Week 10 Fanduel Contest: CLOSED

Tom Kessenich

Week 10 Fanduel Contest: CLOSED

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:13 am

This week's NFFC/Fanduel Contest is live, so secure your teams before we sell this one out like we did the last four weeks. The cost is $25 and the top prize is a free entry into the 2016 NFFC Primetime or Classic. Bottom line: $25 can net you a $1,600 entry into next year's event, which then could lead to up to $150,000 in additional prizes.

So turn $25 into $150,000+!

Here's the link for this week's contest:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/13515/con ... 2118/enter

NFFC/Fanduel Week Contest Winners
Each Has Won A Free 2016 NFFC Classic Or Primetime Entry (Valued at $1,600)
Week 1: Chris Vaccaro
Week 2: James Loveless
Week 3: Glenn Lowy
Week 4: Scott Atkins
Week 5: John Fousek
Week 6: Billy Wasosky
Week 7: Joe Conte
Week 8: Emmett Ruland
Week 9: John Miller
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Re: Week 10 Fanduel Contest: 76 Spots Left

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:57 am

76 spots now left for the Week 10 contest
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Re: Week 10 Fanduel Contest: 54 Spots Left

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:57 am

64 spots left
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Week 10 Fanduel Contest: 49 Spots Left

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:08 am

Okay, let's fill up this week's NFFC/Fanduel Weekly Contest. Now only 49 spots left. Secure your team before we sell out and turn $25 into a $1,600 NFFC Classic or Primetime entry. Gotta love it. Click on the link above and let's do it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:57 pm

This contest exists why? Fanduel is completely throwing full season under the bus.

Tom Kessenich

Re: Week 10 Fanduel Contest: 42 Spots Left

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:52 am

42 spots left for this week's contest
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:07 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:This contest exists why? Fanduel is completely throwing full season under the bus.
This contest exists because it is a a legal, skill-based game that provides enjoyment and great prizes to our customers. The people who are throwing our entire industry under the bus are the over-reaching state Attorney Generals who have so much power that with just one opinion they can shut down an entire industry. Forget due process. The AGs can shut down an entire industry without any hearings or anything else.

I'm more aghast at that than anything else. And if anyone thinks this is just going to affect DFS and not season-long, you're totally wrong. It's already impacting the entire industry.

Are we upset with Fanduel and DraftKings for extrapolating their position that DFS is a skill-based game by stating many times that DFS is an even MORE skill based game? Of course. Heck, the FSTA lobbyist has said the same thing and we're upset there, too. You can see that the entire industry right now is trying to save DFS and few realize that their analogy is harmful to season-long game operators who have had a legal ruling on this almost a decade ago.

It all sucks. If you don't want to support anything Fanduel right now then don't play this week. If enough NFFC owners don't play this week to fill the contest we won't offer it going forward. But for the last 10 weeks we've had a great, skill-based DFS game with a partner we enjoy working with and that isn't changing because of what the New York AG has done this week. I'm all for due process and I think you'll see a lot of facts come out that will change the narrative in New York and hopefully resonate throughout the country.

Walk away from this contest if you don't like it. I'm in support of DFS, of Fanduel and for freedom of choice on how we spend our discretionary income. You folks decide which games to play. I'm supporting due process and the right to choose.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:07 pm

There is a huge difference between the two. And if I were a game operator, I would be pounding that point home via social media, mainstream media, letters to decionmakers etc. I would not be joining forces with companies that are trying to lump me in with them, when my game was deemed legal long ago.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:28 pm

I really enjoy the weekly chance to win a free NFFC entry each week.

I would prefer that it be with DraftKings for 2 reasons;

1) I hate the "no flex" and having to pick a kicker.

2) I think FanDuel REALLY screwed this whole industry. When the whole "he got insider information" stuff came out, they should of quieted down (like Draft Kings did), but they chose to ramp up their advertising to a ridiculous level and put even more attention on themselves and the entire DFS industry. This in turn of course could have a negative effect on season long leagues as well.

I will still play the NFFC weekly contest because if I win another week, I know if FanDuel "goes under", the NFFC will still honor my free entry. However, trying to say this is the same as DFS, is absolutely ludicrous. I cannot remember the exact stat I heard, but it was something less than 2% of the people have won over 50% of the money.

Something is seriously crooked there. :twisted:

Marc Quitsch

Re: Week 10 Fanduel Contest: 25 Spots Left

Post by Marc Quitsch » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:09 am

C'mon guys...I hold the best contests that offer free NFFC entries, and make zero money off of it. Just cut ties with Fanduel, put me on the payroll, and it's all good. 8-) :lol:
*NFFC Charter Member
*Member of the infamous Chum Chum Club
*"That Guy" with a marble notebook at live drafts, instead of a laptop