Midwest this year as the NFFC is going to have a lively bunch in Chicago this year. I'm not sure if it was the pizza there last year, the many drinks Rocky bought the last two years or just the love of football from you folks, but interest is at an all-time high in the Windy City this year! :D We have already sold out one Auction League in Chicago and have two signups for a second league there. We just sold out one Draft Champions League there and will gladly take signups for a second league. The main event signups are on par right now with New York City and much of the Message Board banter is from those wild folks drafting in Chicago! :D I love it.

Keep it up Chicago. I may have to loosen Rocky's purse strings if this keeps up! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:02 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Keep it up Chicago. I may have to loosen Rocky's purse strings if this keeps up! :D Now you're talking Greg! :D

Are the teams posted anywhere that form the 1st auction league?

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:11 am

SNAKE have you called Dr. Phil yet to take care of that NY ego problem? Don't see NY finishing ahead of Vegas for second in the 3-CC without peace and harmony, podnah. :D :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:25 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I must give a tip of the hat to the folks in the Midwest this year as the NFFC is going to have a lively bunch in Chicago this year. I'm not sure if it was the pizza there last year, the many drinks Rocky bought the last two years or just the love of football from you folks, but interest is at an all-time high in the Windy City this year! :D We have already sold out one Auction League in Chicago and have two signups for a second league there. We just sold out one Draft Champions League there and will gladly take signups for a second league. The main event signups are on par right now with New York City and much of the Message Board banter is from those wild folks drafting in Chicago! :D I love it.

Keep it up Chicago. I may have to loosen Rocky's purse strings if this keeps up! :D We are thinking Lou's Pizza after the Auction on Friday night ... while we play holdum. Maybe you could even get a sponser to pop for it. I'm sure after Rocky has a piece ... it'll be a NFFC tradition! And what a good one at that!

If this becomes a reality ... have someone get a hold of me so I can fill them in on how to order Lou Malnati's Pizza (the right way).

Otherwise we'll use our NY winnings on Friday night pizza and Rocky will still be able to mooch a peice off us :cool:

UYT
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:29 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
SNAKE have you called Dr. Phil yet to take care of that NY ego problem? Don't see NY finishing ahead of Vegas for second in the 3-CC without peace and harmony, podnah. :D :D Sorry Rick ... I disagree! NY will beat vegas and is clearly the favorite ... to take second place.

By the way Rick ... I won a bet with Darryl and he is covering lunch for you and me at the draft on friday! I told him I owed you lunch ... so you were part of the bet! FYI

UYT
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:52 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:

...as all who cross paths with NY'ers eventually, much to their extreme disliking, come to realize - it will be no different here...now move along...SNAKE First ... I actually agree with you here Snake. At some point NY will take one from Chicago and/or Chicago and Vegas (even a blind squirl ... ). I just hope I live long enough to see it.

Secondly ... I am uncomfortable with you telling yourself to move along in every other post you make ... now move along Snake! LMAO :cool:
Hakuna Matata!

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:03 am

Sorry Rick ... I disagree! NY will beat vegas and is clearly the favorite ... to take second place.Should be a very interesting battle for 2nd place, but I'm betting someone on Team NY will bid $975 for Travis Minor or Sammie Morris in Week 2 to take Ronnie Brown's spot following his season-ending injury and that alone will doom them, just like last year's Antowain Smith debacle. And you know who my leading candidate is on Team NY to draft R.B., don't you? Hint, he SLITHERS through these boards with the greatest of ease.
:D :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ