Feedback on Free Agent pickups during playoffs

JETS SB

Feedback on Free Agent pickups during playoffs

Post by JETS SB » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:28 pm

I know this has been discussed before, but with injuries at ridiculous levels and several teams facing resting players in week 16, what are thoughts on proposing a rule change for the future, letting FAAB run through week 15 for teams in the championship rounds or in league playoffs? It is random enough in the playoffs with studs not showing up for one week and ruining hopes after 13 weeks of dominance, why not have FAAB run a couple of extra weeks? The running back situation has become comical.

I personally lost my top two RBs in week 14 (Yeldon and Blount) and backup Mccluster as well in the classic, but that's just one league. There are other leagues where I didn't lose anyone and facing teams with no running backs and/or tight ends to play. I know this idea has been knocked down in the past, but figured I would revisit it during this massacre. I went into playoffs with 5 RBs and down to 2, with one being Kyle Jurzuzyzczyc. Thoughts?

BLACKHAND

Re: Feedback on Free Agent pickups during playoffs

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:22 pm

Totally against.. There are different free agent pools in every league which would make an unbalanced national contest once the playoffs begin. In private leagues unless you have the most money you are not getting your rb. If you had 20.00 left and I had 80.00 you would get the 5th best rb left. Can't see this working at all.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Also totally against. Prefer deeper teams that can handle injuries get rewarded come playoff time and the day free agency ends is like Christmas to me. Additionally, with only 3 teams per league really fighting for free agents, the hot pickups would be way too common across all the teams. I also like the strategy aspect of plotting matchups in advance in the playoffs and forecasting those matchups ahead of time.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Put me in as #3 for totally against it (for all the reasons already listed). :)

nails

Post by nails » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Totally for it or at the very least increasing roster size by one or 2 in week 13 ..

but knowing this league the way I do.. change is always turned down.. that's why other leagues are gaining more and more customers and numbers over the NFFC. it's a shame, because I love this league so much and will always play in it, but I see more and more people heading to the leagues that provide more of an opportunity to win. this league is for the monster vets and tough vets.. newcomers coming here and trying to compete generally get eaten alive (in a lot of instances)..
Bring it on .

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:25 pm

nails wrote:Totally for it or at the very least increasing roster size by one or 2 in week 13 ..

but knowing this league the way I do.. change is always turned down.. that's why other leagues are gaining more and more customers and numbers over the NFFC. it's a shame, because I love this league so much and will always play in it, but I see more and more people heading to the leagues that provide more of an opportunity to win. this league is for the monster vets and tough vets.. newcomers coming here and trying to compete generally get eaten alive (in a lot of instances)..
Mike,

I'm curious to know what leagues provide people with more of an opportunity to win?

To my knowledge, they ALL end free agency in week 13 (one does week 12). Now some private leagues in other contests allow free agency to be extended through week 16, but like Chris said, "when free agency is over, it is like Christmas!" :D

Also, the NFFC listens to their customers more than any other contest out there IMO. It was the customers who initiated 3RR, KDS, paying points instead of H2H, etc.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:34 pm

If you use team kicker it would basically increase your roster by one since you would not need to carry a backup kicker
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:14 pm

My classic team in 2nd place lost three RB's this week, I'm going to be starting someone HORRIBLE and I'm probably still against it. But most of that is probably coming from the truest statement that's ever been uttered: "when adds/drops are over it's like Christmas!" I'd at least be open to listening to ideas for it.

As far as other sites offering more opportunity to win, which sites and how? I'd seriously love to know how they offer more of an opportunity to win. Or are you just talking about 4 teams make a head to head playoff format where the wrong teams win the money half the time?

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:13 am

Strongly against in the overall races. Strongly for in the contained leagues in a condensed, simple form. All playoff teams get 1 dollar of faab money entering week 14. Use the one move however you want, whenever you want. Save it for emergency fill in, use it on a Denard Robinson or B. Brown handcuff type guy, block someone from getting a need. Whatever you want to use your one move on. Tiebreaker would be best points regular season on down wins. It would create a little bit of manual labor for Greg and Tom perhaps, but there aren't that many of them. This bridges the gap between those that want full free agent faab and those that do not want any after 13 weeks.

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:59 am

Overal races definitely no. Private contained leagues yes. Chad outlined above on contained leagues.