DO THE OPPOSITE

nails

DO THE OPPOSITE

Post by nails » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:34 pm

- in 10 years, I've never experienced a week in which every single lineup decision made has been the wrong one. Every tough choice was the wrong one. even at 7:30, seeing how bad my choices were today, on the final choice I had for sunday night football, I flipped a coin between 2 players.. and of course wrong choice. I'm disgusted. probably cost me a good 10k today.

f'ing danny woodhead lays about 5 eggs in a row the last 5 weeks.. I stuck with him every dam week and finally had enough this week, and wala, 4td's. mother f'er.

Jordan Matthews. again, went from barely playing and even when playing he sucked just about every dam game.. finally sat him this week. (in one league I played him cause I had no choice).. but in others wala..

these are the weeks, I honestly don't know why I do this to myself. these coaches are so dam unpredictable.. you want depth, but when you have too much, this is what happens .. wrong decisions. UGH. I'm not playing in one post season league,, I'm done till next year.. i'll take my regular season earnings this year and be done till next august. see ya all.
Bring it on .

Cocktails and Dreams

Re: DO THE OPPOSITE

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:33 pm

nails wrote:- in 10 years, I've never experienced a week in which every single lineup decision made has been the wrong one. Every tough choice was the wrong one. even at 7:30, seeing how bad my choices were today, on the final choice I had for sunday night football, I flipped a coin between 2 players.. and of course wrong choice. I'm disgusted. probably cost me a good 10k today.

f'ing danny woodhead lays about 5 eggs in a row the last 5 weeks.. I stuck with him every dam week and finally had enough this week, and wala, 4td's. mother f'er.

Jordan Matthews. again, went from barely playing and even when playing he sucked just about every dam game.. finally sat him this week. (in one league I played him cause I had no choice).. but in others wala..

these are the weeks, I honestly don't know why I do this to myself. these coaches are so dam unpredictable.. you want depth, but when you have too much, this is what happens .. wrong decisions. UGH. I'm not playing in one post season league,, I'm done till next year.. i'll take my regular season earnings this year and be done till next august. see ya all.
You aren't the only one. Woodhead on some key benches of mine as well. Just try to remind yourself that these are decisions that are within a point or two in expected results. When they end up being 25 or 30 point swings it stings big time. We are never as smart as we think we are when we get lucky, and we are never as dumb as we think we are when we get unlucky. Humbling game, and the randomness of it helps make it exciting and frustrating at the same time.

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:46 am

Only one person to blame for not starting woody. Get mirror and hold it in front of face.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
nails wrote:- in 10 years, I've never experienced a week in which every single lineup decision made has been the wrong one. Every tough choice was the wrong one. even at 7:30, seeing how bad my choices were today, on the final choice I had for sunday night football, I flipped a coin between 2 players.. and of course wrong choice. I'm disgusted. probably cost me a good 10k today.

You aren't the only one. Woodhead on some key benches of mine as well. Just try to remind yourself that these are decisions that are within a point or two in expected results. When they end up being 25 or 30 point swings it stings big time. We are never as smart as we think we are when we get lucky, and we are never as dumb as we think we are when we get unlucky. Humbling game, and the randomness of it helps make it exciting and frustrating at the same time.
Agreed, it happens. It's tough to dwell on but there's a reason our teams aren't going to put up points like draft champions teams.

The more I play fantasy football, the more I'm comfortable with the logic used to get there and letting go if it's the wrong decision. I had agonized over Tavon Austin vs. Heath Miller in a flex spot on Thursday. It's natural that I was disappointed when Austin had a good game but in reviewing the logic I had used that led me to start Miller, I realize I would do the same thing given the information that I had.

Woodhead didn't seem like a good play to me this week, it looked like the Chargers were going to spend their last couple of weeks trying to prove Melvin Gordon wasn't a bust and this appeared to be a game the Chargers might actually be able to get a lead against a defense where Gordon might actually be effective for once. Depending on your other options, benching Woodhead was probably the smarter option, just didn't work out.

nails

Post by nails » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:56 pm

yea, I feel better today.. I'm upset because I've started the guy just about every week no matter what and finally gave up .. every year I learn lessons.. this year's lesson, stick with guys even if they are slumping.. if you get in the playoffs, just start the guys that got you there day one.. you lose so be it.. oh well.. still won money this year.. not going to complain.. but boy, I did not (and I don't hesitate to say NOBODY DID) see that one coming with woodhead and Jordan Matthews. Matthews I liked upside but he has been so bad.. UGH.. I really hate chip Kelly and I think he sucks as a coach bad! what he has done to DeMarco murray is disgraceful. what he has done to that team is disgraceful. he really should be fired.. his skill set is not meant for the NFL. I will bet you any amount of money next week Matthews has 3 catches for 15 yards.. I guarantee it. and woodhead will catch 5 balls for 10 yards
Bring it on .

TR

Post by TR » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:03 pm

nails wrote:yea, I feel better today.. I'm upset because I've started the guy just about every week no matter what and finally gave up .. every year I learn lessons.. this year's lesson, stick with guys even if they are slumping.. if you get in the playoffs, just start the guys that got you there day one.. you lose so be it.. oh well.. still won money this year.. not going to complain.. but boy, I did not (and I don't hesitate to say NOBODY DID) see that one coming with woodhead and Jordan Matthews. Matthews I liked upside but he has been so bad.. UGH.. I really hate chip Kelly and I think he sucks as a coach bad! what he has done to DeMarco murray is disgraceful. what he has done to that team is disgraceful. he really should be fired.. his skill set is not meant for the NFL. I will bet you any amount of money next week Matthews has 3 catches for 15 yards.. I guarantee it. and woodhead will catch 5 balls for 10 yards
Woodhead did benefit from Gordon getting injured early in that game. Who knows how he does if Gordon not injured...in game injuries change everything and alot of luck involved there.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:24 pm

nails wrote:yea, I feel better today.. I'm upset because I've started the guy just about every week no matter what and finally gave up .. every year I learn lessons.. this year's lesson, stick with guys even if they are slumping.. if you get in the playoffs, just start the guys that got you there day one.. you lose so be it.. oh well.. still won money this year.. not going to complain.. but boy, I did not (and I don't hesitate to say NOBODY DID) see that one coming with woodhead and Jordan Matthews. Matthews I liked upside but he has been so bad.. UGH.. I really hate chip Kelly and I think he sucks as a coach bad! what he has done to DeMarco murray is disgraceful. what he has done to that team is disgraceful. he really should be fired.. his skill set is not meant for the NFL. I will bet you any amount of money next week Matthews has 3 catches for 15 yards.. I guarantee it. and woodhead will catch 5 balls for 10 yards
I hear you on most of this Mike, but DeMarco Murray is not a good fit for this offense. It isn't a coincidence that the offense has started playing MUCH better when Murray has not been playing. Murray isn't a burner, and can't get to the edge like Mathews or Sproles can. Mathews is clearly a better fit for the offense, and Sproles while small and not a workhorse, can add so much more with what they are trying to do.

I'm in agreement that Chip is an idiot though. As for DeMarco, I have NO IDEA why they signed him. Should of just got Mathews and saved a boat load of money.

nails

Post by nails » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:54 pm

I think the cowboys will trade for murray to come back.. I think it's worth it.. give up a 4th rounder.. and get it done.. would be an instant upgrade ..
Bring it on .