Scott Newman

bald is beautiful

Scott Newman

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:17 pm

I received a text this morning from Tom Yates. It is with great sadness that I am posting that our NFFC brother and my friend, Scott Newman, has passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. Details are few at this point.

Scott was a good fantasy player who never took any credit for his accomplishments. He never took competing too seriously. More than anything, I will remember Scott as one of the most sincere and nicest persons that I have met in this hobby of ours. He always focused more on the friendships of the guys he met than on any fantasy bravado or accomplishments. I will miss him.

Tom Kessenich

Re: Scott Newman

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Oh no, that is terrible news. I'm so sorry to hear that. Scott was a mainstay in the NFFC and NFBC and like Jack said a truly wonderful person. A genuinely nice man. His daughters began working at our events years ago and one of his daughters Lexi still does. The NFFC and NFBC events in New York really were a family affair for the Newmans and I was fortunate to meet and get to know them.

Terrible terrible news.

Jack, I'm going to post this on the NFBC boards if that's OK with you.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Oh no, that is terrible news. I'm so sorry to hear that. Scott was a mainstay in the NFFC and NFBC and like Jack said a truly wonderful person. A genuinely nice man. His daughters began working at our events years ago and one of his daughters Lexi still does. The NFFC and NFBC events in New York really were a family affair for the Newmans and I was fortunate to meet and get to know them.

Terrible terrible news.

Jack, I'm going to post this on the NFBC boards if that's OK with you.
Of course.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:45 pm

RIP Scott. Always great conversations with him in NYC. Nicest guy. So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Will always remember "the practical guy"

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Shocking, very sad to see this. He always came across as a good-humored and humble guy.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:53 pm

Very sad news. You play in these leagues long enough, and eventually someone you care about is going to pass away. Today is that day for me and many others here.

R.I.P. Practical Guy. My most sincere condolences to the Newman family.

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Very sorry to hear this. I didn't know Scott very well, but always was a class act when we spoke. RIP

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Wow. I can not believe this. Scott was so full of life in September at out live drafts and he talked about all the things he was doing now to help people plan financially for their futures. He loved what he was doing. He also loved participating and competing in all fantasy leagues and never gave himself enough credit for being good at this. He finished 2nd overall with his daughter five years ago and finished 4th overall last year. He was good.

He also loved to partner with other guys because he loved the camaraderie. Amazing guy.

He was too young to leave here. We all lost a good friend today who had so much more to give to this world. Amazing loss.

So sorry to hear this unexpected news. We'll miss you Scott.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Scott was just a great guy. I'm guessing he's probably never had an enemy. I got to talk with him quite a bit this year in Vegas and he was telling me all about his plans to relocate. It was exciting hearing how excited he was. We lost one of the really good ones today:) He will be missed.

Wayne

renman

Post by renman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Wow, this is a kick in the gut. Scott and I were in several leagues together over the years and sat side by side in some live drafts in NYC. I can't echo enough what a nice guy he was and how unique he was in that he was super humble and always deflected any attention for his good fantasy results. I am stunned and don't know what else to say. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and lovely daughters that were often with him at the events. Just heartbreaking news...