All Play

Coach JP

All Play

Post by Coach JP » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:37 am

It's been discussed before... it's time to get ahead of the industry and make all play the final two weeks instead of the first two weeks.

I'm seeing more teams than usual who have dropped out this season when they know their season is over. H2H championships get completely ruined by having dead teams the final three to four weeks.

ulbkumn

Re: All Play

Post by ulbkumn » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:31 am

why not just go by total points for the last 2 weeks and play match up the first 2 weeks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:56 am

Coach JP wrote:It's been discussed before... it's time to get ahead of the industry and make all play the final two weeks instead of the first two weeks.

I'm seeing more teams than usual who have dropped out this season when they know their season is over. H2H championships get completely ruined by having dead teams the final three to four weeks.
We ran All Play in Weeks 12 and 13 the first year we ran the NFFC Primetime and we found that it was very difficult for anyone to catch the top teams in a league because it's not hard to finish in the top half when not every owner is putting their best lineup out there. We had a strong demand to move All Play to Weeks 1 and 2 when everyone is playing at full strength and fielding healthy rosters. We made the change after listening to our owners.

If dead teams are ruining h2h in Weeks 12 and 13, I think they'd ruin it even more in All Play in Weeks 12 and 13.

Every owner should play out every week because everyone is still in line for Consolation Prizes in Weeks 14-16. You take your weekly scoring average and add that to your totals in Weeks 14-16 for some nice prizes. Play it out, get hot for three weeks and anyone can make up for a lost regular-season. Play it out everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:54 am

I guess I don't get the logic behind that. Because it's hard to catch teams the final two weeks, we should continue to give certain teams advantages in the final weeks? Maybe I'm not understanding it right which is entirely possible. Realistically only 1-2 teams at most quit a season, so you'd still have 10 or 11 teams playing out for 6 W's. Then again you have the data so you would know.

And we all agree everyone should keep playing due to your friendly prize format, but not everyone will follow through on that.

Maybe it's the nature of the beast and we can't have an idealistic game, just seems more 'fair' in my eyes to swap all play and h2h. Then again my eyes aren't always the best.

afv

Post by afv » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Stupid question - why not all play all weeks?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:18 pm

I like it better to start the season, if 3-4 teams aren't active it's almost an automatic win for all who are trying at the end of the season. Plus there can be some great 1:1 matchups to close out the season.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:21 pm

afv wrote:Stupid question - why not all play all weeks?
Not a stupid question but it's been asked and answered a thousand times ... H2H matchups more fun on a weekly basis, all-play and total points leagues take away that weekly urgency.

Likewise, having a H2H component tends to keeps more teams in the hunt and allows recovery from a slow start.