And so it begins... And Begins with a WOW

wiljiro

And so it begins... And Begins with a WOW

Post by wiljiro » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Here's a first for me fellas

Just did a Primetime - not going to name names -

Curious for an opinion -

I was 12

I knew after last night two things were certain - Gronk would not reach me - and Brady would move up significantly

This would open up spots for me.... Which it did - I'm happy with my team -

Sure enough the guy at 11, took Brady round one ....

Fine - do I agree with it? No - but I respect that an angry post deflategate / Belichic / Brady combo might just be inclined to light it up this year .... Sure

Imagine my dismay, shock, and yes a bit of anger, (not quite sure why, might have to consult my therapist about that), when the same team followed up that in round FOUR with....Aaron Rodgers?

Seriously?

This mind you was a Primetime - not online or sattelite

Love some thoughts on that...

Lets play ball.

wiljiro
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

TR

Re: And so it begins... And Begins with a WOW

Post by TR » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:36 pm

wiljiro wrote:Here's a first for me fellas

Just did a Primetime - not going to name names -

Curious for an opinion -

I was 12

I knew after last night two things were certain - Gronk would not reach me - and Brady would move up significantly

This would open up spots for me.... Which it did - I'm happy with my team -

Sure enough the guy at 11, took Brady round one ....

Fine - do I agree with it? No - but I respect that an angry post deflategate / Belichic / Brady combo might just be inclined to light it up this year .... Sure

Imagine my dismay, shock, and yes a bit of anger, (not quite sure why, might have to consult my therapist about that), when the same team followed up that in round FOUR with....Aaron Rodgers?

Seriously?

This mind you was a Primetime - not online or sattelite

Love some thoughts on that...

Lets play ball.

wiljiro
I'd need to see rest of his team to comment further. Maybe he originally had Rodgers targeted as his QB1 but couldn't pass up on the 4 TDS Brady scored last nite. So when it came back to round 4 and Rodgers was still there (2 rounds later than his ADP) he couldn't pass up on that value when players he wanted could be had in later rounds. So he was able to block u or other owners stocking up at other positions from getting an elite QB there..and also insure himself against a possible Bernard Pollard injury to Brady come fantasy playoff time.

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:00 pm

You tell me

Brady
lynch
Jeffrey's
Rodgers
M bennet
Eric decker
L Blount
A blue
Kenny stills
H miller
R bush
J strong
Houston

TR

Post by TR » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:05 pm

wiljiro wrote:You tell me

Brady
lynch
Jeffrey's
Rodgers
M bennet
Eric decker
L Blount
A blue
Kenny stills
H miller
R bush
J strong
Houston
Damn...he must be kicking himself now...big hole at RB and WR that could have been filled in 4th rd...I hope he's good at managing his FAAB lol

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:48 pm

How much money did he waste on this team ? Brady in rd1 ? Maybe a few to many drinks before he drafted this crap team. :lol:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:32 pm

Brady in round 1 isn't as shocking to me as Rodgers at 4.11 (pick 47???)

Taking them both.......not really a smart move, IMO.

Old School

Post by Old School » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:41 pm

I was in that draft. Will I wouldnt complain if were u. You drafted right next to him and got a nice little early Christmas present or two when Charles dropped to u round one/pick 12 with Brady going at pick 11 :shock:

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:11 am

Old School - oh yeah, more like 4,5 or 6.... Absolutely - if you look at my post you will see I'm happy with my team - that wasn't the point - I just was looking for an opinion - I will give him this - had he passed on Rodgers in the fourth I would have snatched him -

Charles (from 12 hole)
CJ Anderson
Edelman
Rodgers
Marshall

Would have been quite tidy....

So he did block that... But man.... That's a bizarre strategy to have in a league for this kind of money

W

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:26 am

wiljiro wrote:Old School - oh yeah, more like 4,5 or 6.... Absolutely - if you look at my post you will see I'm happy with my team - that wasn't the point - I just was looking for an opinion - I will give him this - had he passed on Rodgers in the fourth I would have snatched him -

Charles (from 12 hole)
CJ Anderson
Edelman
Rodgers
Marshall

Would have been quite tidy....

So he did block that... But man.... That's a bizarre strategy to have in a league for this kind of money

W
.....Well he's got some cajones I guess. He did the same thing from the same spot in the OL champ today.
I think he's a big NE fan :) Tried to draft all Pats players

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:32 pm

I don't understand the strategy with taking 2 stud QB's early in any 1 QB league. I'm open to reading/listening to the benefits. I just hope I'm sitting or picking next to them so I can take the culls. That being said, I'm not about to post anything negative about somebody else's team since I'd hate to have my a$$ handed to me at season's end, by someone I berated on the MBs before the season ever started. JMO :o
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"