Week 14 Thoughts & Observations

Tom Kessenich

Week 14 Thoughts & Observations

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:33 am

Here are my thoughts and observations about Week 14:

Like Jon Snow I know nothing and I feel like I've been stabbed and left to die in the snow.

With the exception of #TheKraken my entire lineup in my top league was Olly.

The end.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

David U Kennedy

Re: Week 14 Thoughts & Observations

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:47 am

It truly sucks when you have teams that dominate 12 or 13 weeks to start the season and soil it when its time to win money. I don't think anybody was immune to injuries this year. So many bad performances by Calvin, Hopkins, Cooks, and the early game exits by Eifert, Dalton, and Rawls killed people. This is a year to forget.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:01 am

I know we complain about injuries every year, but I swear this year is much worse than any other.

Would love to see some data showing how many players in the top ___ went down w/ serious injuries this season...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:04 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:Here are my thoughts and observations about Week 14:

Like Jon Snow I know nothing and I feel like I've been stabbed and left to die in the snow.

The end.
Weak.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:04 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:It truly sucks when you have teams that dominate 12 or 13 weeks to start the season and soil it when its time to win money. I don't think anybody was immune to injuries this year. So many bad performances by Calvin, Hopkins, Cooks, and the early game exits by Eifert, Dalton, and Rawls killed people. This is a year to forget.
If your teams truly did dominate for 12 or 13 weeks then hopefully, they already did win you some money. But having that one bad week in the three week lottery can definitely end your chances at the big money. That's for sure. I'm not sure I've ever seen as many top players get injured as I did this year.
Go Big Red!

hankstr56

Post by hankstr56 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:Here are my thoughts and observations about Week 14:

The end.
Weak.
I beg to differ. I think Tom's observations are most eloquent and his analogies most excellent. This week, I'm hoping Jabba the Hut (AKA Eddie Lacy) is late for three straight team meetings so I can start James Starks at flex.

Mensa Lite

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:35 pm

My Game of Thrones analogy was far more impressive than anything I saw from guys like Brady, Kelce, DJax and Shaun Draughn this week, that's for damn sure.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Since Tom is speechless I'll do my best Tom impersonation - here goes.

Here are some random thoughts and observations about week 14. This was perhaps the easiest week of the year for sit start decisions. I simply looked at my rosters and hoped that I had enough healthy players to fill my lineups. I was in luck and had enough for each and every league...barely.

Did anyone watch the Cowgirls play the Packers this week? Does anyone think that Dallas is still America's team??? There is nothing better to cure your offensive woes than to play the Cowgirls. Even Eddie Lacy got in on some of that. They are just hard to watch this year. Do you think they miss Romo and DeMarco just a little bit?

How about that pass from Antonio Andrews to Marcus Mariota? Andrews actually had just 2 less fantasy points in one play than Matt Cassel did the entire game. Let's not even talk about Mariota having 4 times more receiving yards than Dez. I'm sure we all saw that one coming.

In my sons online championship league he took Andrew Luck in the 2nd round. It really didn't hurt too bad but only because of the 19th round Andy Dalton selection. Well let's just say his playoff dreams were dashed by the Dalton/Eifert combo yesterday. Ouch.

Did someone tell Blaine Gabbert that he is the new Peyton Manning. Wow! Top 5 QB next year?

If Gabbert isn't the next Manning then maybe it's Russell Wilson. He just needed to lose his top receiving threat. That's the ticket to success.

So looking at some of the top RB's this past week. Denard Robinson, Tim Hightower, Bilal Powell, James Starks, and Isaiah Crowell..... I'm sure we all saw that coming. Anyone who is on the 90% skill side might just want to take a look at week 14.

Thank you Thomas Rawls - it was a nice ride.

We have waited all year for this. CJ Spiller's big moment!!! Remember when he was a second round pick. So just like we anticipated, 3 catches and 9 total yards. Next year you are dead to me CJ.

At least Spiller did almost double up Latavius in points.......

It's been fun watching Doug Baldwin do his Calvin Johnson impersonation. I just can't figure out who Calvin is impersonating.

Oops, Carolina just scored again.

Carolina, Jacksonville, and Seattle combined for 124 points this week. Wasn't it just a few months ago we were drafting Colts and Broncos and Packers and Cowboys early and often....?????

But not all is bad in fantasy football this week. If you started AJ McCarron, Isaiah Crowell, Bilal Powell, Ted Ginn, Tyler Lockett, Doug Baldwin, Brian Hartline, and Zach Miller this week you probably wouldn't care who your defense or kicker were because you would already be at 196 points.

But fortunately I had multiple first rounds picks in most of my leagues and I ended up with Jamaal Charles backed up by Knile Davis, Dez Bryant, Leveon Bell, CJ Anderson, Marshawn Lynch (Backed up by Turbin AND Michael), Forsett, Dez, Cobb, Jordan Matthews (I have to use his first name so that you can remember who he is), Jimmy Graham, and of course the Colts own, Andrew Luck. That's the team that I remember putting together in most of my leagues.

Did Ted Ginn really catch 2 balls in the same game?

Has anyone told Antonio Gates and Benjamin Watson that Tight Ends don't produce after 31? I don't think they got the memo.

Oops, I think that was Doug Baldwin catching another TD.

So if you started Matt Ryan, Frank Gore, Devonta Freeman, Dez Bryant, DeSean Jackson, Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews, and Travis Kelce I do have some good news for you. You get to the take the rest of the year off from fantasy football because your year is done. But on the bright side, the fantasy water polo season is just starting to ramp up and leagues are forming now.

That's all I got guys. Now you guys can REALLY appreciate Tom! But in all seriousness, this is the one thing that I look forward to reading the most each week! Thanks for making this all fun Tom!

Wayne

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Wayne - thankx for grabbing the ball and running with it. I also look forward to reading Tom's review
every week. Really enjoyed your use of Tom's lingo - we all saw that coming! Bravo.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:34 am

I'll be back with this next week guys. I just had the most brutal of Sundays. Pretty unprecedented and I needed to step away from the game on Monday, clear my head and get re-energized for Week 15. But I'll be back next week. Consider that either a promise or a threat :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich